Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve_S_T
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recommend a Nexus 4 dialler please?

Thread title says it all really - it's fair to say that the phone dialler is the thing I like least about my Nexus 4, it's an area where HTC Sense is hands down better imo. Can anybody recommend a good, tried and tested alternative to the stock Android dialler please and preferably one that has the speed dial function, although I gather the omission of this might be a Jelly Bean specific change rather than a dialler problem (and I do know about direct dial widgets just prefer to push and hold the numbers on the dialling pad)?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.
    Mauibrenton likes this.

Default Re: Recommend a Nexus 4 dialler please?

Contacts CallApp seems to be a pretty good dialer. It's not too much different from the stock one in terms of looks but it is way more featured filled. Check it out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Josh. I've had a look at that but some of the more recent reviews are howlers - force close issues, cpu hog - and there are no Nexus 4 specific reviews yet. When I have a little more time to mess around with it I might give it a go though.

Steve.

I just downloaded it and am enjoying it. Not sure I enjoy all the social networking intergration but its the added features of the dialer specifically that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_S_T View Post
    Thanks Josh. I've had a look at that but some of the more recent reviews are howlers - force close issues, cpu hog - and there are no Nexus 4 specific reviews yet. When I have a little more time to mess around with it I might give it a go though.

Steve.
    Well I haven't read the interviews but my experience with it hasn't been bad at all and I'm on the Nexus 4. No force closes or anything. I hope you find something you like.

I just downloaded this dialer. Did you send requests to all your FB friends for permission for their info? I just skipped that part.

What I can't figure out is how to set speed dials. That's my main thing, I just need the speed dial function.

Dialer One has always performed well for me.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

I downloaded that one too and can't figure out how to set speed dials in that app either. When I long press a number on the dialer, it tells me to set up speed dial in the context area of the contact, but I can't find that field. I can usually figure this stuff out, but this has me stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Dialer One has always performed well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    I downloaded that one too and can't figure out how to set speed dials in that app either. When I long press a number on the dialer, it tells me to set up speed dial in the context area of the contact, but I can't find that field. I can usually figure this stuff out, but this has me stumped.

If I long press a number inside my call log of Dialer One (not in the Android Contacts app), I scroll down the list that pops up and touch where it says Speed Dial. That brings up a new dialog box that lets me pick which speed dial number I want to use, then I hit the OK button.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!

GO Contacts EX seems pretty good and I was used to the Sense dialer as well.

exDialler has been my choice for a while

If I long press a number inside my call log of Dialer One (not in the Android Contacts app), I scroll down the list that pops up and touch where it says Speed Dial. That brings up a new dialog box that lets me pick which speed dial number I want to use, then I hit the OK button.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! That worked, although I had to make some calls to be able to set the speed dials, but they are set now. How do you dial speed dial numbers larger than 9? Looks like you can have just about as many on speed dial as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    How do you dial speed dial numbers larger than 9? Looks like you can have just about as many on speed dial as you want.
    I don't know...I don't like more than 9 people enough to have figured it out.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!

I don't know...I don't like more than 9 people enough to have figured it out.
    Lol! I don't really either, but I noticed the numbers go on and on.