Nexus 4 Petitions Circulating in the Android World

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Please help the people who started this petition to receive a response from Google by signing up for the petition, we hope that they respond to us as early as possible on this back order fiasco.

https://www.change.org/petitions/go...n-the-nexus-4-shipping-backorder-fiasco#share

https://www.change.org/petitions/go...s-on-nexus-4-orders-and-provide-a-free-bumper

Also there is a spreadsheet that is being maintained for those who are stuck in limbo land.. please feel free to post in the spread sheet. It will definitely help us.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al-xFAKJdvdhdFYwcUZyT1JiQ0VtSTlPeklsVUwxNXc#gid=0

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Official Response: They sold out. They said sorry, they're refunding the shipping if you got backordered. It happens. Move on. This is still just a phone we're talking about.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Official Response: They sold out. They said sorry, they're refunding the shipping if you got backordered. It happens. Move on. This is still just a phone we're talking about.

Exactly these things happen should they maybe not but there's no need to Run around screaming about it...let's all just be mature and move on like 2def said:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
They already responded... they noted that its a sell out and they'll hopefully be back soon.

Stop making petitions, this isn't petition-worthy.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but this only works for mature adults who are able to understand that life has disappointments and some patience may be required.

The people who have been filling their diapers for the past three weeks over the lack of LTE/SD slot/removable battery/pre-orders/site problems/sellouts/back-orders (pick at least 7) don't want to hear this nonsense. They've been raised to believe they were Mommy and Daddy's pweshuss widdle baybee and they were entitled to everything they wanted, how they want it, immediately and if they don't get it, they're going to sue/beat someone up/sign a petition to let the world know that they're far too important to be inconvenienced and they're gonna hold their breath until they turn blue and die unless Google satisfies them yesterday.

At this point, if I were Google, I'd take every name on these petitions and add them to a "Do Not Sell To" list which bars them from ever buying whatever they're whining about. "We're sorry, but we cannot fulfill your order for a Nexus 4 because according to our DNST list, you signed a petition calling it and us 'steaming piles of fail who need to die for being so fail.' Perhaps you forgot you wrote that, but we didn't because we're Google and we see EVERYTHING. Santa Claus uses us to compile his Naughty and Nice Lists. Guess which one your spoiled punk ass is on? BONG!!!" It would be like the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when they fly around beating up people who dissed them online.

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
As consumers, we vote with the dollars we spend. We are allowed to tell a company when they f**ked up and they need to and should listen or they won't get our vote ever again. Not everyone enjoys sitting there getting bent over and ed by companies who said they will do something multiple times yet never do it. They originally stated phones would start shipping IMMEDIATELY after purchase. Then within 2 days maximum (the 15th). Then they keep telling you "Oh, it will ship tonight..." or it will ship tomorrow or if you don't hear anything by Saturday, give us a call. Then when you call they just tell you they don't know but it will ship Monday. They will tell you what you want to hear so you will HANG UP. No one is willing to work to get us an answer. We are all paying customers who want to give them our hard earned money. This is not about being Mommy and Daddy's widdle baybees or a sense of entitlement. This is not something we are getting for free or even asking for over the top service. We are simply asking them to stand by their word and provide an AVERAGE level of service for this modern age.

Google, next time before you f**k me, at least put some lipstick on me first.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If we vote with our dollars spent then:
A. You don't need to buy a device from them. Silly petitions are pointless because...
B. This device sold out in every country it went on sale in, within like an hour. I'd say if Google is counting sales dollars as votes then they aren't exactly re-evaluating their campaign strategy at this juncture.

They aren't heartless or ignorant to problems. They didn't do preorders for this device because they learned from the trouble they got into with Nexus 7 preorders back in July. Now they are learning from this experience, and I'm sure they will improve things for future device sales. Remember that Google is still pretty new to hardware sales and although they didn't get everything perfect they have a pretty nice track record of improving their methods.

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but this only works for mature adults who are able to understand that life has disappointments and some patience may be required.

The people who have been filling their diapers for the past three weeks over the lack of LTE/SD slot/removable battery/pre-orders/site problems/sellouts/back-orders (pick at least 7) don't want to hear this nonsense. They've been raised to believe they were Mommy and Daddy's pweshuss widdle baybee and they were entitled to everything they wanted, how they want it, immediately and if they don't get it, they're going to sue/beat someone up/sign a petition to let the world know that they're far too important to be inconvenienced and they're gonna hold their breath until they turn blue and die unless Google satisfies them yesterday.

At this point, if I were Google, I'd take every name on these petitions and add them to a "Do Not Sell To" list which bars them from ever buying whatever they're whining about. "We're sorry, but we cannot fulfill your order for a Nexus 4 because according to our DNST list, you signed a petition calling it and us 'steaming piles of fail who need to die for being so fail.' Perhaps you forgot you wrote that, but we didn't because we're Google and we see EVERYTHING. Santa Claus uses us to compile his Naughty and Nice Lists. Guess which one your spoiled punk ass is on? BONG!!!" It would be like the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when they fly around beating up people who dissed them online.

You had me right up until "beat someone up" lol highly unlikely for the participation trophy generation.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As consumers, we vote with the dollars we spend.
This was the only part that matters. All the rest was whining. You want to teach Google a lesson? GO BUY ANOTHER PHONE!!!! As Nino Brown said, "Money talks. Bullsh*t runs the marathon." If you feel butthurt by Google, go buy one of the myriad of other fine phones out there. If you give them your money and expect them to care about some whiny little web petition, they can rightfully say, "We're sorry, but we can't hear you over the sound of the money-counting machinery."

Go buy something else and send Google a picture of it saying, "This would've been a Nexus 4 if you guys weren't so incompetent." Otherwise, who cares?

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you on this. The sense of entitlement oozing from some of these posts are off the charts. I suppose it's to be expected from an entire generation of people who never heard the word no.
Seriously has an online petition ever accomplished anything? Is there one example of positive results?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
lol @ this thread.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I DESPISE entitlement, but I'm also disgusted by the total jerk responses by everyone who walked to school uphill both ways. All the older generation talks about the younger like they're scum, but they are the ones looking like complete a-holes.

Who gives a shiz about waiting 3 weeks to get your order? But more so, who has to insult everyone just because they have differing opinions!?

Older generation: You guys don't know everything like you all think you do.

Younger generation: learn to be patient and work for what you get.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Rbower

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree a petition won't do anything but..... If entitlement is getting something you paid for when the seller says you will get it then we should be entitled.

And as for the argument of us not paying for it yet that's entirely in googles hands, It's almost as if they expected this outcome so they didn't go ahead and collect payment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC