Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Default My phone and bumper just came.

I am working on uploading pictures right now, a bit new to adding pictures so bare with me, the bumper is decent though it's got two rubber pieces with a bit of metal in the center.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Default Re: My phone and bumper just came.

Sorry about the quality of the shots, using a galaxy nexus, hope that gives you a bit of an idea with what it looks like on the phone. And sorry again about the invalid attachments, here's a link to imgur that should give you a look at them. I hope this link here works for it, please let me know if it doesn't.
    Last edited by Bagums; 11-19-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Thanked by 6:
    LNWJ likes this.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szabinger View Post
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Shoot, is it working now? It's letting me view it if I click on them.

Ah yes, the brolken AC attachment system. Alll the attachments are invalid Wanted to see how the bumper looks on the N4

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bagums View Post
    Shoot, is it working now? It's letting me view it if I click on them.
    Nope : ( Am I doing something wrong maybe?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Well shoot, I'll upload them onto imgur and post those links, sorry again.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szabinger View Post
    Nope : ( Am I doing something wrong maybe?
    I think it was me sorry about that, I just got them uploaded to imgur and that link should work, I have it posted above.
    Thanked by:
    NoAck 

ROM
    Paranoid android

When you lay the device face down or back down does the bumper lift the device and keep the glass off the surface its on? I often leave my phone face down but without a case to keep the glass of a table I get worried.
    Thanks
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by harrycarry250 View Post
    When you lay the device face down or back down does the bumper lift the device and keep the glass off the surface its on? I often leave my phone face down but without a case to keep the glass of a table I get worried.
    Thanks
    It allows for a bit of a lift but not much of one, however I am noticing that it can still pick up like hairs so unless the surface is completely flat and clean there is still a chance it could sratch.

I bought the bumper for drop protection (even though I plan on never dropping it). However, I still would recommend a protective film for the back. Currently have an iPhone 4S w/ bumper and Best Skins Ever film on the rear. I've been mostly pleased with that combination, but the film I got for my GF (also 4s) seems to be thinner and practically invisible. BSE film is thicker, wavy and kinda rubbery feeling. It's also starting to peel on the edges, presumably where there is friction between bumper and protector.

Can you tell me what the weight was on your package according to UPS? Apparently my bumper is shipping today but I'm surprised at the 1.6lb weight they have indicated. Hoping that the phone comes with it!!!

ROM
    Paranoid android

Google reps told me that they do not ship items separately. Chances are that if your package weighs 1.6 lb's then it has a phone in it.
    Congrats!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foolishfocus View Post
    Can you tell me what the weight was on your package according to UPS? Apparently my bumper is shipping today but I'm surprised at the 1.6lb weight they have indicated. Hoping that the phone comes with it!!!
    My gross weight shows 2.50 lbs for both the phone and the bumper so I wouldn't think what they showed you is right for it, I would imagine that's for either just the phone or both of them.

My gross weight shows 2.50 lbs for both the phone and the bumper so I wouldn't think what they showed you is right for it, I would imagine that's for either just the phone or both of them.
    mine is on truck for delivery and i ordered 16gb with bumper and 2.5lbs is what its showing for mine as well.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

thanks for the pics...finally get to see some live shots
    it def cheapens the look of the phone IMO
    think I'd rather spend a few extra dollars for a Square Trade insurance policy ($7 a month) than cheapen the look of the phone with a $30 piece of TPU
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    think I'd rather spend a few extra dollars for a Square Trade insurance policy ($7 a month) than cheapen the look of the phone with a $30 piece of TPU
    It actually makes it look better IMO in person. I'll take some high res, good lighting pics tonight being that my personal one arrived.
    Google it.
    Thanked by 2:
    mgiusto and ChromeJob like this.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    It actually makes it look better IMO in person. I'll take some high res, good lighting pics tonight being that my personal one arrived.
    that would be great, thanks man
    maybe I'd change my mind
    guess I can get the bumper and the warranty...can't beat that!

Doesn't look like it is much protection to me.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Yeah my pictures really aren't the best, figured it should tide people over until someone with a good camera and some know how can take some. In person though it does look a lot nicer and with the metal band on the bumper it actually makes it look better I think.

Thats a sexy bumper. love the design. protect the edges which are the huge break point

Sorry about the quality of the shots, using a galaxy nexus, hope that gives you a bit of an idea with what it looks like on the phone. And sorry again about the invalid attachments, here's a link to imgur that should give you a look at them. I hope this link here works for it, please let me know if it doesn't.
    James Cameron would be proud.[1] Thanks for the shot of the bottom ... it reveals a bit of panache around the microUSB port that I hadn't noticed before.

It's hard to tell, but the "metal" band seems more like brushed aluminum look,... doesn't make it look cheap like the narrow plastic chrome bezel on the naked phone does.

[1] Director Cameron is very fond of scenes bathed in blue light. You can see this in about every film he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    ... I'll take some high res, good lighting pics tonight being that my personal one arrived.
    Is there a live wallpaper for being green with envy?
    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Thats a sexy bumper. love the design. protect the edges which are the huge break point
    Every fall my current phone has taken has landed on the top or bottom. The D30 bumper/back combo I have on my Amaze seems to have saved it during its two drops of < 4'.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 11-19-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: note about the metal-like band
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    Thanked by:

Have my N4 in bumper right in front of me. Looks good IMO. If you had not seen the phone before you probably wouldn't guess it even has a case on it. The silly part though, is that the bumper is raised more up front than in the back-- If you lay phone face down on a flat surface, you will get more clearance than face up. I wouldn't have expected this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Yes I should have put that but the metal band does appear to be a brushed aluminum a little bit darker than what's on the bold 9900.

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thank you for sharing! =D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast