Dropped Calls on Straight Talk At&t

angelita1212

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I just received my N4 on Friday, and immediately transferred my Straight Talk account from the large sim to the micro sim. Had no problems doing that on the ST website.

However, ever since I switched to the N4, I am constantly dropping calls! I have had ST for about a month prior on another android phone, and had no dropped calls. Each time the call drops, I look, and I have a full/decent signal.

Has anyone else experienced any issues like this? Could it be a defective sim card? Defective phone?

Any thoughts?

Sadly, since I have been dropping calls everyday since I've switched to the N4, I think I'll be switiching back to my old unlocked Samsung Galaxy S Blaze. :'(

Thanks everyone!

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope no dropped calls here using either an AT&T straight talk sim or a Tmobile straight talk sim. Not sure if a hard reset or removing and reinserting the sim would help but might be worth a shot.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Had 2 today.. Having just switched to ST I'm monitoring it closely. The person on the other end was on Sprint though.... Which is the reason we switched . so I'm blaming them for the moment. :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a straight talk att Sim, to try T-Mobile do I have to buy a straight talk T-Mobile Sim or can I just change the APN settings?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm coming from CDMA so I'm not too familiar with GSM phones

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a straight talk att Sim, to try T-Mobile do I have to buy a straight talk T-Mobile Sim or can I just change the APN settings?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm coming from CDMA so I'm not too familiar with GSM phones

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

You'd need to order a Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM and swap it out. Changing the APN won't do anything, you need the correct SIM.

Not sure how Straight Talk would handle that... You'd likely have to start a new line and port from your existing ST line to that one. Don't know if they'd let you swap with the same account.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
You'd need to order a Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM and swap it out. Changing the APN won't do anything, you need the correct SIM.

Not sure how Straight Talk would handle that... You'd likely have to start a new line and port from your existing ST line to that one. Don't know if they'd let you swap with the same account.

I've gone back and forth, you don't need to port your number or start a new account etc. Just call in and give them the number printed on the sim card and they will switch you over no problem. Takes less than an hour for things to switch over completely, with texts usually being the last to make the change.

You do need to have the proper sim card to make the switch tho like you said.. I now have one for Tmobile and one for AT&T and switch when I need too.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I've gone back and forth, you don't need to port your number or start a new account etc. Just call in and give them the number printed on the sim card and they will switch you over no problem. Takes less than an hour for things to switch over completely, with texts usually being the last to make the change.

Great to know. Thanks for clarifying.

ww_nyc

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

You do need to have the proper sim card to make the switch tho like you said.. I now have one for Tmobile and one for AT&T and switch when I need too.

Thanks for the info. Just one more question. When you call in to switch sim card, let's say in the middle of the billing cycle, do ST keep your remaining balance and the original the refill date or do you have to start another new plan refill? Thanks.

JB_Richmond

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Been having the same issue recently. Bought an unlocked Gnex to use w/ straight talk T-mobile service in August 2012. Never had any issues until late Jan early Feb 2013. Then it started dropping calls like crazy. Switched to an ATT sim today which did boost my signal in some bad areas. However my first call I made w/ the ATT sim dropped in 30 seconds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20