Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

pounder001, what settings did you use? Hope you got your restocking fee waived.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thanirs View Post
    pounder001, what settings did you use? Hope you got your restocking fee waived.
    I've tried all of the combinations posted in this thread and my connectivity stayed very inconsistent or non existent - VERY frustrating and after paying $400 (shipping and tax) it just wasnt worth it for me to keep playing around trying to make the device work as it should.
    Popped my sim back in my GS3 and all is good again without any issues - This leads me to believe that it is something to do with AT&T and the N4, as I see there have been some issues with Straight Talk AT&T sims as well - Yet T Mobile folks seem to be having no issues?

Quote Originally Posted by pounder001 View Post
    I've tried all of the combinations posted in this thread and my connectivity stayed very inconsistent or non existent - VERY frustrating and after paying $400 (shipping and tax) it just wasnt worth it for me to keep playing around trying to make the device work as it should.
    Popped my sim back in my GS3 and all is good again without any issues - This leads me to believe that it is something to do with AT&T and the N4, as I see there have been some issues with Straight Talk AT&T sims as well - Yet T Mobile folks seem to be having no issues?
    I would have to agree. If I pop my SIM back in my old at&t phones there is no issues. Pop it back in my N4 and we have flaky data. As I mentioned earlier I've tried several recommended APNs. The default seems to be the most flaky. The XDA APN seems to give me better data connectivity but the connectivity is still flaky.

Thanks,

Just wanted to let everyone know that swapping a sim straight from an iPhone 4S and data plan listed as Data Unlimited for iPhone 4S,
    that these settings worked for me without having to call AT&T to make any changes.

For me that's good because I am still in contract on my 4S until May and wanted to just put in the 4S sim without making any changes to plan for now... in case I want to switch back to the 4S or to have to deal with calling AT&T and losing my unlimited which I have had since the iPhone 2G.

I received my Nexus 4 in the mail and popped out the sim from my 4S and put it into my N4 and it worked from the start as far as phone service and data and texting.
    But I noticed that running the speedtest app like others have mentioned that it shows server location as Texas and will not run after the ping.

I added these settings exactly and I am now able to run the speedtest app properly and shows closest server as Miami (I am in S. Florida).

From here I guess I will check performance and see if anyone posts any other settings to possibly improve performance?
    Or does anyone think that the Data Unlimited for iPhone 4S is still not optimized and I should still call AT&T for a plan change?
    BTW, I guess Apple did the setting up of plan when I wen to their store and upgraded from my 3GS to 4S.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    These are the proper setting for hspa+

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I've been using the "Phone" APN. Have not tried using the default APN since having my data plan changed. I went in to an AT&T store, and the guy there was very helpful, and knew exactly what to do. Took all of 5 minutes. It seems like customer service is very hit and miss with AT&T.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I now noticed an inability to send MMS. I use GoSMS Pro. I have all the APN's set to the forums standards but it refuses to send the damn message. I figured it might have been the juice defender app blocking it because it turned off my data when wifi was on but it's still not sending. Huge inconvenience. Why is AT&T making this so difficult.
    Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4

If you use the default APN settings, MMS will work. At least that was the case for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhybridchris View Post
    I am beginning to think it is hit or miss with this....I had an iphone 5 with an LTE plan got my nexus 4 tonite put the sim card in and used the apn settings above. Works fine for me mms, hspa+, voice, voicemail...no issues whatsoever and I didn't have to call AT&T or switch my plan.
    What data plan do your have? I'm in the same exact situation as you but i have the 2GB plan and they said its an old plan that may not work. so im curious what you have

I'm in Tampa and ATT sucks with the nexus 4. Avg 3mbs down and 1 mbs up. I went straight to Tmobile and bought a month with them and data speeds are insanely fast. Plus, I'm getting better voice connection. This was the realization I needed. Tmobile just won my future business. I'm leaving ATT. Oh BTW, Tmobile happens to be $100 cheaper for the same plan. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Xertion3 View Post
    I'm in Tampa and ATT sucks with the nexus 4. Avg 3mbs down and 1 mbs up. I went straight to Tmobile and bought a month with them and data speeds are insanely fast. Plus, I'm getting better voice connection. This was the realization I needed. Tmobile just won my future business. I'm leaving ATT. Oh BTW, Tmobile happens to be $100 cheaper for the same plan. :-)

Same for my area but still have acouple months before my contract is over so I'll just deal with it for now.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I really want to switch! But I need to keep my number and I'm stuck in a stupid AT&T contract. It might be cheaper to pay to cancellation charges though...
    Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Exergy View Post
    I really want to switch! But I need to keep my number and I'm stuck in a stupid AT&T contract. It might be cheaper to pay to cancellation charges though...
    My plan is to sell my current phones (G Note 2 and Iphone) to pay for the early termination charges. All I have to buy is a new phone for the wife. All our numbers will port over. I can't wait to be on T-MO fulltime.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

I am working in Tampa this week and my Nexus 4 is pulling down great speeds on at&t.

I am staying near International Plaza and everywhere I go in the Tampa area my speeds have been better than what I normally experience in the Boca Raton area.
    Last night went out with a few colleagues to a Sushi place in Carrollwood (Sushi Alive) and I hit 14Mbps down, the fastest download speed I have ever seen on at&t HSPA+.

Dan

I live in the Ft. Laud area and HSPA+ isnt that impressive... 6mbs at best.
    But I have family in the Pasco County/New Port Richey area and I get the same speeds you mention with my iPhone 4S when I visited them.
    Ridiculous that a waste of a town gets that while east coast crawls lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1431 View Post
    I am working in Tampa this week and my Nexus 4 is pulling down great speeds on at&t.

I am staying near International Plaza and everywhere I go in the Tampa area my speeds have been better than what I normally experience in the Boca Raton area.
    Last night went out with a few colleagues to a Sushi place in Carrollwood (Sushi Alive) and I hit 14Mbps down, the fastest download speed I have ever seen on at&t HSPA+.

Dan

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I live in the Ft. Laud area and HSPA+ isnt that impressive... 6mbs at best.
    But I have family in the Pasco County/New Port Richey area and I get the same speeds you mention with my iPhone 4S when I visited them.
    Ridiculous that a waste of a town gets that while east coast crawls lol.
    Congestion. Probably why LTE is so favorable right now. Different chip, signals, bandwidth, less people.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1431 View Post

Dan
    I'm near there and have seen only 6mbs down at best. But tmobile gives me better consistency in the voice and data. ATT has cooler phones though. I'll miss that.

Does anyone else on here who has an LTE plan with the proper HSPA+ settings configured having random signal drops? Speeds are as to what you would expect, but randomly, the signal flakes out at times.

I have no problems with sending MMS on AT&T with the settings i reposted.

Quote Originally Posted by Exergy View Post
    I now noticed an inability to send MMS. I use GoSMS Pro. I have all the APN's set to the forums standards but it refuses to send the damn message. I figured it might have been the juice defender app blocking it because it turned off my data when wifi was on but it's still not sending. Huge inconvenience. Why is AT&T making this so difficult.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I have no problems with sending MMS on AT&T with the settings i reposted.
    Seems weird that there are some folks having issues with an AT&T sim and also with Straight Talk sims on AT&T, yet T Mobile folks seem to be having no issues? - Personally I couldnt receive or send MMS and my signal was anywhere from non existent to minimal

Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb View Post
    Does anyone else on here who has an LTE plan with the proper HSPA+ settings configured having random signal drops? Speeds are as to what you would expect, but randomly, the signal flakes out at times.
    I have an LTE plan with a GS3, and was loosing signal like crazy when my sim was in my Nexus 4. Even with the proper APN settings. I might be taking a trip to my local AT&T store later to see if I can figure this out.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

I agree. I changed my APN settings and could not get a connection ( my plan must not be for 4G.?.)

anyway, speeds are good, it seems even though can't calculate them with speedtest.net so I'll leave it for awhile as stock APN numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    I have an LTE plan with a GS3, and was loosing signal like crazy when my sim was in my Nexus 4. Even with the proper APN settings. I might be taking a trip to my local AT&T store later to see if I can figure this out.
    Yea it always fluctuates up and down at random.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Folks that are having no issues with their N4 (MMS or flaky data connectivity issues) using their AT&T sim - Are you using the N4's imei# or an imei# from a different AT&T branded phone?
    Did you call AT&T and give them the imei# or just pop your AT&T sim into the N4, and go?

I'm using the IMEI from a different LG phone, although I don't know which one (The Optimus G perhaps?) Originally, I had the sim from my 3G iPhone cut down and used it, but eventually I was given a new micro-sim that is 4G compatible. Based on my experience, and what I have read, the following steps need to be taken:

1) Your account needs to be linked to the IMEI of a 4G phone (either HSPA+ or LTE) to be set up with a 4G data plan.
    2) Your phone needs a 4G sim card
    3) Your phone needs the correct APN settings. The "phone" APN seems to be the most successful so far.

Popped my AT&T sim from my 4S into my N4 and worked no problem except speedtest wouldnt ran.
    Changed the APN settings to the one listed in previous post and now golden... so far.
    I imagine the variance in issues comes down to AT&T having a gazillion type of plans that they created with different phones with slight differences in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by pounder001 View Post
    Folks that are having no issues with their N4 (MMS or flaky data connectivity issues) using their AT&T sim - Are you using the N4's imei# or an imei# from a different AT&T branded phone?
    Did you call AT&T and give them the imei# or just pop your AT&T sim into the N4, and go?
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast