Not very impressed with Nexus 4 how about you guys?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not very impressed with Nexus4 how about you guys?

only thing i have running higher than normal is my screen brightness does that really suck up that much battery life?

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Let me take your worries away. Sell me the phone, give me your PayPal.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Were you expecting it to be "magical"?

Everything is overhyped nowadays.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

only thing i have running higher than normal is my screen brightness does that really suck up that much battery life?

Depends on how high of brightness you're using and how long you have the screen on. Check the battery usage stat and see if it reports anything abnormal outside of the screen. If it is the screen, you have your answer. :)

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Couldn't disagree more. I have been using since late Friday.

Battery life - 17+ hours mainly on wifi
Screen - much sharper with more realistic color than my GS3
Storage - 16gb is plenty for me. I don't try to carry my entire music collection on my phone.

Sorry it's not working for you. Hope you find something that does.

A moderate-heavy user isn't going to get anything near 17+ hours of battery, even on WiFi..

Screens are subjective.

Storage isn't. 8-16GB is meager and forces you to manage your storage when you have to go away and/or spend significant amounts of time away from your PC. That kind of usage belongs in 2009, not on the cusp of 2013.

Why did Google get rid of the 8GB Nexus 7 SKU?

diegoesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I have had both the Galaxy Note 2 and the LG Optimus G since they first came out and i got the Nexus 4 on Friday. I can honestly say that out of the three, the Nexus is my favorite. The G would be a close second.

I get that people like the note, but I just find my self not using it very much and I'm not a fan of the all plastic construction or TouchWiz

To each their own though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nexus 4 better than the note 2? How so?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Nexus 4 build quality is a lot better then my GS3 and feels better in my hand so far. I also like the vanilla Android OS compared to Touchwiz. Sticking to the Google Android experience from now on. Getting rid of my GS3.

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

8-16GB is meager and forces you to manage your storage when you have to go away and/or spend significant amounts of time away from your PC. That kind of usage belongs in 2009, not on the cusp of 2013.

Why did Google get rid of the 8GB Nexus 7 SKU?

I have the Nexus 7 from the original launch and use it daily. I have almost 80 GB on Google Drive and only utilize roughly 3.9 GB on my Nexus mostly in apps I have downloaded including Sygic GPS Navigation with multiple states maps downloaded. I do use the Wifi heavily with tethering to my iPhone but find that in using new technology I do not require extensive amounts of data storage space. It is also nice to know that if my device is lost, stolen or damaged I do not loose any of my data or information with Cloud use.

I guess like everything else this is a personal use scenario but I really think with all of the Cloud push from multiple vendors you will see device on-board storage decreasing over time. From a business perspective if I have all of my data (100 GB+) stored on your companies Cloud drive it becomes more more of an obstacle to move to another providor.

Para-

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

It fits in my pocket without cramping my wang. the note 2 is literally a cockblocker
*giggle*

To the op, It's a shame that this device isn't working with you. I'm getting the device soon although I've only saved up ?70 for it.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm loving it.

And I am coming from the following smartphones this year alone...
iPhone 4S
Blackberry Bold 9930
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy S3
iPhone 5 (only had it an hour before I sold it, so not a fair comparison)
LG Nexus 4

The only hiccup I've had is the second time I tried to charge the device; I plugged it in at 27% and then it read fully charged. I rebooted, and all was normal.

how does the n4's build quality compare to the iphone 4/4s's? more premium? heavier? (i actually like heavy, the device feels nice imo if there's some heft to it). im asking this since they are both glass and I know what the 4/4s feels like.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

how does the n4's build quality compare to the iphone 4/4s's? more premium? heavier? (i actually like heavy, the device feels nice imo if there's some heft to it). im asking this since they are both glass and I know what the 4/4s feels like.

Coming from an iPhone 5 and I used to have the 4 and 4S, the N4 feels just as good. It doesn't feel quite as "solid" but its on par. I'd say its pretty close to the weight of the ip4. Its just more spread out rather than feeling like a solid chunk of phone like iPhone feels.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

For the love of god man sell your phone now. You could actually make a profit. To complain about a sold out phone borders on obnoxious.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Got them today and am thrilled with them. I feel like if I look at it wrong the back glass will crack though. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca