Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
You don't actually need a diff imei.. they can change the data plan manually, just basic reps cant

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Tsaan

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
To anyone who was having super low speeds (10kpbs-200kbps) and disconnections: Make sure you only have 1 APN setting! I couldn't figure out why the new apns weren't working. I had 2 possible settings so I deleted the orignal and now I'm experiencing normal speeds (3mbps-12mpbs). GL!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a 4G LTE plan now using my other phones IMEI and getting 4-8 Mbps down in my area. I'm not using the APN posted above but another I found from xda forums for people on an LTE plan with AT&T and this one is working a lot better. APN above had my Nexus 4 drop connection randomly and reset.

Is it bad to have two APN settings? I have the default and my APN I put in.

monkey28rb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a 4G LTE plan now using my other phones IMEI and getting 4-8 Mbps down in my area. I'm not using the APN posted above but another I found from xda forums for people on an LTE plan with AT&T and this one is working a lot better. APN above had my Nexus 4 drop connection randomly and reset.

Can you link me to the one you are using? I have an iPhone LTE plan as well..

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

No its not, you only have one selected at a time... you don't need to delete one

jordanmc109

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Switched my APN settings over to the ones in this thread/that XDA link. Restarted the phone and how I'm getting HSPA+:15 to show up in About Phone>Status and getting my MMS to send. I came from an AT&T GS3 and didn't have to change my plan from a LTE plan to a "4G" plan.

tomkot

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What speed counts good for Nexus 4? I have old unlimited plan. Got N4, went to store and they gave me new card. Had to call AT&T to activate it but didn't tell them that this is new device. So, didn't change plan, didn't change APN. As people already wrote here speedtest app not working. Used Speakeasy.net. Got 6.34 mbps down and 1.3 mbps up. Is it 'normal' 4G speed? I do have HSPA:15 during load.
For comparison my wife's iPhone 5 has 9.5 mbps down and 1.5 up. Bu this is LTE..

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What speed counts good for Nexus 4? I have old unlimited plan. Got N4, went to store and they gave me new card. Had to call AT&T to activate it but didn't tell them that this is new device. So, didn't change plan, didn't change APN. As people already wrote here speedtest app not working. Used Speakeasy.net. Got 6.34 mbps down and 1.3 mbps up. Is it 'normal' 4G speed? I do have HSPA:15 during load.
For comparison my wife's iPhone 5 has 9.5 mbps down and 1.5 up. Bu this is LTE..

The speed app doesn't work when you don't have the apn setup right. I followed the one on here earlier and it totally fixed the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

What phone did our have before? Your speeds will be faster if you enter the proper APN for hspa + and have the right smartphone 4g plan... are you sure our wife is actually getting lte? That's kinda slow for lte, sounds more like hspa+... speeds vary but ive seen high speeds of 8-12mbps on hspa+

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am beginning to think it is hit or miss with this....I had an iphone 5 with an LTE plan got my nexus 4 tonite put the sim card in and used the apn settings above. Works fine for me mms, hspa+, voice, voicemail...no issues whatsoever and I didn't have to call AT&T or switch my plan.

How did you use a nano sim in a micro sim phone?

tomkot

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What phone did our have before? Your speeds will be faster if you enter the proper APN for hspa + and have the right smartphone 4g plan... are you sure our wife is actually getting lte? That's kinda slow for lte, sounds more like hspa+... speeds vary but ive seen high speeds of 8-12mbps on hspa+

I had Nexus S before..never got more than 2 mbps :( so my current speed looks very good after old one

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've only been getting 3.5 mbps max. A little disappointing since I'm in NYC but there seems to be so much interference that maybe that's doing it. I think I have all the apn settings right.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've only been getting 3.5 mbps max. A little disappointing since I'm in NYC but there seems to be so much interference that maybe that's doing it. I think I have all the apn settings right.

Are you using the "phone" APN? Which data plan are you on?

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the "phone" APN? Which data plan are you on?

I told att that I had an atrix 4G with a randomly generated imei. So I should have a standard 4G plan. Not lte though. I have the phone set. So far no great speeds.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably going to switch to T-Mobile because of the faster HSPA+ speeds, and cheaper service but until then I'm keeping my AT&T service. Went to the store today, had them cut down my SIM card since the old one was too big. The guy (who was kind of a jerk) cut the sim, popped it in, rebooted the phone and sent me on my way. Everything works, but like many others, data is WAY slow.

If I understand correctly, changing the APN won't help much unless you have the proper plan. My account shows that I'm still on a data plan for an iPhone 3G. I wish there were a way to do this myself but it looks like I will have to go back (or call) and get on a 4G data plan first. Maybe it doesn't matter since I'm switching, but I'd like to have it working properly in the mean time...

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably going to switch to T-Mobile because of the faster HSPA+ speeds, and cheaper service but until then I'm keeping my AT&T service. Went to the store today, had them cut down my SIM card since the old one was too big. The guy (who was kind of a jerk) cut the sim, popped it in, rebooted the phone and sent me on my way. Everything works, but like many others, data is WAY slow.

If I understand correctly, changing the APN won't help much unless you have the proper plan. My account shows that I'm still on a data plan for an iPhone 3G. I wish there were a way to do this myself but it looks like I will have to go back (or call) and get on a 4G data plan first. Maybe it doesn't matter since I'm switching, but I'd like to have it working properly in the mean time...

I found the easiest way is to do an online chat with att. I used a made up imei number that I generated from a blog post I read. A Google search should get you the information.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I told att that I had an atrix 4G with a randomly generated imei. So I should have a standard 4G plan. Not lte though. I have the phone set. So far no great speeds.

Did you get good speeds previously in your area?