Nexus 4 and Headphone Jack - Update - not an issue

viewsonic99

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something? I have tried about 4 different headphones from cheap to not so cheap and none of them fit snugly into the Nexus 4. I could only get sound by forcibly pushing the jack and holding it into the connection. When I let go it lost the sound. None of them fit flush with the connection. Am I a dummy or is this an issue?

Thanks

Last edited:

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 and Headphone Jack

It is a tight fit. I have to just push hard until it clicks into place. I like it like that though, it's a good solid connection, but it does feel like something is wrong until you realize that it is just a tight fit.

jbmeicher

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: You are all apparently unfamiliar with this "Google" company?

I had the same issue at first with my nexus 7 but after adjusting it had become natural

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 and Headphone Jack

It is a tight fit. I have to just push hard until it clicks into place. I like it like that though, it's a good solid connection, but it does feel like something is wrong until you realize that it is just a tight fit.

Yes, it takes a little more force than I'm used to on my GS3. Plus side is it is a very secure connection - you don't have to worry about accidentally knocking it loose.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
One thing I have noticed using the headphones that came with my S3 is that because of the slant of the actual plug the third ring on the headphones does not make contact. This means that while the mute works on the in-line controls, volume does not. Anyone else have a similar experience?

HeyBob

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
One thing I have noticed using the headphones that came with my S3 is that because of the slant of the actual plug the third ring on the headphones does not make contact. This means that while the mute works on the in-line controls, volume does not. Anyone else have a similar experience?
I am getting the same results with the Apple EarPods.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the same results with the Apple EarPods.

That's because those are APPLE earpods, not earphones for android. That's why it doesn't work. Since they are two completely different OS's, then they turn up the volume up and down differently in the system.

nathan0394

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
After a bit of new year cellebration I managed to get a small acorn like nut stuck in my audio jack but I managed to get it out smoothly with a pair of tweezers, but I realized the very bottom of the jack is silver? Like tin foil. Is this the same for you guys? Or have I somehow managed to put more stuff into my audio jack? Please help me out

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
HAha sorry but that seams pretty funny an acorn it, don't worry in my phone i used to have subway cookies stuck in it - used to work there and put them in my pocket and they crumbled.
Um I dont have a N4 yet, but on my older phones they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36