Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 371
Like Tree33Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    You only get the H+ when you're actually using data, your phone will drop back to just H when it's idle to save battery.

    Try loading some webpages and keep an eye on the icon.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Ya mine doesn't do that.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  2. #77  
    rdogger's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    For those who actually got ATT to change their plan, did you use a random imei for the phone that they put into your account? They keep asking for my Nexus 4 imei even though it doesn't show up in the system. Then when I say that I need to change my plan they are lost. I went into a store the guy said if I got the imei from another phone it would work. I do not have any 4G only phones or know anyone with one. Would one of you happen to have a spare 4G that could pm the imei info to get thing's set up.
  3. #78  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by rdogger View Post
    For those who actually got ATT to change their plan, did you use a random imei for the phone that they put into your account? They keep asking for my Nexus 4 imei even though it doesn't show up in the system. Then when I say that I need to change my plan they are lost. I went into a store the guy said if I got the imei from another phone it would work. I do not have any 4G only phones or know anyone with one. Would one of you happen to have a spare 4G that could pm the imei info to get thing's set up.
    As mentioned above, you need to use a dummy IMEI. Tell them to use one from an Inspire 4G. That's what they did for me. If the rep has no idea, try calling again. You can give them your Nexus 4 IMEI, then you tell them that it won't be recognized in the system because it is not an AT&T branded phone, but tell them it's an HSPA+ 4G capable device. That should be enough information.

    Once they make the plan change, you can verify it online and make sure it shows up as a 4G data plan
    Thanked by:
  4. #79  
    jweimn's Avatar

    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Question,
    Someone who has did the steps and has HSPA+ working correctly can you post a screenshot of both your phones status screen which shows the network type and also the phones service indicator in the notification bar? I'd like to compare to mine and see what its suppose to look like.

    Thanks

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by jweimn View Post
    Question,
    Someone who has did the steps and has HSPA+ working correctly can you post a screenshot of both your phones status screen which shows the network type and also the phones service indicator in the notification bar? I'd like to compare to mine and see what its suppose to look like.

    Thanks

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    My indicator looks the same now with the phone HSPA+ APN as it did with the wap.cingular APN on the 3G plan. I've never seen H+ on it. When you're on the wrong plan, the phone APN will not give you any data, your indicator will be gray.

    This is the phone when idle:



    This is when there's a data transfer:

  6. #81  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by havanahjoe View Post
    My indicator looks the same now with the phone HSPA+ APN as it did with the wap.cingular APN on the 3G plan. I've never seen H+ on it. When you're on the wrong plan, the phone APN will not give you any data, your indicator will be gray.

    This is the phone when idle:

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...9-18-50-20.png

    This is when there's a data transfer:

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...9-18-50-47.png
    That's how mine looks. I only get the H indicator and mine shows hspa 10, sometimes 15, am I on the correct plan?
  7. #82  
    tpd15's Avatar

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Ditto the above 2 posts; that's exactly how mine looks (HSPA+15 only when a data transfer is taking place, and never a blue 'H', only ever a grey one). I'm not saying this is how it should be when working perfectly, but it seems to be working ok for me now. And I am using the "phone" APN as described earlier. It's incomplete, though, so hopefully someone can flesh it out fully.

    Now that I have the 'phone' APN working, I am able to get the Ookla Speedtest to work. On the 'wap.cingular' APN it does not work for me, even though I can get some data on this APN.

    Oh, and I called tech support on 611 #1#2 and had the tech guy find an Inspire laying around and get the IMEI from that.
  8. #83  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Just went into the at&t store and they were confused. They didn't know what to do for an unlocked phone and I told them I just need to get hspa+ 4g speeds. They said that it couldn't be done and whatever speeds I get with the default APN are the best I will get. I've changed my APN settings and got faster data but they didn't care and told me they couldn't do it even after telling them to get an IMEI number from another device.

