Bugs, Kinks, Problems everything that needs to be worked out on Nexus 4 goes here......

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Look at it this way, I want to get the phone, but I don't want a defective phone, I am sure they (Google or LG) don't know many of the problems, the faster they know about the problems, the faster they can resolve the problems. Not harassment, just concerned. If nobody speaks up, how do they know something is wrong?

I only list my employment to Foxconn to basically show that I know something about quality testing before sending product out to customer.

Really? You think a company like Google or LG doesn't have any information about its current product offerings? You're only fooling yourself on that one.

You do not own this device, yet you think your knowledge exceeds that of the manufacturers of said device because you've browsed a few forums. Come on now.

Please, read the post below again and look at your most recently closed thread.

Why? You don't own the device yet you are effectively harassing Google about problems you've only heard of second-hand through forums. See my post in your other thread about why you shouldn't buy into the complaints you read in forums. Yes some products are defective, as with every single piece of technology that hits the market. They are the minority. If you receive a defective device, exchange it for a good one.

------------

Look at it this way, I want to get the phone, but I don't want a defective phone, I am sure they (Google or LG) don't know many of the problems, the faster they know about the problems, the faster they can resolve the problems. Not harassment, just concerned. If nobody speaks up, how do they know something is wrong?

I only list my employment to Foxconn to basically show that I know something about quality testing before sending product out to customer.

P.S. Working at Foxconn yet NOT OWNING THE DEVICE gives you zero credibility in this specific circumstance.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Why? You don't own the device yet you are effectively harassing Google about problems you've only heard of second-hand through forums. See my post in your other thread about why you shouldn't buy into the complaints you read in forums. Yes some products are defective, as with every single piece of technology that hits the market. They are the minority. If you receive a defective device, exchange it for a good one.

2defmouze, do you have any of the problems on here that this guy listed on your n4?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
2defmouze, do you have any of the problems on here that this guy listed on your n4?

Reading through the OP list (most of which are just ridiculous, btw)...No. There is a very slight rattle from the volume rocker if you shake the device, which is not even an issue.. it's a thing that happens when you shake two pieces of plastic together when they aren't molded together, lol. Nothing else there applies to my device, and some are truly ridiculous to list as faults, and some are just not true, and some are going to vary with experience i.e..
16... Glass is slippery. Glass will break and crack if you drop it. Shocking.
2.. wifi signal is stronger than on either my Gnex or Bionic before it.
4... picture quality, this is an opinion. It's sure nicer than the 5mp camera from my Gnex, and the Bionic's was notoriously bad. I'm very satisfied with it.
6... Did anyone even read this? "out of the blue back cracking with no impact"... Sure, whatever you say. I'll believe that when I see it :)
5... I cannot make this device lag if I try.
10.. Random reboots? Not one here since first getting it Monday.
No issues with screen leakage, pixels, anything... No overheating (back can get warm if taxing it, it isn't bad. The Gnex could cause 3rd degree burns sometimes, lol...
Not going through any more on there, it's too silly to bother.

Point is.. everyone needs to stop believing everything you read from forums.

jolenejames

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
i have a samsung google nexus 4 and am experiencing many problems with it i was wondering if anyone had any similar problems or insight because i am at loss for what to do. it will not let me delete photos, it adds apps without my knowledge or permission. i cannot delete my apps. my apps have the ability to change passwords and accounts on my phone withut my permission. the network says full bars yet i cannot go on my email or make phone calls. it doesnt ring when i get phone calls. it changes its own volume. it sends text messages and emails without my knowledge. i cannot change any settings on it they just reinstate when i turn my phone off and on. the screen gets lines of light randomly. it turns off at random. if anyone has insight or knowledge of anything having to do with this info please reply to this post!!!!!!

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i have a samsung google nexus 4 and am experiencing many problems with it i was wondering if anyone had any similar problems or insight because i am at loss for what to do. it will not let me delete photos, it adds apps without my knowledge or permission. i cannot delete my apps. my apps have the ability to change passwords and accounts on my phone withut my permission. the network says full bars yet i cannot go on my email or make phone calls. it doesnt ring when i get phone calls. it changes its own volume. it sends text messages and emails without my knowledge. i cannot change any settings on it they just reinstate when i turn my phone off and on. the screen gets lines of light randomly. it turns off at random. if anyone has insight or knowledge of anything having to do with this info please reply to this post!!!!!!

you lost me at "samsung google nexus 4"

every thing you said after that is complete rubbish and there is no way those things are happening on your phone (assuming you even own one, which you probably don't)

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This thread is trash. Can a mod please close this? It's virtually the exact same as the one he had before that got closed.

I haven't had one issue with mine. Not one. Usage and issues vary per user but you can't make these types of claims without owning the device. It's like me commenting about how bad the new Maybach rides without ever riding one nor owning it to make that wild assertion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

Wow someone could obviously not be more of a troll than with this post bahahaha.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Might have hurt his credibility some when he doesn't even own the device yet.

Then again, he DOES work for Foxconn, so all bets are off.

LOL. Im freezing my genitalia off walking my dog and read this. Really did laugh out loud :)

Internet high 5 for that one.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
One nagging issue that's plaguing my pre-release unit is the touchscreen goes unresponsive about 3-4 times a day, i'll have to lock the screen the bring it back up to get it to work again, quite a PITA.

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
It rattles when you shake the phone? Don't shake the phone then.....

I just shook my iPhone 4S and it rattled slightly, so guess what? I'm not gonna shake it again.....

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Received my phone today and def have numbers 1 and 3 so far. And they're very apparent both the heat the yellowing.

I heard its just a glue, according to what I heard, it dries 100%( after a couple days) and the yellowing will disappear

(This is what I read on the internet so idk If its true)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bit Jockey

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
One nagging issue that's plaguing my pre-release unit is the touchscreen goes unresponsive about 3-4 times a day, i'll have to lock the screen the bring it back up to get it to work again, quite a PITA.

I have seen that too, on both my wifes and my unit. No pattern to it that I can tell. Both 16g N4s.

saundersadam

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having random reboots. Has anyone with this problem alerted google to it? And if so have they offered a solution/have you found a solution? It's not so annoying that I want to return the phone but I dont mind requesting a replacement is the problem is anything but software related. Thank you.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having random reboots. Has anyone with this problem alerted google to it? And if so have they offered a solution/have you found a solution? It's not so annoying that I want to return the phone but I dont mind requesting a replacement is the problem is anything but software related. Thank you.

As majority of phones don't have the problem it is highly likely to be your hardware and not software fixable - of course keeping in mind some app you have installed could be the cause of the problem, which would make it neither, or at least not an OS issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: GTH :)

Safe to say we can lock this one up as the OP has erased every post and edited it to tell us all to "GTH."

Smooth, guy.

P.S. Almost all your posts were quoted, I'm not sure what you were attempting to accomplish by erasing what you wrote. The internet doesn't forget :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674