Good option?

bluedawn128

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had a galaxy s2 since last October on att. I really like the phone but lately its been a pain. I've been through 3 batteries and it freezes and overheats on a regular basis. My options are insurance claim for 125, wait until my upgrade in May or nexus 4. I'm leaning towards the nexus but not sure how well it would work on att. Fwiw I live in Philadelphia and have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
No one can really make a decision for you, that's up to you and depends on how much/when you wanna spend the money.

As far as working on AT&T, it'll work effectively the same as your S2. There's not going to be any difference.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Obviously get it repaired or a new one. If you order a new one i am sure a mate of mine would pay a bit for it as he just broke his screen.
Look its up to you no one can decide that, its just if you can justify spending the extra money to yourself and if you really want it. I would personally go repair.

Knuckle9

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation. I have been using the galaxy s2 for a little less than a year and it's started acting up. Slowing, freezing, and overheating - especially when I'm streaming content from the Web. I'm leaning toward upgrading to the nexus 4. I really wish it had a sd expansion slot, but I think I can live without that. Hopefully the nexus 4 will become available again soon.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had a galaxy s2 since last October on att. I really like the phone but lately its been a pain. I've been through 3 batteries and it freezes and overheats on a regular basis. My options are insurance claim for 125, wait until my upgrade in May or nexus 4. I'm leaning towards the nexus but not sure how well it would work on att. Fwiw I live in Philadelphia and have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks!

If you care about LTE then imo skip the Nexus and dump that S2 and pick up a pantech burst or flex(Something cheap) that will tie you over until upgrade time. If LTE is a non issue then this phone seems to be a great choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress