Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheLibertarian
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default contact lg?

I know everyone is tired of hearing about it but since everyone is still talking about it, I'll ask. Has anyone contacted LG and ask them when more are coming out? I mean after all they are making them, Google is just selling them. I'm sure it's been done, just wondering. I only bring it up because a Google rep told me to try to order from them

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Default Re: contact lg?

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    I know everyone is tired of hearing about it but since everyone is still talking about it, I'll ask. Has anyone contacted LG and ask them when more are coming out? I mean after all they are making them, Google is just selling them. I'm sure it's been done, just wondering. I only bring it up because a Google rep told me to try to order from them
    as far as I know LG is selling the phone for 2x the price google has, so I wouldn't really count on getting it for the same price

Please. Stop.

Is this your first online forum?
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Andrew Martonik likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Please. Stop.

Is this your first online forum?

Dude what is your problem? I'm not doing anything that half of these other people aren't doing! No this is not my first. I understand how they work. For every 1 good thread there are 4 bad ones. Look around!! I also understand if I don't like a thread I can choose to not read it and definitely choose to not post in it and fuel the fire. asking this isn't any better or worse than the 4 threads about backorder and emails. Grow up.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by cinek View Post
    as far as I know LG is selling the phone for 2x the price google has, so I wouldn't really count on getting it for the same price
    Ok thank you for the intelligent reply. I was just wondering because some people are paying that on Ebay or outright at TMobile. Thanks for the info.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok I was going to say something but the last sentence about points and mercy on my soul for a forum just says it all.

ROM
    Paranoid android

Since people like to b*tch as opposed to answer questions I'll answer your simple question.

I have called LG on two occasions. During that I spoke to several departments and I asked the following questions and got the following responses.

Q: Is there an ETA on more Nexus 4 devices?
    A: You must have us confused with Samsung because we don't have a Nexus 4.

Q: Is there an ETA on more Nexus 4 devices?(Round 2)
    A: We have no information concerning the Nexus 4

Q: What are some APN's the Nexus 4 will use on ATT's HSPA+ network?
    A: Call your cellular provider...

Ultimately, LG knows nothing about the Nexus 4 and half the people I spoke to there thought it was locked to a network and made by Samsung. I asked more questions but I cant remember.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Post edited by moderator
    If you want to decide who, and how people can post on these forums, you'll need to talk with Cory. In the mean time, please refrain from insulting other members.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Haha. "you must have us confused with Samsung" are they serious? Haha! Thanks for the helpful and intelligent post. I figured someone had tried. Just wondering what the response was.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    If you want to decide who, and how people can post on these forums, you'll need to talk with Cory. In the mean time, please refrain from insulting other members.
    Thank you. I didn't think my question was out of line, but wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    I figured I crossed the line, aw nuts!

Ok I was going to say something but the last sentence about points and mercy on my soul for a forum just says it all.
    You didn't even understand the reference?

Hahaha, oh boy.

ROM
    Paranoid android

Your question was not out of line.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Nope got the reference...exactly why I didn't reply. I don't like references as remarks. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Isn't it incredible how a company's employees don't even know what products they sell?

Nope got the reference...exactly why I didn't reply. I don't like references as remarks. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine
    Meh, you may bothering me with your incessant posts, but you're probably just as excited for the device as I am.

To each their own.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Heck yeah! And I didn't even order one yet. On a lighter note, some guy got a free nexus 4 from Google for his troubles. Hope some of you are that lucky!

I think no doubt the nexus 4 is a Google phone, LG is just the contractor hired to build it for Google. Google is handling support, even the warranties (I checked on that), so lg probably hasn't even bothered to give their employees any nexus 4 support materials.

The made by Samsung reply cracks me up

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

yeah I guess you're right. I'm just reaching for anything at this point

Heck yeah! And I didn't even order one yet. On a lighter note, some guy got a free nexus 4 from Google for his troubles. Hope some of you are that lucky!
    Link?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I just hope in a month I get the nice chunk of Christmas cash I usually do, and I hope google has plenty to go around by then. Really its probably best to wait, as we have no idea what kind of hardware defects these things have. I know it's tough though, especially if you're like me and dying for a better phone

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I spoke to LG before the release they are clueless or going to deny most things. They're PR statement said it should go to shops soon and they will push it even without a carrier, I asked which shops and they had no idea.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune