I just wish...

smoker337

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That they would update the ship time from the 15th. I didn't receive a tracking number only the delay. Just wish they would get things figured out everywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

smoker337

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Its frustrating. I'm not gonna hate to Google. I'm just happy to have gotten in but some info would be nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am soooo confused! I successfully ordered my 16gb Nexus 4 @ 4:56 pm on launch day. I am in KY.... My card has been charged, but the only email I have received was the initial order confirmation.

I don't know if I have a phone on its way or if I am one of those placed on backorder?

Soooo confused!!!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Just realized my card was charged on Tuesday but I got the back order email. I don't think google should be charging us until they ship. Don't most companies wait to charge you when the item comes off back order?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMarshall123

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
this would be far less frustrating if they had a pre order service whats to say this doesnt happen again if there was so many people that didnt get there device then when the phones are restocked they could go out of stock again within hours

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If they charged later, people would claim... "but i don't have the money any more. They should of charged when i had it etc etc."

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
If they charged later, people would claim... "but i don't have the money any more. They should of charged when i had it etc etc."

I don't really care that much about the cash flow, I never use debit cards. This is on my Amex. I just don't think they should charge until the order ships. What if it's on back order for more than a month? That's not fair to me to float their multi-billion dollar business despite their inability to anticipate and meet customer demand.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They state right on the order confirmation page that they do not charge the card until the item has shipped....

enedepug.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm I think it would have arrived by now since everyone else git theirs. Plus I got the backorder email. They just don't have consistent process and procedures. As I've said before they're no Amazon. :what:

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You must understand, even though they are a big company they do have a lot to work. Often they could be the middle man and may not have this information. Think how hard it would be managing thousands of orders while chasing up manufactures to see how the stock is going, while dealing with technical issues (I hear online shops isn't the easiest), while dealing with grabbing details of multiple shipping companies.... then a customer asking for these details and the person having to chase up all the above... or look at his screen see no new information and having to justify why to every single person who calls or emails their centre.

Yes its annoying, yes its the persons job... but lets be good blokes and leave the hard working employee's alone. So they can have a sightlier better day, if its one less call great the person has 1 less person out of their hair... but when its many, they might go home even happier. As a child show once said.... Put a smile on your dile and ill see you in a little while. Lets put a smile on the dile of the worker, be nice and give them some ease.

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
You must understand, even though they are a big company they do have a lot to work. Often they could be the middle man and may not have this information. Think how hard it would be managing thousands of orders while chasing up manufactures to see how the stock is going, while dealing with technical issues (I hear online shops isn't the easiest), while dealing with grabbing details of multiple shipping companies.... then a customer asking for these details and the person having to chase up all the above... or look at his screen see no new information and having to justify why to every single person who calls or emails their centre.

Yes its annoying, yes its the persons job... but lets be good blokes and leave the hard working employee's alone. So they can have a sightlier better day, if its one less call great the person has 1 less person out of their hair... but when its many, they might go home even happier. As a child show once said.... Put a smile on your dile and ill see you in a little while. Lets put a smile on the dile of the worker, be nice and give them some ease.

Oh I'm not calling them for order status I'm only pointing out how sloppy and inconsistent their execution has been, and not in isolated ways, it's across the board. I'm okay to wait--i get that they're working on it. I just think if Google wants to be serious about selling equipment direct to consumers they need to offer an industry competitive fast and reliable order processing and delivery service. You can't effectively compete in the online consumer electronics sales space without the highest standards or you will be relegated to niche markets like Google is now. Google is a massive company with deep pockets so if they truly want to compete with the likes of Amazon and Apple they need to invest more in order processing systems, order fulfilment, shipping services, and customer service to support it all. Then execute flawlessly every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance