Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: the N4 rattle sound - does yours have it? how do we get it fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by smileman View Post
    i can hear it more when i shake it harder, but even a gentle back and forth motion generates noise.

if i had to live with it that wouldn't be a problem as it's very subtle and practically unnoticeable unless you're looking for it. but it would be nice to know exactly what it is...
    damn i wish i didn't know about it because now my ears are going to be looking for it lol
    rudeshko likes this.

I don't have to shake it to hear it sometimes. If I sit it down on its back it rattles and when walking with the phone in a loose pocket it rattles with my steps. Not exactly sure but it seems to be getting worse.

mine does it when i set it down on any surface, save my bed. AND when i use the haptic feedback..the first time i ever used haptic feedback...because the NEXUS 4 got it just perfect...except the rattle. but it's the rattle that happens when sitting it down that makes me cringe!

Quote Originally Posted by frageelay View Post
    I don't have to shake it to hear it sometimes. If I sit it down on its back it rattles and when walking with the phone in a loose pocket it rattles with my steps. Not exactly sure but it seems to be getting worse.
    I think you're right about it getting worse, mine is too...to the point I don't want to show it to my friends! boo! anyone know what it is? I'm not above opening it up and taping stuff down!

My iPhone 5 and N4 both do it when I shake and set it them down. lol.

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Both the wife and I have it if we shake super hard a certain way. We could care less. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I'm pretty certain it's the power button that rattles as pointed out by someone earlier. If I tap my finger on the back top left corner of the phone it rattles noticeably. If I do the same thing but hold down the power button slightly, it doesn't happen.

Edit: never mind... It still happens if I tap harder. Does seem to be coming from the camera area.

Mine rattles but so has every iPhone I've ever had so I'm letting this one slide.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NordicNinja View Post
    I'm pretty certain it's the power button that rattles as pointed out by someone earlier. If I tap my finger on the back top left corner of the phone it rattles noticeably. If I do the same thing but hold down the power button slightly, it doesn't happen.

Edit: never mind... It still happens if I tap harder. Does seem to be coming from the camera area.
    yep it does, I held both the volume and power buttons but it didn't change a thing
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

So I decided to call Google to inquire about getting a replacement. While I could definitely live with the rattle I'd rather have a device that doesn't rattle.

Spoke with a nice customer service rep who said this is a known issue, although she didn't know what causes the rattle.

She is sending me a replacement which should arrive in a couple days; apparently they keep a separate stock for replacement.

Bravo Google customer support!

Kind of funny to see this kind of thread on Android forums. I thought iPhone users were paranoid

It has nothing to do with buttons, loose parts etc.. It's a camera. and it will not be fixed, as it is not an issue to begin with. Just stop shaking and tapping your phones )

Quote Originally Posted by palitsyn View Post
    Kind of funny to see this kind of thread on Android forums. I thought iPhone users were paranoid

It has nothing to do with buttons, loose parts etc.. It's a camera. and it will not be fixed, as it is not an issue to begin with. Just stop shaking and tapping your phones )
    Agreed.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

She is sending me a replacement which should arrive in a couple days; apparently they keep a separate stock for replacement.
    just got an email that my replacement has been shipped out of Dublin, so less than 24 hour turnaround after calling this in to Google customer service.

just got an email that my replacement has been shipped out of Dublin, so less than 24 hour turnaround after calling this in to Google customer service.
    So I decided to call Google to inquire about getting a replacement. While I could definitely live with the rattle I'd rather have a device that doesn't rattle.

Spoke with a nice customer service rep who said this is a known issue, although she didn't know what causes the rattle.

Bravo Google customer support!
    Can you wait to return your first device until you have received the replacement? I also have this issue, but I'm sort of in a tough situation as I bough the device through JetCarrier. Google shipped it to them and they shipped it to me. If I were to return it I would only do it if I can get Google to send it directly to me in Norway. Anyone have any experience with this kind of issue?

Also, which e-mail adress can I use to contact them?

When you say Dublin, do you mean Dublin, Ireland? Very interesting given that we (in Dublin, Ireland) can't purchase it from the Play Store

FOUND WHERE THIS SOUND COMES FROM!

I read on another post and said:
    "Its the pin in the sim card tray! Hold the sim card release pin down in the hole and shake! No noise! Stop over think everything nothing wrong with the camera"

I JUST PLUGGED THE PIN IN THE SIM CARD TRAY!! and the noise is gone when I shake the phone with the pin inside there so

Nothing to worry about warranties since its a metallic noise that can not be deleted, the N4 that don't has the noise it's because maybe the compartment of the pin it's a bit more adjusted so it doesn't vibrate when you shake it!
    sibeans likes this.

heyyy thnk thnk thnk uuuu a lottt brother......... i was like crazy like hell about this sound....
    i was concerned that where the hell this sound is cmng coz the phone's built quality is outstanding
    nd then i tried putting a pin into the lock nd yesss thats b_t_h is causing the problem huh.......

thnks again

I noticed when i dropped into my bed y ssince that moment i cont stop hearing it

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

I think its the sim and/or tray making the very light rattle noise....but then again...."what's a battle???"

-ralph wiggum

Posted via Android Central App
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12