Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Worth Getting Nexus 4?

    I am considering getting the Nexus 4 on Straight Talk with an AT&T sim. But AT&T only has 'edge' data coverage in my area but has excellent voice coverage. There is a rumor my area is getting 3G is Q1 of 2013 but nothing is confirmed. My question is, is it worth it? I'm asking for some opinions of others. I'm paying $75 a month for Verizon right now.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Worth Getting Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    I am considering getting the Nexus 4 on Straight Talk with an AT&T sim. But AT&T only has 'edge' data coverage in my area but has excellent voice coverage. There is a rumor my area is getting 3G is Q1 of 2013 but nothing is confirmed. My question is, is it worth it? I'm asking for some opinions of others. I'm paying $75 a month for Verizon right now.

    Thanks.
    Geez you must live in the middle of no where to get no 3G service.

    Only you can rly answer this since its your money. But if you use a lot of data on your phone and have unlimited data possibly with Verizon it likely is not worth dropping. Esp if you have 3G or 4G where you live.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Worth Getting Nexus 4?

    I wouldn't leave if the coverage is spotty. Not worth all that, in my opinion.

    Sent from my Motorola DROID RAZR
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Worth Getting Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    Geez you must live in the middle of no where to get no 3G service.

    Only you can rly answer this since its your money. But if you use a lot of data on your phone and have unlimited data possibly with Verizon it likely is not worth dropping. Esp if you have 3G or 4G where you live.
    I live an hour South of Toledo. They now have AT&T 4G. Verizon has 4G here and I just upgraded and lost unlimited data but I still have the option to return my phone and go back.
  5. #5  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    880 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.2

    Default Re: Worth Getting Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    I am considering getting the Nexus 4 on Straight Talk with an AT&T sim. But AT&T only has 'edge' data coverage in my area but has excellent voice coverage. There is a rumor my area is getting 3G is Q1 of 2013 but nothing is confirmed. My question is, is it worth it? I'm asking for some opinions of others. I'm paying $75 a month for Verizon right now.

    Thanks.
    I don't think anyone here can answer that question for you. How do you use your phone? Do you have wireless available to you? Do you have a smartphone now, or do you just want one? Do you travel? Is your contract up or will you have to pay an ETF? Your data speeds will be bad no matter what phone you have if you don't even have 3G. If you can live with slow data, then the Nexus may be a good upgrade depending on your phone needs.
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
  6. #6  
    KitN's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

    Default Re: Worth Getting Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    I don't think anyone here can answer that question for you. How do you use your phone? Do you have wireless available to you? Do you have a smartphone now, or do you just want one? Do you travel? Is your contract up or will you have to pay an ETF? Your data speeds will be bad no matter what phone you have if you don't even have 3G. If you can live with slow data, then the Nexus may be a good upgrade depending on your phone needs.
    +1

    Ask yourself those questions. Figure out if its right for YOU, where YOU, live and for YOUR intended purposes.

    Outside of that, the N4 is a solid bit of kit for an unbeatable price!

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Worth Getting Nexus 4?

    I'm currently running on the EVO 4G LTE on Sprint and the service is god awful around NYC / Westchester. Having an amazing phone like the EVO is utterly useless if I can't get good data speeds as I am one to use my data way more than my voice coverage (even that's spotty in the building I work). Hence me moving over to T-Mobile as I've seen the data speeds my brother who is on tmobile has.

    Having a top of the line phone isn't useful if you can't get good data speeds in my opinion (unless you are always on wifi then I guess it makes a bit more sense)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Worth Getting Nexus 4?

    Yes I have a smartphone, I was on Verizon unlimited but I upgraded last Thursday to a WP8 but the more I think about it the more it bugs me paying nearly $2000 over the next 24 months. I can get PagePlus around here since it runs on Verizon but wanted the opinion of others. I am also a phone hopper, I don't stick with one device for the full 2 years. I am still within my 14 day return period so could return it and go back to unlimited with my GSIII. Again I just wanted to get the thoughts of others.

Similar Threads

  1. Worth getting a nexus 7
    By jbecerril in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 06:25 PM
  2. Fascinate Free at Best Buy Tomorrow, Worth Getting?
    By mojo7766 in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 04:25 PM
  3. Bricked Droid, worth getting?
    By Trustno1 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 05:19 PM
  4. hero still worth getting ?
    By tsukomi in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 01:37 PM
  5. Urgent- Get nexus or don't get nexus
    By RacecarBMW in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B