Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Less 5 days till more N4

I think what I walk away from this is: Google needs to have pre-orders just like everyone else. If it really is true that they had enough stock and the reason they are "Sold Out" or "Backordered" is people ordered multiples, thats an issue that would be solved by pre-orders in my opinion. Lets hope that people who have receipts, like myself, actually get units shipped this week .

And as a note for future Play Store Launches: Don't Hit Refresh So Many Times! :P

Um any company's plan is to maximize profits. Where are you from? And I'm not implying that everyone will shop at Google on Friday or that if they don't get it Friday they will never buy it. What I am saying is, every company knows Most people do Christmas shopping on Friday. Not all of the shopping, MOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Don't think Google cares about being on sale for Black Friday (or Cyber Monday, lulz) as much as they just care about being available for a couple weeks before Christmas. They surely wanna be able to deliver devices for the holidays.
    This!

Don't think they'll need that many to fulfill demand lol.
    at least we can aim high!!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    Not to mention nobody is skipping REAL shopping deals to sit at home and refresh Google's 3 items up for sale.
    Uhhhh....
    *raises hand*
    Unlimited everything. 4gb of unthrottled 4G speeds. No contract. $50 or less.
    http://solavei.com/benoni
    yfan likes this.

Haha and that's the whole point! You won't have to sit at home and refresh all day. There will be enough! They will have plenty for the "holiday season". Whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Um any company's plan is to maximize profits. Where are you from? And I'm not implying that everyone will shop at Google on Friday or that if they don't get it Friday they will never buy it. What I am saying is, every company knows Most people do Christmas shopping on Friday. Not all of the shopping, MOST.
    Iirc 98% of Google's profits are from ads. Them selling this phone at a rly rly cheap price just shows its not in this for the money. The phone could have easily retailed for $499 and likely sold just as well.

I understand it might be a goal of theirs to get stock in for Christmas but it doesn't mean it'll be a reality. They showed how incompetent they are with this round of sales.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

I know this is my first post, so everyone may question me. But a google support rep told me (off the record & not official) to expect more around Black Friday as well. I was told this when I called on the 13th about having problems with the "cart error". I was also unable to get one on the 13th, so I'm stuck continuing to use my G1 for a little longer :-( .

Quote Originally Posted by TdotLee View Post
    I know this is my first post, so everyone may question me. But a google support rep told me (off the record & not official) to expect more around Black Friday as well. I was told this when I called on the 13th about having problems with the "cart error". I was also unable to get one on the 13th, so I'm stuck continuing to use my G1 for a little longer :-( .
    Assuming that this site got the same info from a regular rep and not someone of real power then I would take it with a grain of salt. We'll see though. It would surprise me if Google even ships out their current orders by that time.

Iirc 98% of Google's profits are from ads. Them selling this phone at a rly rly cheap price just shows its not in this for the money. The phone could have easily retailed for $499 and likely sold just as well.

I understand it might be a goal of theirs to get stock in for Christmas but it doesn't mean it'll be a reality. They showed how incompetent they are with this round of sales.
    CostCostCost
    Well they aren't selling it just for the fun of it and they most certainly aren't taking a loss. That phone probably cost less than 200 to make. just like TV ads that say "a 90 dollar value all yours for 19.99" do you think they are really just giving it away? And yes, this isn't their main source of revenue, but that doesn't mean that they don't want to make as much as possible.

CostCostCost
    Well they aren't selling it just for the fun of it and they most certainly aren't taking a loss. That phone probably cost less than 200 to make. just like TV ads that say "a 90 dollar value all yours for 19.99" do you think they are really just giving it away? And yes, this isn't their main source of revenue, but that doesn't mean that they don't want to make as much as possible.
    I'll just assume you are in the mind of Google. I don't know what they are thinking, but to me this is not the best way to "make as much as possible".

I just have my doubts that a random rep knows when Google will replenish stock....Esp since it doesn't seem like they know how many they have sold yet.

Oh my God...that's all I have for that. I don't believe anything a Google rep says. These are my opinions and thoughts.

Oh my God...that's all I have for that. I don't believe anything a Google rep says. These are my opinions and thoughts.
    Lol... Now I didn't say I believe it. I'm just relaying what I was told.

If anyone cares, at 10:40 pm EST, my helpful Google rep, Denise, told me they are still working on backorders and they will be in stock in the next few weeks. So there,a final answer. It will be between 5 days and a few weeks. How hard is that to understand?

If anyone cares, at 10:40 pm EST, my helpful Google rep, Denise, told me they are still working on backorders and they will be in stock in the next few weeks. So there,a final answer. It will be between 5 days and a few weeks. How hard is that to understand?
    Thank goodness we got a straight answer. This is great news, thx for passing it along.

You're welcome. I'm just here to do what I can....or can't. Hell, I don't even know any more.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Yeah the holiday season is pretty much Christmas but I wouldn't put it past a money hungry company to have a "sell out"and magically have plenty for black Friday. Haha now I'm a conspiracy theorist.
    But really though, these companies are smarter than we think they are. They have huge teams that figure out best times to launch, when and where, how, etc.
    Definitely agree here. They're google for gods sake. The sell out created tons of publicity.
    donec likes this.

No it was working and I highly doubt it will be any cheaper. I just want it to be on sale again! Even if that link isn't real, that's what I thought would happen. Do you think they will miss out on the biggest shopping day of the year?
    Do you not know what Black Friday is? It's the biggest sales day of the year because of ludicrous discounts... it's highly unlikely the brand new, still-in-high-demand Nexus 4 will be marked down any. There's zero logic in there.

Don't think Google cares about being on sale for Black Friday (or Cyber Monday, lulz) as much as they just care about being available for a couple weeks before Christmas. They surely wanna be able to deliver devices for the holidays.
    True. Unfortunately that means it could still be the full 3 weeks before any more go on sale. Since the backorder emails went out on Friday, the 16th, three weeks would be December 7th. That's still in time for Christmas shopping and delivery. I sure hope they sort it out sooner than that though. They also better not put them up for sale this week with a 2-3 week delivery time or I will be extremely upset.

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Do you not know what Black Friday is? It's the biggest sales day of the year because of ludicrous discounts... it's highly unlikely the brand new, still-in-high-demand Nexus 4 will be marked down any. There's zero logic in there.
    That's not really true at all. It's only that way because there are enough sheep around to believe the marketing. Most people are smart enough to know that the "deals" on BF are mostly BS. Black Friday has been around a lot longer than the ridiculous marketing campaigns for door busters and the like. It is historically the biggest shopping day of the year, because most people have the day off after the holiday, and it's the "official" start of the holiday shopping season. Before all this nonsense of camping out for stuff, it was just a day for families to go shopping together.

See "cyber monday" for further proof of the marketing nonsense.
    markj24 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just don't see the playstore not stocking the Nexus 4 at least once in the next 3 weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    I just don't see the playstore not stocking the Nexus 4 at least once in the next 3 weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    If they stock it without filling all the orders of people currently waiting, a lot of people are going to be extremely pissed off. Even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    If you actually read the thread you would see I said it would be crazy to think Google would let the already stupid low price. Yes black Friday is for sales, but as other people stated it is also when the majority of all shopping is done...not just sales. Most of the "sales" aren't really sales. It's the mob mentality. "everyone is shopping...I gotta shop"

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I disagree. I think the price point was what enticed many of us (including myself). If the phone were $500, I honestly wouldn't go for it. And I think they are selling this phone at $300-$350 to buy market share, which means more use of Google mobile services, which means more ad revenue for them, so indirectly it is still about money.

I wouldn't put it past a money hungry company to have a "sell out"and magically have plenty for black Friday.
    We wouldn't have all of these fantastic phones and probably not even an Android system, let alone Android 4.2.1, if not for the money being made off these products. People like to complain about greedy companies, but greed is the motivator that drives entrepreneurship. It's both a blessing and a curse, but far more of a blessing than a curse. If we take away a company's ability to make money, we also take away their motivation to make new products. We can't have our cake and eat it, too...
    bobjohnson201 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast