- 181 Posts
iFixit tearsdown Nexus 4 : LTE Chip?!
Teardown: iFixit Takes Apart Google's Nexus 4 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
On to the motherboard, which had the following chips arrayed on it, according to iFixit:
Samsung K3PE0E00A 2 GB RAM (with the Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5 GHz CPU beneath it)
Toshiba THGBM5G6A2JBA1R 8GB Flash
Qualcomm WTR1605L Seven-Band 4G LTE chip
Qualcomm MDM9215M 4G GSM/CDMA modem
SlimPort ANX7808 SlimPort Transmitter (HDMI output converter)
Invensense MPU-6050 Six-Axis (Gyro + Accelerometer)
Avago ACPM-7251 Quad-Band GSM/EDGE and Dual-Band UMTS Power Amplifier
Avago 3012 Ultra Low-Noise GNSS Front-End Module
Qualcomm PM8921 Power Management
Avago A5702, A5704, A5505
Qualcomm WCD9310 Audio Codec
Does this mean all that is needed for it to be LTE capable is a software update?
- 11-17-2012, 09:18 AM #2
Re: iFixit tearsdown Nexus 4 : LTE Chip?!
The chip is there because its based on the LTE equipped Optimus G and was just redesigned for the Nexus 4 and the chip was left there. Although the chip is there, there is no LTE antenna. There was also no power amp found on the board.
- 11-17-2012, 09:19 AM #3
- 11-17-2012, 09:26 AM #4
- 11-17-2012, 12:04 PM #5
- 11-17-2012, 08:11 PM #6
- 11-17-2012, 09:56 PM #7
- By ivan040 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
- By mcmug2001 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 12-18-2011, 11:26 PM
- By sushiglobster in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 25Last Post: 12-03-2011, 12:13 AM
- By raycpe in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 47Last Post: 10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
- By mcaspe1 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 30Last Post: 10-30-2011, 08:45 PM