So When Do You Think Google Will Activate LTE On The Nexus 4?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Why are ppl on CDMA 3.2mbps Max download 3g complaining about 21 or 42 hspa+? I get 4-6mbps download on att. Verizon I would get about 1.5. If u need 30mbps download then something is wrong. U can stream YouTube HD just fine Facebook download music watch Netflix all perfectly fine on anything over 2mbps I'd say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

fatkiid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Why are ppl on CDMA 3.2mbps Max download 3g complaining about 21 or 42 hspa+? I get 4-6mbps download on att. Verizon I would get about 1.5. If u need 30mbps download then something is wrong. U can stream YouTube HD just fine Facebook download music watch Netflix all perfectly fine on anything over 2mbps I'd say.

Each cell tower and the air interface has a capacity limit. LTE has more capacity than HSPA+.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
They f'd up the gnex. They never update anything in a timely manner. Not to mention they would add an extra 2gigs of crapware that you couldn't get rid of. The storage space on that phone is already crap, no more room for more bloat

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
They f'd up the gnex. They never update anything in a timely manner. Not to mention they would add an extra 2gigs of crapware that you couldn't get rid of. The storage space on that phone is already crap, no more room for more bloat

No one force you to buy it on vzw :p

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Each cell tower and the air interface has a capacity limit. LTE has more capacity than HSPA+.

And u need 30mbps download for what? I understand its nice to have but definately not needed. Especially if u have wifi at home/work.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm.... it seems xda discovered something:

nexus has LTE - Page 6 - xda-developers

It seems do N4 support LTE but only on band 4 and works only in "LTE only mode"

Also:

"Band 4 (AWS) could essentially be supported with the power amplifiers and transceiver that already are onboard the Nexus 4, but again it ultimately comes down to a particular OEM choice whether these get supported"

AnandTech - Google Nexus 4 Review - Google's new Flagship

Which would fit to what is happening in xda

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't even get why people would want the Nexus 4 on Verizon. I had the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon and I was very unhappy with it. It felt like I was a second rate Nexus owner. Every single time an update would come out, the tech blogs would mention that there is no news on when Verizon will have the update. Each time I seen that I was reminded that I had a Verizon wireless Nexus and not a Google Nexus.

Besides, most of the things that make the Nexus 4 so attractive wouldn't be possible with Verizon anyway. $299-$350 unlocked and with no contract wouldn't happen with Verizon. Immediate updates directly from Google wouldn't happen with Verizon. And a device that is free from carrier or OEM modifications won't happen with Verizon.

I am looking at the back of my Nexus 4 right now and thinking about how ugly a 'Verizon 4G LTE' logo would look on it. Meh, I'm kinda glad Verizon doesn't have another Nexus to mess up and I personally hope it stays that way. If they can't provide a good Nexus experience (and Google has already admitted that the vzw galaxy Nexus experience sucked) then they shouldn't release a Nexus device at all.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't care really, I was just answering you. There is no way I would buy this POS

If u don't care then don't post. If u don't like the phone that's your opinion. But it is definitely far from a POS.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup, after all the chest thumping assertions that it could never happen, it turns out the hackers only took a few days.

Yo Kevin, how's that crow tasting?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21