Nano sim adapter

bluebuury

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever get the sim card tray out? My dumb@$$ pushed in the micro sim tray with the adapter without the nanosim and now it's stuck.
Nope, I told Google that it was a faulty device so I'm getting a new one in the mail today. There is a possibility that you could destroy your Sim reader in there since the crevice in the adapter has latched onto the reader. The only good thing that I could suggest is to contact Google or you can try to yank it out with a pair of pliers, but I wouldn't risk damaging your device like that though.

illmatic41

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I told Google that it was a faulty device so I'm getting a new one in the mail today. There is a possibility that you could destroy your Sim reader in there since the crevice in the adapter has latched onto the reader. The only good thing that I could suggest is to contact Google or you can try to yank it out with a pair of pliers, but I wouldn't risk damaging your device like that though.

Yeah, I also have replacement unit coming way soon. My Nexus 4's plastic side at the chrome band near the bottom left is "mushy"...there's some give and then it creaks, then you press on the screen on the back button and it creaks some more. I put the sim tray with adapter in by accident while i was changing out the sim and didn't want to lose track of the tray during the Thanksgiving activities going on...it wasn't completely in the phone and then my stupid@$$ pushed it in by accident. Just hope LG doesn't think i caused the defect because of the tray being stuck. I got my RMA on Wednesday and they sent me the link to order a new device. How long did it take for you to get the shipping confirmation?

bluebuury

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I also have replacement unit coming way soon. My Nexus 4's plastic side at the chrome band near the bottom left is "mushy"...there's some give and then it creaks, then you press on the screen on the back button and it creaks some more. I put the sim tray with adapter in by accident while i was changing out the sim and didn't want to lose track of the tray during the Thanksgiving activities going on...it wasn't completely in the phone and then my stupid@$$ pushed it in by accident. Just hope LG doesn't think i caused the defect because of the tray being stuck. I got my RMA on Wednesday and they sent me the link to order a new device. How long did it take for you to get the shipping confirmation?
I was lucky. I ordered on Monday evening and my estimated ship date was November 25. I got my shipping confirmation on Wednesday, 21, and it arrived today, 23.
Did you get a shipping label with that RMA? I don't have a shipping label.

illmatic41

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky. I ordered on Monday evening and my estimated ship date was November 25. I got my shipping confirmation on Wednesday, 21, and it arrived today, 23.
Did you get a shipping label with that RMA? I don't have a shipping label.

Wow, you got your replacement quick. I received the nexus on monday and actually got my RMA on Tuesday, not Wednesday. I was emailed the shipping label from Google Play Store support. I believe it says I have 21 days from receiving the new device to ship back the old one. The shipping label shows that the device will be going to a LG repair facility.

hc_1540

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll echo some of the other comments on here and suggest that people don't use nano-sim adapters. I tried one in my Lumia 900 and ended up using pliers to get it out, totally screwing the sim reader. Pleaded dumb to Nokia and got a replacement (excellent service by the way) but it's not worth the risk

bluebuury

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll echo some of the other comments on here and suggest that people don't use nano-sim adapters. I tried one in my Lumia 900 and ended up using pliers to get it out, totally screwing the sim reader. Pleaded dumb to Nokia and got a replacement (excellent service by the way) but it's not worth the risk
That only happens when you put the adapter in the phone without the nano sim in the Nexus 4

bluebuury

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow, you got your replacement quick. I received the nexus on monday and actually got my RMA on Tuesday, not Wednesday. I was emailed the shipping label from Google Play Store support. I believe it says I have 21 days from receiving the new device to ship back the old one. The shipping label shows that the device will be going to a LG repair facility.
Should I contact Google Play Support again to get my shipping label? I tried emailing them, but they haven't replied back. I'm worried that my return time will run out.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I like to play around and see what works so I cut down a T-Mobile and AT&T sim to nano size to see how they worked in my iPhone 3Gs and 4s. Both phones are factory unlocked. Using a nano to SD adaptor they work fine in the 3Gs and a nano to micro they work fine in the 4s. I bought and would advise buying a cutter to do this and then you should not have a problem. I don't have an iPhone 5 I am really waiting for the Nexus 4. As far as the APN I left both phones on Automatic witch you can turn on or off. I don't know if you have this option if the iPhone is not factory unlocked. I would not be afraid to cut down your sim card.

AT&T will give you a micro SIM if you go down to the store but should you choose to use the iPhone 5 again, you'll need to either cut down the micro SIM or go down to the store again and request a nano SIM as they refuse to activate any previously activated SIM cards.

Karnaje

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have come from a iphone 5 with a nano sim. I got a sim adapter from amazon and it works great. It was a bit of a squeeze to get the adapter and sim into the tray and into the phone but it works great. Im not sure weather it will come back out though im not going to even try at the moment haha.

Obviously had to put the APN info in for internet and mms from my provider.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You would think an factory unlocked phone would have an auto setting for APN and MMS both my iPhone 3Gs and 4s do. I can switch any time and just reboot or toggle airplane mode and it sets itself up. I did have to do a little filing on the sims cut to nano size to make them fit easily into the adaptor trays. You did not say what provider you use...maybe just the major carriers can be auto set. I use T-Mobile and AT&T. Also on my phones you can turn auto off and manual enter the info for carriers that the phone does not know about I guess.

I have come from a iphone 5 with a nano sim. I got a sim adapter from amazon and it works great. It was a bit of a squeeze to get the adapter and sim into the tray and into the phone but it works great. Im not sure weather it will come back out though im not going to even try at the moment haha.

Obviously had to put the APN info in for internet and mms from my provider.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11