Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Default Re: HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.

Lol look at my sig

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Lol look at my sig

My bad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Don't know how this happened since I usually get 5-12 with the occasional 14-15 mb/s

HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.-uploadfromtaptalk1358204042434.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I've been noticing that while at work, running the speedtest app routes me through a server in North Carolina, even though I am in Texas. Any other part of town, and it correctly locates me in Dallas, TX. Any reason or fix for this? I'm simply trying to get an accurate speed test from work.

ROM
    Stock / Stock

What am I doing wrong? I went to the T-Mo store and got a pre-paid sim ($60 for 2gb of data) According to the T-Mo site I am in a 4g area.

#119 on the list of cities that supposedly have 4g (on the sticky by jerry)

Can anyone tell me why my speeds are so bad? the first 2 are in my house and the others are outside in the middle of the street.

Those speeds look capped. I would check with tmo to be certain. Also, be sure you don't have 2g only speeds set.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    I've been noticing that while at work, running the speedtest app routes me through a server in North Carolina, even though I am in Texas. Any other part of town, and it correctly locates me in Dallas, TX. Any reason or fix for this? I'm simply trying to get an accurate speed test from work.
    Yeah - I had something weird like that too - it would give my Wyoming as my test location!

On the desktop version, you have more control over picking cities.

Western fringe of Houston, TX - Nexus 7 tethered to a Nexus 4 that is about 30ft away. My upload speeds used to be decent, but now they're atrocious.

att and verizon lte avg between 55-65Mbps here in houston, so yes, i want lte. The "good enough" mentality doesn't work, imho. Would be on Att if they had an unlimited plan. Used about 200GB this billing cycle already with over a week left.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Quote Originally Posted by mnguyen281 View Post
    att and verizon lte avg between 55-65Mbps here in houston, so yes, i want lte. The "good enough" mentality doesn't work, imho. Would be on Att if they had an unlimited plan. Used about 200GB this billing cycle already with over a week left.
    Annnnd you don't feel like you should be paying more than the average <2-5gb users? You're the type of data hog that eliminated unlimited data (for those not grandfathered in). I know you know that already. I just wanted a chance to scold you about it
    gone down south likes this.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

How do you use 200+ GB in less than a month. Are You using this in place if home Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Annnnd you don't feel like you should be paying more than the average <2-5gb users? You're the type of data hog that eliminated unlimited data (for those not grandfathered in). I know you know that already. I just wanted a chance to scold you about it
    Haha - yeah, no kidding. I will be glad if he moves over to LTE and leaves our H+ network out of his loop. LTE in Houston is about to go from averaging 56mb to 46mb.

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Any T-Mobile users willing to share your APN Settings? I've searched all 10 pages of this thread and found 3 people ask for them but nobody display them. I for one am getting terrible speeds and would like to see if I need to change something.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    Any T-Mobile users willing to share your APN Settings? I've searched all 10 pages of this thread and found 3 people ask for them but nobody display them. I for one am getting terrible speeds and would like to see if I need to change something.
    These are the defaults from the N4 upon putting my SIM card in. If anyone has any settings tweaks to optimize data let us know.

HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.-uploadfromtaptalk1358304100640.jpg
    HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.-uploadfromtaptalk1358304111390.jpg
    HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.-uploadfromtaptalk1358304149547.jpg

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I use these settings:

I get a pretty weak signal in my apt and only get 6/1, but it is steady. Outside with a strong signal I usually get 10/3. I am in the Philly area which is supposed to have just turned on HSPA+42, but I have never seen anything faster than 11 down.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Does it make a difference whether the APN protocol is set at ipv4 or ipv4/ipv6?

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Here are my speeds with my N4. I haven't tested in a while but i'm sure they are about the same. I'm located in Corona/Chino Hills, CA (southern california)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.-uploadfromtaptalk1358311563496.jpg  

ROM
    Stock / Stock

ive tried every t-mobile apn i can find and I cant break 1mb down. I give up. I'm gonna have to stick with my straight talk sim. I will try t-mo again in a few months. I really wanted to go w/ tmo but for some reason its just not working out for me.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    Does it make a difference whether the APN protocol is set at ipv4 or ipv4/ipv6?
    I really don't know exactly what the difference is between the two. My SIM set it to ipv4 automatically, but I saw someone recommend switching it to ipv4/ipv6, so I did that the first or second day I had the phone. I have been using that setting for over a month now without any issues, so I plan on leaving it alone unless i have a problem.

I am pretty sure I got the apn settings from one of the T-mobile threads over at XDA in the Nexus 4 General forum.

I added the IPv4/IPv6 and saw a noticeable bump in DL speeds. Before it was 7-11 mbps down, and after it jumped to 11-17 mbps down. Initial ping times and upload speeds are still pretty slow though.

UGH! so jealous, I can't wait for my N4 to arrive, I am in the south bay and on Sprint's LTE connection I am getting 1Mbps down and 0.9 up. PATHETIC! my N4 arrives on monday and I cannot wait to pop in a T-Mo SIM and get those speeds

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by daniel2744 View Post
    Here are my speeds with my N4. I haven't tested in a while but i'm sure they are about the same. I'm located in Corona/Chino Hills, CA (southern california)

Dude what the heck? How are you getting those speeds in Chino Hills / Corona? I'm right next door in Ontario / Chino /Montclair and i cant break 1mb down on my N4 with Tmo... WTF?

I am in NY/NJ. I noticed whenever the connection was HSPA+ 15, my Nexus 4 was slower than HSPA 10. Did anyone else experience this kind of issue? The settings are the default ones from T-mobile 30 plan.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    Dude what the heck? How are you getting those speeds in Chino Hills / Corona? I'm right next door in Ontario / Chino /Montclair and i cant break 1mb down on my N4 with Tmo... WTF?

Are you serious? That sucks dude. So far speeds have been good everywhere I go. I didn't expect it to be this fast. Historically, every provider has sucked where I live but surprisingly T-Mobile has been great. I don't even turn on WiFi anymore. I have been out there and I remember getting more than 1 Mbps down. How weird!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by kingoftowns1 View Post
    UGH! so jealous, I can't wait for my N4 to arrive, I am in the south bay and on Sprint's LTE connection I am getting 1Mbps down and 0.9 up. PATHETIC! my N4 arrives on monday and I cannot wait to pop in a T-Mo SIM and get those speeds
    Lol I pull 30mb down in Chicago on sprints lte only with 61% complete. Your area is not even close to ours in lte towers operating

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.-uploadfromtaptalk1358955200641.jpg  
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast