Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Less 5 days till more N4

Nexus 4…weeks away? “Days” according to Play Support | Android Info Source

"In speaking with Google Play Support today, AIS has learned important information about the debacle that was “Nexus launch day”…including when we may see more Nexus 4′s.

As we all know, Tuesday the 13th was a dark day for those who desperately wanted a Nexus device but couldn’t make it happen. Many people (including staff here at AIS) had their cart emptied or trouble completing an order. It was a mess, but this is Friday and we want to know what new developments there are in this saga.

Our helpful Play Store manager tells us they are having issues fulfilling orders, as so many people mistakenly ordered multiple devices or had multiple orders. Also, the popular “refresh the page” option so many of us adopted lead to devices being sold that simply weren’t available. So, in a nutshell…they oversold.

The good news? While they didn’t account for the opening day onslaught, they DID anticipate the device being popular. We’re told there are “definitely enough” Nexus 4 devices to go around, and that the launch day was an admitted disaster.

So, why can’t we get a device if there are so many? ”We are trying to get orders out and figure out who ordered extras. There were a lot of double and triple orders, so we have to figure out who’s orders are right first.” We’re sure there are some behind the scenes fixes being done as well. Whatever went wrong, it needs a fix for round 2.

When we mentioned there was a feeding frenzy out here and asked about the possibility of pre-order, our Play Store rep tells us “Everyone wants a Nexus 4, which is great. There have been talks of a pre-order option but nothing is finalized yet.”

So bottom line, when can we get a Nexus 4?!

“I think it will happen in a week or so. All that we’re being told is that we don’t want to miss the holiday season. They haven’t told us exactly what that means, but they stressed like 5 times that we do NOT want to miss Black Friday. I think you’ll see something in the next week or so. I don’t think it will be pre-order yet.”

Are we excited about this information? sure…but we’ll believe it when we see it. If Google puts us through another day like we had Tuesday, there will be a much stronger backlash. When we inquired about the international market getting new devices (we care about everyone!) we were greeted with a quick “probably a little later than the US gets it.”

A lot of “probably” and “should”, but we’ll keep a positive outlook and hope big G can deliver."

.... for what its worth.
    Thanked by 7:
    yfan and KenDavidson like this.

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

Default Re: Less 5 days till more N4

holiday season = mid december, wouldn't bet on having it in 5 days although it would be nice, remember that the first devices they get will go to those people who got "over sold" the n4

Key word here: I think.

Yeah the holiday season is pretty much Christmas but I wouldn't put it past a money hungry company to have a "sell out"and magically have plenty for black Friday. Haha now I'm a conspiracy theorist.
    But really though, these companies are smarter than we think they are. They have huge teams that figure out best times to launch, when and where, how, etc.

good to see that there was enough device and the soldout was due to huge demand.

Cant blame anyone since all looking to buy Nexus 4 at the same time. so can expect to see Nexus 4 in less than a week. thats awesome.

Yeah that statement looks pretty legit but I'm not fully convinced. I do, however, think it will be sooner than 3 weeks.

In retail terms, "holiday season" = Black Friday. Miss that day and you've missed the whole year.

True...ok now I'm getting excited again.

Allow me to prophecy...after the backorders ship out Monday or Tuesday and they figure out how many are left and get it sorted out they will open the site again. All of this will happen before next weekend. So sayeth the corance.
    DNicolasL likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Perhaps I should have kept quiet.
    I have a feeling I will now be competing against more F5s now. lol.

Nope, everyone is f5ing it already anyways.

If this is true, I will be giddy with excitement. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up though...

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Well I'm pumped. I am ready for my 8GB Nexus 4. This is the first time in more than a half a decade I have looked forward to Black Friday!

Annoying having to wait longer in the UK if that's true.

Sent from my MID using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Would like to see a Black Friday sale of $200-$250

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    can't imagine they'd do that. If us early orders got ours wendsday and 2 days later there $100 cheaper. they'd have a lot of very mad people.

please google get at least 5 million in stock.
    Eric Mazariegos likes this.

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts

They will ship when they ship. I'm not gonna believe in any speculation and set myself up for disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    Not happening

LInk is broken...not a real site?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Its a new site and under construction. The link goes down sometimes, but so far has always come back up.
    Unlimited everything. 4gb of unthrottled 4G speeds. No contract. $50 or less.
    http://solavei.com/benoni

No it was working and I highly doubt it will be any cheaper. I just want it to be on sale again! Even if that link isn't real, that's what I thought would happen. Do you think they will miss out on the biggest shopping day of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    please google get at least 5 million in stock.
    Don't think they'll need that many to fulfill demand lol.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

Ah ok, thanks, just found it weird

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    No it was working and I highly doubt it will be any cheaper. I just want it to be on sale again! Even if that link isn't real, that's what I thought would happen. Do you think they will miss out on the biggest shopping day of the year?
    Considering that Google's main plan here was not to maximize profits with these phones, I rly don't think Black Friday means anything to them. Not to mention nobody is skipping REAL shopping deals to sit at home and refresh Google's 3 items up for sale.

Unless they just hired a bunch of staff in the past 3 days who are super efficient in knowing what they are doing.....I highly doubt they will get caught up in the next 3 days.

But there is a possibility that I am wrong.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Don't think Google cares about being on sale for Black Friday (or Cyber Monday, lulz) as much as they just care about being available for a couple weeks before Christmas. They surely wanna be able to deliver devices for the holidays.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast