Nexus 4 Failure

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I guess no one here likes people AGREEING with them. Yes it is common practice, yes it is a GREAT idea, and no Google isn't the only company to do it. You see,I agree with everything you say. Now let's get back to the main point. All of these companies use this great idea that is common practice because they all know that with a new product comes new problems that they will have to face. My God, that was hard.

People just cant tell if you're being serious, sarcastic, or flat out trolling. Don't take that the wrong way, it's just how some of your posts have come off.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess no one here likes people AGREEING with them. Yes it is common practice, yes it is a GREAT idea, and no Google isn't the only company to do it. You see,I agree with everything you say. Now let's get back to the main point. All of these companies use this great idea that is common practice because they all know that with a new product comes new problems that they will have to face. My God, that was hard.

Thank you for clarification. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
At least my post portray my real character. I'm pretty sarcastic...that's why I love Phil's reviews and post. I can totally relate:)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah really. I am not going to defend the phone at all, but this is a common practice.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

I'm not defending the phone. Just trying to be realistic.

Plus, I know how angry I would be if I received a defective phone only to be told I would have to wait for a replacement.

Just personally speaking I'm tired of what I believe is a lack of quality control on these devices. They seem to be in such a rush to get these things out that they are failing to make sure they are ready for release. How many Android phones are released with numerous bugs and problems? It seems that each of them are. Right now it is sounding like the Note 2 has bugs with its multi tasking, the Galaxy Nexus had more than it's fair share of bugs. Motorola has released phones with problems with their radios.

I personally do not find it comforting to turn on my brands new phone and the see the notification that there is an update.

Unfortunately, unless it's an iPhone, when there are bugs the lag time for an update will be weeks to months. I'm not saying Apple is any better with bugs. My gf had to have the iPhone 5 when it came out. The first one she received had a faulty wifi and bluetooth on it. Went into an Apple store for a replacement, fortunately they do hold some stock over for replacements. But, ios6 has its share of bugs. I think her phone has been updated now 4 or 5 times.

In my opinion these OEM's need to slow down and make sure there are not these problems before the phones are released.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Plus, I know how angry I would be if I received a defective phone only to be told I would have to wait for a replacement.

Just personally speaking I'm tired of what I believe is a lack of quality control on these devices. They seem to be in such a rush to get these things out that they are failing to make sure they are ready for release. How many Android phones are released with numerous bugs and problems? It seems that each of them are. Right now it is sounding like the Note 2 has bugs with its multi tasking, the Galaxy Nexus had more than it's fair share of bugs. Motorola has released phones with problems with their radios.

I personally do not find it comforting to turn on my brands new phone and the see the notification that there is an update.

Unfortunately, unless it's an iPhone, when there are bugs the lag time for an update will be weeks to months. I'm not saying Apple is any better with bugs. My gf had to have the iPhone 5 when it came out. The first one she received had a faulty wifi and bluetooth on it. Went into an Apple store for a replacement, fortunately they do hold some stock over for replacements. But, ios6 has its share of bugs. I think her phone has been updated now 4 or 5 times.

In my opinion these OEM's need to slow down and make sure there are not these problems before the phones are released.

Tl;dr

I know you weren't either, and I skimmed your post and agreed with what I saw

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

mohamadali

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone yesterday via t-mobile and I noticed it crashing a bunch of times. I tried a reset and realized that slightly touching (rubbing) the power button caused the screen to turn on and off and cause a crash and trying to do recovery through the methods posted I too received the red blinking notification light. ugh time to call!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I think this is a problem with all products. Cars, tvs, toasters, software. We don't live in a perfect world. Google will release an update it will resolve the issue. Life goes on.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got the phone yesterday via t-mobile and I noticed it crashing a bunch of times. I tried a reset and realized that slightly touching (rubbing) the power button caused the screen to turn on and off and cause a crash and trying to do recovery through the methods posted I too received the red blinking notification light. ugh time to call!

If you bought it from T-Mobile, try taking it back to the store first. You should be able to walk out with a new one instead of having to wait for one to be shipped to you.

mohamadali

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went in to exchange and they were sold out along with every other store in town. So I ended up just returning and getting all my money back. I will be buying from play store when they come out....one day. haha

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I went in to exchange and they were sold out along with every other store in town. So I ended up just returning and getting all my money back. I will be buying from play store when they come out....one day. haha

IrnBruster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
In the interest of balance. I received my replacement device this afternoon, just four days after logging my call about the phone being defective.

There is the matter of the return of the faulty phone and, the hold being lifted from my cc subject to the fault being a warranty issue.

I really hope this one lasts longer than my first one!

Kevin Davis

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I plugged my n4 in for the first time 1 week ago after that I could no longer talk to it via usb ! No adv or fast boot or anything. Today it turned itself off - it didn't say shutting down it just blipped off while in use and nowit wwill not turn on. Charging it just makes the notification light turn red trying to put it in download mode turns the light off other than that it shows no signs of life. Garbage. I don't have the 350 dollars to let them hold for a replacement. It is the holidays so I'm just going to call them tomorrow and have them do a return. I'm so upset about this it makes me sick. My wife's n4 is still working fine hopefully I don't have to send that one back anytime soon

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I plugged my n4 in for the first time 1 week ago after that I could no longer talk to it via usb ! No adv or fast boot or anything. Today it turned itself off - it didn't say shutting down it just blipped off while in use and nowit wwill not turn on. Charging it just makes the notification light turn red trying to put it in download mode turns the light off other than that it shows no signs of life. Garbage. I don't have the 350 dollars to let them hold for a replacement. It is the holidays so I'm just going to call them tomorrow and have them do a return. I'm so upset about this it makes me sick. My wife's n4 is still working fine hopefully I don't have to send that one back anytime soon

There are more going on sale today so maybe if you call they can help you out and get you the replacement in short order before anything needs to be charged to your credit card?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
... Charging it just makes the notification light turn red ...

From what I can see, the "stock" N4 has no visual indicator of charging mode other than a small lightning bolt which appears across the battery icon if the device is powered on while connected to the charger. If powered off, there is nothing - there is no illuminating of the notification light, whether red, green, chartreuse or otherwise.

So, what's up with that? Have you installed Lightflow or a similar app and set it to monitor charging state? Are you aware that there are threads here concerning problems with Lightflow and the N4? Could it be that you do not have a hardware problem per se, but a "bad app" problem?

Braxtone

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Same problem. Nothing is working, keep getting a dead droid with a red- ! Also this- the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. Recovery mode not working.
Nexus 7 2nd gen, no mods, 2 weeks old.
Seems like a serious failure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta