Less 5 days till more N4

Benoni Cooper

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4…weeks away? “Days” according to Play Support | Android Info Source

"In speaking with Google Play Support today, AIS has learned important information about the debacle that was ?Nexus launch day??including when we may see more Nexus 4′s.

As we all know, Tuesday the 13th was a dark day for those who desperately wanted a Nexus device but couldn?t make it happen. Many people (including staff here at AIS) had their cart emptied or trouble completing an order. It was a mess, but this is Friday and we want to know what new developments there are in this saga.

Our helpful Play Store manager tells us they are having issues fulfilling orders, as so many people mistakenly ordered multiple devices or had multiple orders. Also, the popular ?refresh the page? option so many of us adopted lead to devices being sold that simply weren?t available. So, in a nutshell?they oversold.

The good news? While they didn?t account for the opening day onslaught, they DID anticipate the device being popular. We?re told there are ?definitely enough? Nexus 4 devices to go around, and that the launch day was an admitted disaster.

So, why can?t we get a device if there are so many? ?We are trying to get orders out and figure out who ordered extras. There were a lot of double and triple orders, so we have to figure out who?s orders are right first.? We?re sure there are some behind the scenes fixes being done as well. Whatever went wrong, it needs a fix for round 2.

When we mentioned there was a feeding frenzy out here and asked about the possibility of pre-order, our Play Store rep tells us ?Everyone wants a Nexus 4, which is great. There have been talks of a pre-order option but nothing is finalized yet.?

So bottom line, when can we get a Nexus 4?!

?I think it will happen in a week or so. All that we?re being told is that we don?t want to miss the holiday season. They haven?t told us exactly what that means, but they stressed like 5 times that we do NOT want to miss Black Friday. I think you?ll see something in the next week or so. I don?t think it will be pre-order yet.?

Are we excited about this information? sure?but we?ll believe it when we see it. If Google puts us through another day like we had Tuesday, there will be a much stronger backlash. When we inquired about the international market getting new devices (we care about everyone!) we were greeted with a quick ?probably a little later than the US gets it.?

A lot of ?probably? and ?should?, but we?ll keep a positive outlook and hope big G can deliver."

.... for what its worth.

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
holiday season = mid december, wouldn't bet on having it in 5 days although it would be nice, remember that the first devices they get will go to those people who got "over sold" the n4

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the holiday season is pretty much Christmas but I wouldn't put it past a money hungry company to have a "sell out"and magically have plenty for black Friday. Haha now I'm a conspiracy theorist.
But really though, these companies are smarter than we think they are. They have huge teams that figure out best times to launch, when and where, how, etc.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
good to see that there was enough device and the soldout was due to huge demand.

Cant blame anyone since all looking to buy Nexus 4 at the same time. so can expect to see Nexus 4 in less than a week. thats awesome.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that statement looks pretty legit but I'm not fully convinced. I do, however, think it will be sooner than 3 weeks.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Allow me to prophecy...after the backorders ship out Monday or Tuesday and they figure out how many are left and get it sorted out they will open the site again. All of this will happen before next weekend. So sayeth the corance.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm pumped. I am ready for my 8GB Nexus 4. This is the first time in more than a half a decade I have looked forward to Black Friday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy