UK Backordered Thread

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in hearing from people in the UK who have received the back-ordered email if/when they get any updates.

I know there are existing threads, but I'm going out of my mind trying to match everyone's responses to their geographic location. Good luck to you all ... but I only really care when they start shifting some kit to the UK folk waiting for orders :)

Perhaps fellow Brits could join together in this thread and share any news.

I ordered at November 13, 2012 12:24:03 AM UTC-8 (08:24:03).
http://google.com/play still says "Delivery estimate 15 November 2012" if UK is selected or "Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012" is US language is selected.
My Google Wallet receipt just says "Nov 13 Google Commerce Ltd received your order."

dubnerr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same information as yourself, delivery estimated for November 15th and my order placed just a couple of minutes just after you're one.
Have emailed sent a couple of mails but just get the automated replay telling me to check my Google Wallet which is clearly not being updated.

Was annoyed at first, but hey it was a popular phone and at least I know I have one coming :)

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just received this - doesn't really tell us much more, but at least they're working on it - I queried why all my delivery dates showed last week.

Your product is currently backordered. We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on its way. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

If I can assist you further, please let me know.

a61737025

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Its been a week now, and the state is still the same.. estimate shipping 15th..@@ dont know when its gonna arrive..
I went to the o2 shop and they have the phone available there. I tried it and it looks pretty cool.. how could google not having any nexus4 while o2 have quite a few storage..@@
Oh come on google! stop holding the devices and send it to us..@@ dont let my first android device shopping experience being so bad...:(
The waiting is killing the happiness of ppl wanting this phone..)-(

dubnerr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mailed support yesterday:

We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on its way. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

If I can assist you further, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Jason
Google Play Support Team

Murkle

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
That's basically the same think I got when I spoke to them. Back to being politely patient. When the American emails started going out I got excited!

dubnerr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Reading the XDA forums, this generally means were now in a queue waiting for stock.
I spoke to CSR and was told that the orders were being shipped on when the order was placed. This doesn't appear to be true :( My colleague at work ordered 10 minutes after me and got his on Friday ( 16th )

And yes my order is now sitting at "Pending"

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm just happy it's changed to *something*. Staring at a page that told me my phone would be delivered six days ago wasn't giving me much confidence they were on top of things.

Still not confident that they are, but hey ho :)

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine says Pending and the pre auth'd amount on my card has disappeared as it passed the time period for claiming the money.

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, here was me hoping for some movement on Black Friday .. but no such luck.

Order still pending, device still out of stock.

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Certainly it may have started as a US event, but it's international now.

Amazon.co.uk's are running a (week long) black friday sale, Apple are running one today, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs