Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nexus4
  • 1 Post By SuperManFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    smoker337's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Google returned my money!

    Anyone else seeing that the money Google has been holding on to is now back in there back account? Why Google? Why?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    yfan's Avatar

    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    It is possible they have decided not to charge your card until your product is actually ready to ship. This would apply to you if your order is back-ordered.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Google never "took" your money, it was just a pending authorization. Depending on your bank, if the authorization never turns into a fully posted charge, your bank will remove it from your account. Some banks are 2 days, some are 5 days, some are 7 days.
    Thanked by:
    Andrew Martonik likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus4 View Post
    Google never "took" your money, it was just a pending authorization. Depending on your bank, if the authorization never turns into a fully posted charge, your bank will remove it from your account. Some banks are 2 days, some are 5 days, some are 7 days.
    Exactly its just a placeholder. My charge disappeared even though my phone is out for delivery.
  5. #5  
    nickacs's Avatar

    Posts
    514 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
    Exactly its just a placeholder. My charge disappeared even though my phone is out for delivery.
    Huh? Why would the charge disappear and not post if your phone is already out for delivery? I thought they do charge your card the day it's shipped?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Huh? Why would the charge disappear and not post if your phone is already out for delivery? I thought they do charge your card the day it's shipped?
    Charges take time to post sometimes.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Huh? Why would the charge disappear and not post if your phone is already out for delivery? I thought they do charge your card the day it's shipped?
    it will be taken
  8. #8  
    squadz's Avatar

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    They did the same to me, removed pre authorized charge from my credit card.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    smoker337's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    I just spoke to them. The CSR told me they just do the pending charge to make sure its a legit bank account. Then they put it back in and then take it back out once it ships. Or so I was told.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  
    nexusisneecesary's Avatar

    Posts
    4,277 Posts
    ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    it will be taken
    Yes the day the phone is shipped the money will be taken from Your account so leave it alone

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Documentary's and Educational Videos you think everyone should see.
    (Last Updated June,2,2013)
    Thread Retired
    Current Android Devices:HTC one,2013 Nexus 7
    Past Android Devices:Xperia Play,Droid Pro,2012 Nexus 7
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by smoker337 View Post
    I just spoke to them. The CSR told me they just do the pending charge to make sure its a legit bank account. Then they put it back in and then take it back out once it ships. Or so I was told.
    Yup, this is how most transactions work. Especially when there's a pre-order or a delay involved.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Mine shipped yesterday, left KY now in IN, scheduled to arrive Monday. Nothing charged to my AMEX yet. I assume it will hit, but odd that nothing shows on my account yet.

    UPDATE: Out for delivery today. And my card was finally charged.
    nickacs likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Thats pretty genius to validate it, but I like Paypal donation of a few cent's to my account slightly better.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    smoker337's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperManFan View Post
    Mine shipped yesterday, left KY now in IN, scheduled to arrive Monday. Nothing charged to my AMEX yet. I assume it will hit, but odd that nothing shows on my account yet.

    UPDATE: Out for delivery today. And my card was finally charged.
    That's awesome. I'm in IN as well. Nothing new yet tho

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Looked at my PayPal account....the money has been returned. Makes me sad. I called google the other day and they said I would have the phone today (tuesday) or tomorrow. But now the money has been returned to my account. I have never got anything but the initial order confirmation. No email with shipping or tracking info and no email about backorder, just nothing....

    Very sad....



    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    No email about it being delayed is probably a good thing....the initial hold is just to make sure the money is there. It's not the actual charge to pay for the phone...
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    No email about it being delayed is probably a good thing....the initial hold is just to make sure the money is there. It's not the actual charge to pay for the phone...

    I am still leary. I ordered mine at 4:56pm that day. Surely they had been sold out long before that?


    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    My charge was dropped too, Two days after the order.

    It didn't get re-charged until after the device was shipped.
  19. #19  
    natehoy's Avatar

    Posts
    1,715 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I am still leery. I ordered mine at 4:56pm that day. Surely they had been sold out long before that?
    Based on a number of comments here, the time you ordered seems to have little to do with whether the fickle finger of fate chose you for a backorder.

    But, since there's nothing you can do to change the order status, be patient and wait, and you'll get a device as soon as you get one; not one second earlier, not one second later.
  20. #20  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    Quote Originally Posted by smoker337 View Post
    Anyone else seeing that the money Google has been holding on to is now back in there back account? Why Google? Why?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    It sounds like what they did with the N7.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Google returned my money!

    My charge was dropped five days after ordering. I am patient, just leery of what they are doing. This entire thing has most definitely not been handled well by Google.


    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 08:02 AM
  2. Returning my phone for a new one?
    By PainKiller in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 07:21 PM
  3. google maps my location isn't working
    By jrappy87 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM
  4. I'm so close to returning my Droid! But it's not my fault!
    By cheechoz818 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 11:13 AM
  5. I just returned my Motorola Droid!
    By Kronko in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 08:16 AM

Posting Permissions