Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 371
Like Tree33Likes
  1. #176  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    640 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by xxjmontxx View Post
    Anyone?
    I googled it and found it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #177  
    xxjmontxx's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    I googled it and found it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Cool thanks! So you went from the Galaxy S 2 to the nexus 4 also? Any problems?
  3. #178  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    640 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by xxjmontxx View Post
    Cool thanks! So you went from the Galaxy S 2 to the nexus 4 also? Any problems?
    I had a ton of phones since my s2. But lately I had an 8x, lumia 920 and still have my one x. No problems on the nexus. I expected a 2100mah battery to perform better but oh well.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #179  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by xxjmontxx View Post
    So for me coming from a galaxy s II, which is the correct APN settings?
    These are the proper setting for hspa+

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT-uploadfromtaptalk1355106021584.jpg   Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT-uploadfromtaptalk1355106057544.jpg   Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT-uploadfromtaptalk1355106116131.jpg  
  5. #180  
    xxjmontxx's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Thank you very much!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
  6. #181  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    The Nexus 4 on AT&T has been good except for my the main problem that I keep running in with.
    1. The IMEI # on my nexus 4, tells at&t to run it 2g data speeds.
    2. So I gave them an IMEI# of my HTC Vivid, and then my speeds went to hspa+ (after changing my apn settings around)
    3. Then my mms stopped being able to send or receive.
    4. Currently I am asking for at&t to recognize and support fully the Nexus 4.
    5. I am currently running my nexus 4 on hspa+ speeds, but without mms settings.
    Final thoughts, Maybe a different IMEI number would help resolve this issue. But hopefully at&t will be able to work this out for me in the next few days.
  7. #182  
    xxjmontxx's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    All of this can get confusing! What is an IMEI and where on the phone is it entered? Is it totally different than the APN? Will my Galaxy S II have the correct IMEI? How can I find out?
  8. #183  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    640 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by xxjmontxx View Post
    All of this can get confusing! What is an IMEI and where on the phone is it entered? Is it totally different than the APN? Will my Galaxy S II have the correct IMEI? How can I find out?

    Im using my HTC One X's IMEI, I get MMS, HSPA, and no problem with voice.

    APN Settings:

    Name: AT&T HSPA+
    APN: pta (NOTE: IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN LTE PLAN, CHANGE THIS TO "PHONE")
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80 (NOTE: IF MMS ISN'T WORKING, CHANGE THIS TO "8080")
    MCC: 310
    MNC 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri
    APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    Bearer: Unspecified
  9. #184  
    xxjmontxx's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    So what is the IEMI? Is it a bunch of numbers? How would I find one? Does my GS2 have one and if so how could I find it and how would I know if it will work for my Nexus? If it doesn't work how could I get one from a phone like yours that is working? Sorry I'm not familiar with all of this!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
  10. #185  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    640 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    yes, its in settings = about.
  11. #186  
    xxjmontxx's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    yes, its in settings = about.
    Thanks I found it! Now how would I "use" it for my nexus? Is it something ATT needs to do?
  12. #187  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    Im using my HTC One X's IMEI, I get MMS, HSPA, and no problem with voice.

    APN Settings:

    Name: AT&T HSPA+
    APN: pta (NOTE: IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN LTE PLAN, CHANGE THIS TO "PHONE")
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80 (NOTE: IF MMS ISN'T WORKING, CHANGE THIS TO "8080")
    MCC: 310
    MNC 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri
    APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    Bearer: Unspecified
    Where did you find these settings?

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
  13. #188  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    640 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    XDA thread.
  14. #189  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Hi Im coming from a blackberry bold 9900 and have a grandfathered unlimited plan. Does anyone know if I have to change this data plan to a 4g one or just change the settings on my N4. sorry for such a basic question but it's my first time with an unlocked phone.
  15. #190  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    XDA thread.
    I'm gonna Try these out, don't really seem any faster than the ones I had.... looks like they just threw some stuff in there for the heck of it

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
  16. #191  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by wheat5565 View Post
    Hi Im coming from a blackberry bold 9900 and have a grandfathered unlimited plan. Does anyone know if I have to change this data plan to a 4g one or just change the settings on my N4. sorry for such a basic question but it's my first time with an unlocked phone.
    You will need to change the APN setting on the phone... and a BlackBerry plan won't work right on the n4 out will need to get them to change it to a unlimited smartphone 4G... make sure they don't try to screw you out of your unlmited

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  17. #192  
    Exergy's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    I'm gonna Try these out, don't really seem any faster than the ones I had.... looks like they just threw some stuff in there for the heck of it

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    I saw your posts a couple pages back for the apn setting. I found the xda setting to be slightly faster but that could have just been the network fluctuations.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4
  18. #193  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Yea I've tried them back and forth at first I thought they were faster but it did just seem to be network fluctuation.... I dunno if this could help with the issues of not being able to talk and surf the web at the same time , I'd like to know where theOP on xda found these

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
  19. #194  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Ok so I've read this entire thread so I promise I'm not being lazy, but I'm still unclear on one thing. I am coming from an iPhone 4 which, correct me if I'm wrong, did not have hspa+. Thus, I have changed my APN settings to the "phone" settings. When I run speedtest I get about 2-2.5 down and 1 up on average. However, when data is being used on my phone it is listed as HSPA+ 15 network in my phone status in settings. Have we figured out if that is just a coincidence and I'm really not getting true HSPA+? I have "Data Unlimited for iPhone " as my plan.

    Thank you
  20. #195  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    I just tried using the "phone" APN settings and got a slight bump in speed. Keep in mind my data plan is still a 3G iPhone data plan, but changing the APN resulted in download speeds going from an average of 5 kpbs down to 1.5mbps. Also, when downloading settings shows HSPA+15 however the notification bar just shows "H".

    Obviously these numbers could be better, and I need to be on the correct data plan, but it has helped a little bit.
  21. #196  
    Exergy's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    I keep wondering since I'm having such horrible connection, although this is nothing new for the city, in the apn setting should there be something in the server box? Many apn settings just don't include it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4
  22. #197  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    640 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by Exergy View Post
    I keep wondering since I'm having such horrible connection, although this is nothing new for the city, in the apn setting should there be something in the server box? Many apn settings just don't include it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    All you needed is what's posted above and the correct imei on the plan

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #198  
    Exergy's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    I told them I have an atrix 4G with a fake imei I generated. It seemed to work but not great so far. Makes me wish I had Verizon or even tmobile at this point. Att is such a hassle.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4
  24. #199  

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Just went in to a local AT&T store, and the guy working there got me set up in 5 minutes and knew all about the N4. I told him I already tweaked the APN settings so he put in a new Sim card and set me up with a 4G plan. (Actually an LTE plan since they didn't have any HSPA phones to take the IMEI from)

    Ran a speed test and got 9 Mbps down.


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  25. #200  
    Exergy's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    Just went in to a local AT&T store, and the guy working there got me set up in 5 minutes and knew all about the N4. I told him I already tweaked the APN settings so he put in a new Sim card and set me up with a 4G plan. (Actually an LTE plan since they didn't have any HSPA phones to take the IMEI from)

    Ran a speed test and got 9 Mbps down.


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ugh, why am I getting such garbage speeds. I thought NYC had a great network, I guess I was wrong.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone attempted using galaxy nexus on virgin mobile?
    By capslock118 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM
  2. will a gsm galaxy nexus from playstore work on att prepaid??
    By reasor1 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 08:03 AM
  3. Nexus S NOT unlockable on att
    By wpbfjr in forum AT&T Nexus S
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 11:29 AM
  4. Android Version Number on ATT Nexus S
    By cpatel112 in forum AT&T Nexus S
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
  5. Nexus One on ATT anyone ?
    By richxps in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B