Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    lev.b's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Syncing Google Nexus 4 with OS X?

    Hi,

    I'm in my 2nd day of enjoying GN4, but I need to sync some music and contacts from my Mac OS X. Doubletwist won't work, as according to its website, GN4 only offers USB MTB mode and doubletwist operates under MSC mode. I have downloaded Android File transfer, but it won't work for contacts, and it's not that useful for music either for I can't sync playlists from iTunes.

    Any help would be appreciated.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Syncing Google Nexus 4 with OS X?

    If you use gmail for your contacts you can sync your OS X address book to gmail.

    Not sure about music though sorry as mine is all synced to my home server.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  
    Evoken's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

    Default Re: Syncing Google Nexus 4 with OS X?

    For music use Google Play Music, it will sync all your iTunes library complete with playlists.

    You contacts and calendars you can sync with your Google account.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    lev.b's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Re: Syncing Google Nexus 4 with OS X?

    Thank you very much. I figured out how to "Keep files on device" with Google Play Music. I had uploaded all my music to Google long ago, but didn't know how to download them to the device. Thanks!

    As for the contacts, I reluctantly now synced my Mac and iPad contacts with Google. I wanted to avoid doing this as I fear there will be hundreds of duplicates and bunch of email-only contacts on my iPad and Nexus 4. I wish there was a more precise way of doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
    For music use Google Play Music, it will sync all your iTunes library complete with playlists.

    You contacts and calendars you can sync with your Google account.
  5. #5  
    Kaenon's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

    Default Re: Syncing Google Nexus 4 with OS X?

    Quote Originally Posted by lev.b View Post
    Hi,

    I'm in my 2nd day of enjoying GN4, but I need to sync some music and contacts from my Mac OS X. Doubletwist won't work, as according to its website, GN4 only offers USB MTB mode and doubletwist operates under MSC mode. I have downloaded Android File transfer, but it won't work for contacts, and it's not that useful for music either for I can't sync playlists from iTunes.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    music manager for Google Music will import all of your iTunes music to the cloud. Then you can just grab the music from the cloud on your Nexus 4 and enjoy listening
    Thanked by:
    lev.b 
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Syncing Google Nexus 4 with OS X?

    Quote Originally Posted by lev.b View Post
    As for the contacts, I reluctantly now synced my Mac and iPad contacts with Google. I wanted to avoid doing this as I fear there will be hundreds of duplicates and bunch of email-only contacts on my iPad and Nexus 4. I wish there was a more precise way of doing this.
    You'll overall be better off using Google contacts than sticking with the old "sync" method of using Apple's contacts.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by:
    lev.b 

Similar Threads

  1. Google Nexus with Jelly Bean - Notifications - horrible?
    By Toddcan in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 10:04 AM
  2. Trouble syncing Google contacts with HTC EVO 4G LTE
    By GinZone in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM
  3. Unable to Sync Google Music with App on TF
    By baycruisers in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 06:46 AM
  4. Calendar only syncs one way with google apps!?
    By kylep23 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 12:02 AM
  5. Google Nexus S contest continues with photo competition
    By Sean Brunett in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

B