1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon AppStore problems?

Anyone else having issues with the Amazon AppStore constantly de-authorizing itself on the N4? I've tried everything I can think of, but no go. What happens specifically is this - I open an app that I got from Amazon's store, and I get a popup saying "Please sign in. You must be logged in to the Amazon Appstore to run this app". It's happened with every app I've tried.

At first I thought it was because I restored some data for my Amazon apps with Titanium. But then I literally uninstalled every Amazon app and re-downloaded from the store. Still did it. There was an update to the store today as well, and it happens with the old and new versions. Amazon AppStore works fine on my Nexus One though. I've de-authorized every devices attached to my account BUT those two... so it's not as if I have too many devices hooked up.

I'm baffled. Ideas? It sucks because some of my favorite and most used apps (PocketCasts, Gentle Alarm, several games) came from the Amazon Free App of the Day and I can't use them. UGH!

EDIT: I am unlocked and rooted, but I guess that's obvious since I used Titanium to restore.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Amazon AppStore problems?

Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz#AC View Post
    Anyone else having issues with the Amazon AppStore constantly de-authorizing itself on the N4? I've tried everything I can think of, but no go. What happens specifically is this - I open an app that I got from Amazon's store, and I get a popup saying "Please sign in. You must be logged in to the Amazon Appstore to run this app". It's happened with every app I've tried.

At first I thought it was because I restored some data for my Amazon apps with Titanium. But then I literally uninstalled every Amazon app and re-downloaded from the store. Still did it. There was an update to the store today as well, and it happens with the old and new versions. Amazon AppStore works fine on my Nexus One though. I've de-authorized every devices attached to my account BUT those two... so it's not as if I have too many devices hooked up.

I'm baffled. Ideas? It sucks because some of my favorite and most used apps (PocketCasts, Gentle Alarm, several games) came from the Amazon Free App of the Day and I can't use them. UGH!

EDIT: I am unlocked and rooted, but I guess that's obvious since I used Titanium to restore.
    It's something that Amazon is going to have to update their app to fix.. as people on the Nexus 7 with 4.2 are having the same issue (myself included). Unfortunately Amazon is not known for speedy updates, but hopefully they'll take care of this sooner than later.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The version I'm using IS updated though. As of today. That's the first thing I thought was wrong... Oh well. Guess they need to update the update. For the record my Amazon AppStore is release-4.0634.0 Last Updated 11/17/12 (1.0.217.16).

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

The version I'm using IS updated though. As of today. That's the first thing I thought was wrong... Oh well. Guess they need to update the update. For the record my Amazon AppStore is release-4.0634.0 Last Updated 11/17/12 (1.0.217.16).
    Lol that's odd.. I have release-2.6.53 on both my Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus, it hasn't been updated in a long time. Hitting "check for update" now on both and nothing is coming up either. Weird.......

But yeah, it is still an issue on their end that needs fixing. When and how did you get this updated version tho, btw?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

In my troubleshooting efforts I went to the website and de-auth'ed every device I had in there. Then I clicked on the link to "add a device". That will send an email or a text with a link to download. I was shocked as hell when I realized it was a different version. I think it looks much nicer, but maybe that's just me? heh.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

In my troubleshooting efforts I went to the website and de-auth'ed every device I had in there. Then I clicked on the link to "add a device". That will send an email or a text with a link to download. I was shocked as hell when I realized it was a different version. I think it looks much nicer, but maybe that's just me? heh.
    Very interesting.. figures their own app wouldn't even let me know there is an update, lol. Goes to prove my point though, they are very behind and pretty incompetent with their app store and upgrades process. I made the mistake of buying some needed apps from them when I was new to Android, but I avoid them like the plague now.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Very interesting.. figures their own app wouldn't even let me know there is an update, lol. Goes to prove my point though, they are very behind and pretty incompetent with their app store and upgrades process. I made the mistake of buying some needed apps from them when I was new to Android, but I avoid them like the plague now.
    yeah... it was very weird. i guess i didn't even consider it being a 4.2 problem, since the nx4 always had 4.2. but now that i google that, i see multiple people reporting it. crap.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

yeah... it was very weird. i guess i didn't even consider it being a 4.2 problem, since the nx4 always had 4.2. but now that i google that, i see multiple people reporting it. crap.
    Saw in the Nexus 7 section that someone received an email back from Amazon acknowledging the issue and that they are working on it. I'm sure it's a simple fix, but again, they are wont to drag their feet a bit on these things, lol.

I have an EVO 4G LTE running ICS and am having this issue too.
    Sucks because I use tunein radio pro and pocket informant (calendar app) all the time!

So if not Amazon who can I use. Slideme is slow and market well thats not an option, I think< So I can use some ideas!

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Ktrig View Post
    So if not Amazon who can I use. Slideme is slow and market well thats not an option, I think< So I can use some ideas!
    The Amazon App Store works fine with my Nexus 4. I had some issues running it on the N4 initially, but it looks like an update has fixed the problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 12-27-2012 at 11:57 AM.

I'm having problems with Amazon appstore. It just wont load...I wish my tablet was compatible with google play

I had same problem. It has something to do with me using Google chrome. I switched over to Firefox n now it works. I'm still having trouble getting my apps already purchased on my nexus. But I can get the apps using Firefox for some reason.