    If someone has the APN settings for HSPA+ 4g for at&t then post them so we can change ours without dealing with at&t.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  9. #84  
    jweimn's Avatar

    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    That's how mine looks. I only get the H indicator and mine shows hspa 10, sometimes 15, am I on the correct plan?
    Thanks!
    Yeah that's what mine did I'm still on a LTE data plan and the default APN and noticed that my phone had hspa+15 popping up so I suppose I need to change nothing?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  10. #85  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by jweimn View Post
    Thanks!
    Yeah that's what mine did I'm still on a LTE data plan and the default APN and noticed that my phone had hspa+15 popping up so I suppose I need to change nothing?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    at&t took me off of the unlimited lte iphone plan since I had the iPhone 5 before getting the Nexus 4 and they put me on an Unlimited data plan for personal. Hopefully that's ok. I'm reluctant to change apn settings and make it worse, but my speedtest.net results are horrible.
  11. #86  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    at&t took me off of the unlimited lte iphone plan since I had the iPhone 5 before getting the Nexus 4 and they put me on an Unlimited data plan for personal. Hopefully that's ok. I'm reluctant to change apn settings and make it worse, but my speedtest.net results are horrible.
    You need unlimited data for 4g.. You should have just kept the iPhone 5 Unlimited Data for LTE that I am 99% sure has the correct settings for HSPA+ as well.
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Using these settings found here: APN settings for AT&T ??? - xda-developers
    I went from a 222 ping and 7kbps download, 3kbps to 84 ping and 6.7mb download, 1.3 upload.
    awesome!

    Name: AT&T HSPA+
    APN: phone
    Proxy: Blank
    Port: Blank
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    Server: blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Blank
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,hipri
    APN protocol: leave as is
    Bearer: leave as is
    Thanked by:
    pwsteal likes this.
  13. #88  
    map1978's Avatar

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Ok here was my day today and all is good...

    1. got the phone from ups
    2. went to at&t store and got a new micro sim
    3. gave the lady my N4 IMEI number (you don't need to have a "dummy" IMEI because it's just needed to activate the micro sim card)
    4. changed my LTE unlimited data back to 4G unlimited data (she initially messed up and had to call tonight to get the right data plan again)
    5. left the store in 15mins with a working N4
    5. created the new APN (the one listed on page 2) on the N4 when I got home
    6. rebooted N4

    that's it...real simple (after a few hiccups, but it was just the lady today putting me on the wrong data plan)
    any questions...let me know
    I'll try to do my best and help
    Thanked by:
    FYourProblems likes this.
  14. #89  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Ok here was my day today and all is good...

    1. got the phone from ups
    2. went to at&t store and got a new micro sim
    3. gave the lady my N4 IMEI number (you don't need to have a "dummy" IMEI because it's just needed to activate the micro sim card)
    4. changed my LTE unlimited data back to 4G unlimited data (she initially messed up and had to call tonight to get the right data plan again)
    5. left the store in 15mins with a working N4
    5. created the new APN (the one listed on page 2) on the N4 when I got home
    6. rebooted N4

    that's it...real simple (after a few hiccups, but it was just the lady today putting me on the wrong data plan)
    any questions...let me know
    I'll try to do my best and help
    On the ATT website under your account what exact data plan shows up there? Mine says unlimited data for Personal smartphones. ATT insists this is the right one although it doesn't say 4G anywhere. I also changed my APN to those same settings. Works great. I just wonder if I have the right data plan.
  15. #90  
    map1978's Avatar

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    On the ATT website under your account what exact data plan shows up there? Mine says unlimited data for Personal smartphones. ATT insists this is the right one although it doesn't say 4G anywhere. I also changed my APN to those same settings. Works great. I just wonder if I have the right data plan.
    That's what my plan has as well
    It means this according to the at&t website...

    Data Plan for SmartPhones. Unlimited domestic data usage. Only available for upgrades. Requires customers to be on a "Gold List" Data Unlimited SmartPhone Plan prior to upgrade to 4G device.
  16. #91  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    Using these settings found here: APN settings for AT&T ??? - xda-developers
    I went from a 222 ping and 7kbps download, 3kbps to 84 ping and 6.7mb download, 1.3 upload.
    awesome!

    Name: AT&T HSPA+
    APN: phone
    Proxy: Blank
    Port: Blank
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    Server: blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Blank
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,hipri
    APN protocol: leave as is
    Bearer: leave as is
    Put those settings in and am getting 7Mbps down with the occasional 10Mbps down.

    EDIT: Ranges from 4.5Mbps to 6.5Mbps down and 1Mbps up. In different areas I'm getting higher downloads.
    Last edited by Jnorton2724; 11-30-2012 at 12:47 AM.
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    I've got a iPhone 5 LTE unlimited plan and after dropping the the sim with a nano to micro adapter I had no data happening.
    Frustratingly surfing the web looking for answers I stumbled on this thread and by using the above APN settings it's working fine on HSPA+, so thanks for the help. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people needing this advice.

    This is my first experience with Android after 4 years of iOS so i'm sure i'll be a regular visitor here.
  18. #93  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by JMD1138 View Post
    I've got a iPhone 5 LTE unlimited plan and after dropping the the sim with a nano to micro adapter I had no data happening.
    Frustratingly surfing the web looking for answers I stumbled on this thread and by using the above APN settings it's working fine on HSPA+, so thanks for the help. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people needing this advice.

    This is my first experience with Android after 4 years of iOS so i'm sure i'll be a regular visitor here.
    Does you Nexus still show H or H+ above the signal? HSPA 10 under status as well?
  19. #94  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    Does you Nexus still show H or H+ above the signal? HSPA 10 under status as well?
    Yeah its just the H, I've read this is perfectly normal. And yeah HSPA 10.

    I can kinda confirm this because when I originally got the Nexus 4 I didn't have a sim adapter and had to run to AT&T and grab a micro sim. The guy updated my account with the N4 IMEI and put me on a generic non LTE plan without me knowing and I only had an H the whole time. Almost a week goes by and I had to return the N4 because the sim tray kept seizing up. I go back to the iPhone 5 and find I have no LTE on it so I get back on to the LTE plan. Now I've finally got my replacement and it's working just as fine on the LTE plan as it did the HSPA+ plan.
    Last edited by JMD1138; 11-30-2012 at 04:33 AM.
    XChrisX likes this.
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Finally got my plan switched over to 4G smartphone after explaining the situation via chat to ATT. However they said they were unable to keep my unlimited plan. Anyone else have that problem?
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    You should have called... You are supposed to be allowed to keep it.
  22. #97  
    jd914's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    804 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladeef View Post
    Finally got my plan switched over to 4G smartphone after explaining the situation via chat to ATT. However they said they were unable to keep my unlimited plan. Anyone else have that problem?
    That is complete BS. You should call them back ASAP and get your unlimited data reinstated, if you don't you'll risk losing it forever.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by havanahjoe View Post
    My indicator looks the same now with the phone HSPA+ APN as it did with the wap.cingular APN on the 3G plan. I've never seen H+ on it. When you're on the wrong plan, the phone APN will not give you any data, your indicator will be gray.
    What battery APP are you using for the percentage in the top left of your screenshot. I think I like the look better than the "Battery Indicator" app that I am using.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Thanks, that's what I thought, I have pending case to get it reinstated for 12/04

    Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    That is complete BS. You should call them back ASAP and get your unlimited data reinstated, if you don't you'll risk losing it forever.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  25. #100  
    map1978's Avatar

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    This needs to be a sticky until most get there phones shipped
    This has been very helpful to me and I'm sure others

    Just because a mod didn't create it doesn't mean it's not deserving
    JMD1138 likes this.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone attempted using galaxy nexus on virgin mobile?
    By capslock118 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM
  2. will a gsm galaxy nexus from playstore work on att prepaid??
    By reasor1 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 08:03 AM
  3. Nexus S NOT unlockable on att
    By wpbfjr in forum AT&T Nexus S
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 11:29 AM
  4. Android Version Number on ATT Nexus S
    By cpatel112 in forum AT&T Nexus S
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
  5. Nexus One on ATT anyone ?
    By richxps in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions