Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Nexus 4 Failure

In the interest of balance. I received my replacement device this afternoon, just four days after logging my call about the phone being defective.

There is the matter of the return of the faulty phone and, the hold being lifted from my cc subject to the fault being a warranty issue.

I really hope this one lasts longer than my first one!

I plugged my n4 in for the first time 1 week ago after that I could no longer talk to it via usb ! No adv or fast boot or anything. Today it turned itself off - it didn't say shutting down it just blipped off while in use and nowit wwill not turn on. Charging it just makes the notification light turn red trying to put it in download mode turns the light off other than that it shows no signs of life. Garbage. I don't have the 350 dollars to let them hold for a replacement. It is the holidays so I'm just going to call them tomorrow and have them do a return. I'm so upset about this it makes me sick. My wife's n4 is still working fine hopefully I don't have to send that one back anytime soon

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Davis View Post
    I plugged my n4 in for the first time 1 week ago after that I could no longer talk to it via usb ! No adv or fast boot or anything. Today it turned itself off - it didn't say shutting down it just blipped off while in use and nowit wwill not turn on. Charging it just makes the notification light turn red trying to put it in download mode turns the light off other than that it shows no signs of life. Garbage. I don't have the 350 dollars to let them hold for a replacement. It is the holidays so I'm just going to call them tomorrow and have them do a return. I'm so upset about this it makes me sick. My wife's n4 is still working fine hopefully I don't have to send that one back anytime soon
    There are more going on sale today so maybe if you call they can help you out and get you the replacement in short order before anything needs to be charged to your credit card?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Just read this updated review by mobile syrup. I always find them to be very reliable. Anyone else having these issues?

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Mobil...3/gUguyPSjj48/

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Davis View Post
    ... Charging it just makes the notification light turn red ...
    From what I can see, the "stock" N4 has no visual indicator of charging mode other than a small lightning bolt which appears across the battery icon if the device is powered on while connected to the charger. If powered off, there is nothing - there is no illuminating of the notification light, whether red, green, chartreuse or otherwise.

So, what's up with that? Have you installed Lightflow or a similar app and set it to monitor charging state? Are you aware that there are threads here concerning problems with Lightflow and the N4? Could it be that you do not have a hardware problem per se, but a "bad app" problem?

I've had the exact same problems. I'm going to take it back to the store. I hope it helps the situation. I really like this phone.

Same problem. Nothing is working, keep getting a dead droid with a red- ! Also this- the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. Recovery mode not working.
    Nexus 7 2nd gen, no mods, 2 weeks old.
    Seems like a serious failure.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123