Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Default Re: Bugs, Kinks, Problems everything that needs to be worked out on Nexus 4 goes here......

never mind

Default Re: Bugs, Kinks, Problems everything that needs to be worked out on Nexus 4 goes here......

Hey everyone, I think I've found a bug with 4.2. I've come from Gingerbread, so this might be a "feature." Anyways, I was having unusual battery usage where Android OS was eating up ~35% of the battery. Almost on par with the screen. It wouldn't always happen though. Something was keeping it awake. I finally tracked it down. It was the keyboard.

If I turn of the screen, before I finish my text input, the OS goes into the keep awake state and drains the hell out of the battery. So, I don't know if this is user error on my partó where I should finish text entry before turning off the screen or an actual bug. How does android 4.0 or 4.1 handle this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fredwardnelson View Post
    Of course a discussion of any kind is generally acceptable, as is this one. But let's discuss actual problems, substantiated problems.. not list every whimsy we create about our phones. It's just silly after awhile.

Just imo, feel free to discuss. I remember when I had an HTC Hero... I had the phone for years and got involved online with the Android Community and there was a similar thread about that phone.. at the time there was an issue called ' dust under the screen issue' Everyone online was returning phones, calling customer support to complain... then rant online for not getting a replacement. I looked at my phone and realized I had the same issue, not once did it bother me or diminish my experience with that God awful phone lol. I never noticed THAT problem. I just think we are being a little too anal about some things
    After having returned both defective POS galaxy nexuses and going back to trusty iphone 4s i'm now collecting every information about yet another "nexus" device before i decide to make that purchase.
    On a side note, iphone 4s doesn't have a "dust under the screen issue" anywhere on it due to its specific construction. And i returned my GS3 because the top part of the display wasnt properly attached to the chassis of the phone and collected looots of dust. (I even had to use a piece of paper from time to time to clean it..) I hated it because of that. So yes there are people that get bothered by certain things other people may not even notice. I agree about the "anal" part though lol. Its very hard to please absolutely everyone
    Last edited by dalvik; 11-21-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dalvik View Post
    After having returned both defective POS galaxy nexuses and going back to trusty iphone 4s i'm now collecting every information about yet another "nexus" device before i decide to make that purchase.
    On a side note, iphone 4s doesn't have a "dust under the screen issue" anywhere on it due to its specific construction. And i returned my GS3 because the top part of the display wasnt properly attached to the chassis of the phone and collected looots of dust. (I even had to use a piece of paper from time to time to clean it..) I hated it because of that. So yes there are people that get bothered by certain things other people may not even notice.
    Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I respect your view of course but there is a fine line on some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by manVSpan View Post
    Hey everyone, I think I've found a bug with 4.2. I've come from Gingerbread, so this might be a "feature." Anyways, I was having unusual battery usage where Android OS was eating up ~35% of the battery. Almost on par with the screen. It wouldn't always happen though. Something was keeping it awake. I finally tracked it down. It was the keyboard.

If I turn of the screen, before I finish my text input, the OS goes into the keep awake state and drains the hell out of the battery. So, I don't know if this is user error on my partó where I should finish text entry before turning off the screen or an actual bug. How does android 4.0 or 4.1 handle this?

Thanks
    Great find...that may be a problem a lot of ppl are having and did not know about...

I experience the rattle, but it's a non-issue. I have to shake it pretty violently while the back is right up beside my ear, even then it's hard to hear. Is it possible the rattle is from the vibration mechanism moving?

This phone is definitely warmer than my last, but nothing to be worried about so far. One thing I noticed is that when I first set up my phone, before really using any of the apps, Currents began eating a massive share of the battery. This hasn't happened since ~6 hours after I first used the phone.

I'll keep an eye out and update this post.

I like how some of you just want to conveniently disregard some of the problems we're having when the reality is they do exist. Just because you hardware is fine and dandy doesn't mean everyone elses is. I'm glad you guys don't have the same issues as some of us are having but we are simply stating and sharing what we're experiencing and seeing, both good and bad. I personally don't have a reason to lie nor do I see things magically just because someone decided to make this thread. It isn't intended to create paranoia but to inform others who might be experiencing the same issues.

With that said, my particular unit definitely has yellow areas that have slightly faded. I read in another and other forums/community who don't disregard others and who have been helpful to others that it is the glue that plagued the iPhone. It will go away, hopefully one it has 'cured' or has completely dried up.

There rattling on mine, but it does not bother me nor do I feel is a reason for me to exchange the unit.

I will need more time with my phone in terms of the heat issue.
    Thanked by:
    dalvik 
    dalvik likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

GTH
    Last edited by Arctic Prodigy; 11-27-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

The only thing I've noticed that's on the list is the charging. It does seem to take longer than normal. This also happens on the Nexus 10 also so it may not be a hardware issue. I did noticed a very faint rattle when I shook the phone however, I wouldn't have shook it if I hadn't been reading about the issue. It reminds me of the antenae-gate thing with the Iphone 4 were people were squeezing the phone to trying and make the signal drop.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    Always keep in mind, there are many bugs for this phone, most are assembly issues LG has to work out, and knowledge of threads like this will definitely get the word out to LG and Google and hopefully we will have a better bug-free phone in the future, I work for Foxconn, as a repair technician, I can tell you 90% of the issues are from assembly, it is always human error to account for, the lack of correct way to put it together...

We see a few bugs here, no doubt over a couple of hundred people will see the same problems, but that is very miniscule to how many phones where actually built, that is probably less than 1%, actually way less, but that is good info for them to know.

Today I have personally sent Google Support this information and asked them to forward to somebody who can communicate to LG so we all can get a better product.

What would be good is if more people other than me sent this information to them, they have to know and LG has to know so they can correct these problems.
    what did Google/LG say?

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    what did Google/LG say?
    Might have hurt his credibility some when he doesn't even own the device yet.

Then again, he DOES work for Foxconn, so all bets are off.
    Thanked by:
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

GTH
    Last edited by Arctic Prodigy; 11-27-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Actually haven't heard word yet, but I am about to send another until I do see a response or something.
    Why? You don't own the device yet you are effectively harassing Google about problems you've only heard of second-hand through forums. See my post in your other thread about why you shouldn't buy into the complaints you read in forums. Yes some products are defective, as with every single piece of technology that hits the market. They are the minority. If you receive a defective device, exchange it for a good one.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

GTH
    Last edited by Arctic Prodigy; 11-27-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Look at it this way, I want to get the phone, but I don't want a defective phone, I am sure they (Google or LG) don't know many of the problems, the faster they know about the problems, the faster they can resolve the problems. Not harassment, just concerned. If nobody speaks up, how do they know something is wrong?

I only list my employment to Foxconn to basically show that I know something about quality testing before sending product out to customer.
    I think I speak for the entire forum when I say to just quit crying until you actually receive a defective unit.

otherwise you are just being obnoxious
    Google Android Affectionado

Look at it this way, I want to get the phone, but I don't want a defective phone, I am sure they (Google or LG) don't know many of the problems, the faster they know about the problems, the faster they can resolve the problems. Not harassment, just concerned. If nobody speaks up, how do they know something is wrong?

I only list my employment to Foxconn to basically show that I know something about quality testing before sending product out to customer.
    Really? You think a company like Google or LG doesn't have any information about its current product offerings? You're only fooling yourself on that one.

You do not own this device, yet you think your knowledge exceeds that of the manufacturers of said device because you've browsed a few forums. Come on now.

Please, read the post below again and look at your most recently closed thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Why? You don't own the device yet you are effectively harassing Google about problems you've only heard of second-hand through forums. See my post in your other thread about why you shouldn't buy into the complaints you read in forums. Yes some products are defective, as with every single piece of technology that hits the market. They are the minority. If you receive a defective device, exchange it for a good one.
    ------------

P.S. Working at Foxconn yet NOT OWNING THE DEVICE gives you zero credibility in this specific circumstance.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    2defmouze, do you have any of the problems on here that this guy listed on your n4?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    2defmouze, do you have any of the problems on here that this guy listed on your n4?
    Reading through the OP list (most of which are just ridiculous, btw)...No. There is a very slight rattle from the volume rocker if you shake the device, which is not even an issue.. it's a thing that happens when you shake two pieces of plastic together when they aren't molded together, lol. Nothing else there applies to my device, and some are truly ridiculous to list as faults, and some are just not true, and some are going to vary with experience i.e..
    16... Glass is slippery. Glass will break and crack if you drop it. Shocking.
    2.. wifi signal is stronger than on either my Gnex or Bionic before it.
    4... picture quality, this is an opinion. It's sure nicer than the 5mp camera from my Gnex, and the Bionic's was notoriously bad. I'm very satisfied with it.
    6... Did anyone even read this? "out of the blue back cracking with no impact"... Sure, whatever you say. I'll believe that when I see it
    5... I cannot make this device lag if I try.
    10.. Random reboots? Not one here since first getting it Monday.
    No issues with screen leakage, pixels, anything... No overheating (back can get warm if taxing it, it isn't bad. The Gnex could cause 3rd degree burns sometimes, lol...
    Not going through any more on there, it's too silly to bother.

Point is.. everyone needs to stop believing everything you read from forums.
    Thanked by:

Angry Re: Bugs, Kinks, Problems everything that needs to be worked out on Nexus 4 goes here......

i have a samsung google nexus 4 and am experiencing many problems with it i was wondering if anyone had any similar problems or insight because i am at loss for what to do. it will not let me delete photos, it adds apps without my knowledge or permission. i cannot delete my apps. my apps have the ability to change passwords and accounts on my phone withut my permission. the network says full bars yet i cannot go on my email or make phone calls. it doesnt ring when i get phone calls. it changes its own volume. it sends text messages and emails without my knowledge. i cannot change any settings on it they just reinstate when i turn my phone off and on. the screen gets lines of light randomly. it turns off at random. if anyone has insight or knowledge of anything having to do with this info please reply to this post!!!!!!

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jolenejames View Post
    i have a samsung google nexus 4 and am experiencing many problems with it i was wondering if anyone had any similar problems or insight because i am at loss for what to do. it will not let me delete photos, it adds apps without my knowledge or permission. i cannot delete my apps. my apps have the ability to change passwords and accounts on my phone withut my permission. the network says full bars yet i cannot go on my email or make phone calls. it doesnt ring when i get phone calls. it changes its own volume. it sends text messages and emails without my knowledge. i cannot change any settings on it they just reinstate when i turn my phone off and on. the screen gets lines of light randomly. it turns off at random. if anyone has insight or knowledge of anything having to do with this info please reply to this post!!!!!!
    you lost me at "samsung google nexus 4"

every thing you said after that is complete rubbish and there is no way those things are happening on your phone (assuming you even own one, which you probably don't)
    Google Android Affectionado

i have a samsung google nexus 4
    What's that?

This thread is trash. Can a mod please close this? It's virtually the exact same as the one he had before that got closed.

I haven't had one issue with mine. Not one. Usage and issues vary per user but you can't make these types of claims without owning the device. It's like me commenting about how bad the new Maybach rides without ever riding one nor owning it to make that wild assertion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Wow someone could obviously not be more of a troll than with this post bahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Might have hurt his credibility some when he doesn't even own the device yet.

Then again, he DOES work for Foxconn, so all bets are off.
    LOL. Im freezing my genitalia off walking my dog and read this. Really did laugh out loud :-)

Internet high 5 for that one.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
    Ziptied likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

One nagging issue that's plaguing my pre-release unit is the touchscreen goes unresponsive about 3-4 times a day, i'll have to lock the screen the bring it back up to get it to work again, quite a PITA.
    Google it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast