Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    I'm sure it's business days since they are a business and that's what they use for shipping.
    Yes, but the email said 3 weeks, not 21 business days. There should be such a thing as a "business week," which would be 5 days/business week, which should put us at the earlier date.

Of course, there were a lot of "shoulds" in this whole thing that actually weren't...
    slask likes this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I have a feeling I will get a shipping confirmation either Monday or Tuesday (well at least I hope so).

Quote Originally Posted by DarenTx View Post
    In general, I don't think Google has done a bad job here. There is room for improvement but I am quite happy with how Google has handled my order....
    But most of what I am hearing on these message boards are people just being impatient and not wanting to accept that they can't have it right now. It feels like a room full of three olds throwing a tantrum in the candy aisle.
    Maybe they communicated well enough for those who are still on the backorder list but the rest of us who didn't have a chance to order have no idea when they will restock. It could be at the same time as previous orders are filled or it could be a month later. I think that being in the dark on product availability two weeks after a launch qualifies this as a bad job. I'll continue to wait because the Nexus 4 is the best phone for my needs at the moment, but if the international HTC Deluxe DLX is out before they restock I will definitely reconsider.

Default Backorder, Its been about 2 weeks

Anyone have any idea when they are going to ship?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Backorder, Its been about 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by mattatwar1 View Post
    Anyone have any idea when they are going to ship?

The original statement was 3 weeks. So I'm guessing that still stands until it doesn't or they say otherwise.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Default Re: Backorder, Its been about 2 weeks

Or they will just change your order date without saying anything. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    Regardless of who or how many people are being childish, there is zero Google did to be proactive for this situation, and we haven't seen so much as an olive branch to rectify it. Its beyond my comprehension how anyone can say they haven't done a bad job, generally or specifically. People's reactions after the fact, don't magically alleviate Google of any fochery.
    I disagree. Google sent an email to anyone who was backordered and set appropriate expectations and explained they would be given free shipping. Free shipping is an olive branch isn't it?

The "situation" is you ordered a phone and you are on a wait list. If you don't want to be on a wait list then cancel. Otherwise, wait patiently until the 3 weeks are up. I come to this boards to see if anyone's backordered phone has shipped yet. But instead its just a bunch of whining.
    Thanked by:
    digitalslacker likes this.

Well just tried calling a CSR for the first time, just as useless as everyone says, but has anyone received any shipping emails in the last day or two? Or anyone have a nexus should up without ever receiving any email lately?

Quote Originally Posted by DarenTx View Post
    I disagree. Google sent an email to anyone who was backordered and set appropriate expectations and explained they would be given free shipping. Free shipping is an olive branch isn't it?

The "situation" is you ordered a phone and you are on a wait list. If you don't want to be on a wait list then cancel. Otherwise, wait patiently until the 3 weeks are up. I come to this boards to see if anyone's backordered phone has shipped yet. But instead its just a bunch of whining.
    Like I said, the reactions of the people, justified or not, does not alleviate Google of their screw up. Nobody with any bit of logic can sit here and say things have gone smoothly, even before the uproar. The actual SALE of the phone is the foundation of everything happening right now, including the "whining." As I said, if this product was a big enough deal to set up an entire event in NYC, but you don't have enough stock to last longer than 5 minutes, or even enough wherewithal to handle people placing orders, THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG. I've seen people sort of defend them, talking up the lack of experience for Google with direct hardware sales. Well guess what, the consumer market isn't new. They have brilliant people employed, and they have billions of dollars. Simply now knowing how it works is not an excuse. They knew this device was coming months and months ago. You hire and put the right people and infrastructures into place beforehand when venturing into new frontiers. You don't just wing it and then tell your customers oh sorry about that whole thing with the phones, we thought our 100 units would suffice, then go quiet for days, weeks. Some Even talked up the false hype machine. Well that's clearly out the window at this point. Even if that were true to begin with, its turned into bad PR at this point, and while I'm not one of the drama queens drawing a line in the sand and cutting all ties with everything Google, I'm not going to sit here deaf, dumb & blind and just give them a pass either. They messed up what is supposed to be the flagship representation of literally having Google in your hand. Its just a fact.
    Thanked by:
    SteveWin likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Just received this email :

Your Nexus 4 order is scheduled to ship this week. Well send you a notification, including tracking information, when its on the way.

Please note that your order will be charged in full when it ships. As a courtesy and to thank you for your patience, youll then receive a credit for the shipping charge within 7 business days.

Thanks again,

The Google Play Team

2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You've received this mandatory service announcement email to provide you with important information related to your purchase from Google Play.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ironically enough, I just received an email from Google stating that my phone is shipping this week, and to wait for a second notification email. Still won't exhale until it's in my hands, unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    Ironically enough, I just received an email from Google stating that my phone is shipping this week, and to wait for a second notification email. Still won't exhale until it's in my hands, unscathed.
    Same here!!!!

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Just received a similar msg....again, I bought a 16GB model at 3:15pm and then another at 6:05pm EST from Massachusetts. Got one email - just like I got one backorder email. Haven't been charged yet for either.
    -----------------------------------
    Your Nexus 4 order is scheduled to ship this week. Well send you a notification, including tracking information, when its on the way.

Please note that your order will be charged in full when it ships. As a courtesy and to thank you for your patience, youll then receive a credit for the shipping charge within 7 business days.

Thanks again,

The Google Play Team

I got the same email. If it ships on Friday and gets here Tuesday, that will be exactly three weeks.

Just got my email as well. Really hope its legit since everyone e seems to be getting it. Which makes me wonder...if they can handle the massive number of back orders internationally all at once, why was there ever a problem???? Oh well, I'm not getting excited to I'm booting mine up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Yea, I just got the email also. I'm hoping it comes in before the weekend.

Got the same email just now. Hopefully it reaches our doors by this friday so we don't have to wait the weekend lol.

I definitely appreciate the "courtesy" of Google paying us back for our two-day shipping that took three weeks.
    Sorkzilla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzy123 View Post
    Got the same email just now. Hopefully it reaches our doors by this friday so we don't have to wait the weekend lol.
    Yes, I waited so long already

My play store status just updated to a November 27th order date. I hope this isn't some kind of dirty mind game...

That happened to the people that got the first wave of orders. Their status updated to a new date then shipping followed.

Logically most devices will ship tomorrow and perhaps a second wave on wednesday.

I just got email from American Express credit card saying that "Card not present" transaction posted of $392.00 with name "Google Payment Corp". So they charged my credit card just now. I have 16GB one, order placed on 13th 1:07pm CST, got back order email on 15h. Earlier today got email saying will ship this week.
    Hope this helps. And expect will ship today, latest by tomorrow and if ships from Texas, I should get it tomorrow as I live in Dallas.
    Looks like good news coming soon for all of us.

Hey ladies and gentlemen,
    I have been following this thread for days now and just wanted to let everyone know I also received the email earlier today and a new pending charge is on my card. I ordered about 1 50 eastern.

Did it actually charge your card or did it place a pending charge?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast