Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Let's keep this thread only for people who have received a back order e-mail, but nothing else.

Since everyone that was in limbo got their shipments today (Nov 20), we're still waiting on ours. Any updates, post here.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Community members still on Nexus 4 Back order as of 11/20

I have created the nexus 4 back order thread for those who received the back-order emails right from day 1. Please share your thoughts in this thread :)

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Community members still on Nexus 4 Back order as of 11/20

I got a back order on 11/15. And got my item shipped this morning. Here are my details. You can use the below format:

Date/Time : 11/13/2012 - 11:38 am EST.
Confirmation : 11/13/2012 - 12:15 pm EST.
Bank charges : Pending till 11/15/2012. Then dropped.
Ordered Items : Nexus 4 16GB 1 Bumper.
Back order email : Twice. 11/15/2012 and 11/19/2012 (After speaking to a CSR)
Limbo status : Level-2 (limbo till 11/20 12.00 am)
Shipping status : Shipped 11/20 2:00 am.
Delivered : Yes, 11 am 11/20.

* was very upset with no communication and tried cancelling the order yesterday, but CSR told me that he would expedite the process and i think it did help, as i couldn't cancel the order *

Silly Putty

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

As for me, the only communication I received was the Backorder notice last Friday. I ordered at 9:30pm EST so I probably have a long wait ahead of me ;)

Date/Time : 11/13/2012 - 9:30 pm EST.
Confirmation : 11/13/2012 - 9:45 pm EST.
Bank charges : Pending
Ordered Items : Nexus 4 8GB
Back order email : Once 11/15/2012

Daisy Blossom

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I know the phone calls to the CSRs are pretty much worthless so take this with one huge grain of salt:

Called an hour ago, I have two orders and one backorder email. My google wallet says they went through at 16:54 UTC but the CSR said it looked like 12:30 PST on their end. Anyway, I asked if she had a better idea of when us backordered folk would be getting shipping confirmation and she said "throughout the week". She stated that "tracking numbers have been filtering through all day yesterday and today and some have been going out to people who received the backorder email as well as those who did not." This was CSR Laurice in case anyone cares.

I'm not holding my breath, but if it's true perhaps we'll start seeing some good news trickle in from people in our level of limbo to confirm. Fingers crossed.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Got backorder email on the 15th. Haven't heard anything back since

Tressabella

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I signed up on here just for news about this phone haha I feel like I'm the only one who ordered the phone way past the first 30 mins of the release. I ordered mine at 2:54pm central time >_< I got a confirmation email and then a backorder email a couple days after. I got so excited last night when I was reading about people finally getting emails about shipping and being delivered on the 20th (my birthday!). But alas, I suppose since I did not order mine until hours after the release I will probably not be receiving it anytime soon? I just wish more specific information was given other than "within 3 weeks." That's such a big time frame... *impatient*

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I know the phone calls to the CSRs are pretty much worthless so take this with one huge grain of salt:

Called an hour ago, I have two orders and one backorder email. My google wallet says they went through at 16:54 UTC but the CSR said it looked like 12:30 PST on their end. Anyway, I asked if she had a better idea of when us backordered folk would be getting shipping confirmation and she said "throughout the week". She stated that "tracking numbers have been filtering through all day yesterday and today and some have been going out to people who received the backorder email as well as those who did not." This was CSR Laurice in case anyone cares.

I'm not holding my breath, but if it's true perhaps we'll start seeing some good news trickle in from people in our level of limbo to confirm. Fingers crossed.

Hope this is true. Although I have a gut feeling we're going to be waiting a lot longer than this week...

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

got this email an hour ago (apparently it's a email going out to other backorders too)

Hello Mike,

I appreciate your patience with me. I was experiencing a little difficulty on today.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today.

However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Thanks,

Lynn
The Google Play Support Team

UPS hasn't come to my complex yet today. Vacation time at home maybe worked out perfectly. Hopefully I see mine today or tomorrow!

StevieY43

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I got earlier today in response to my email on 11/16:
Hello Stephen,

Thank you for contacting Google Play Support. If you ordered on 11/13 and you did not receive a backorder notification email, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Thanks,
Bianca
The Google Play Support Team

Of course my email clearly stated that I did receive the backorder email, but I guess this is a canned response.

Here's where I am:
  • Ordered 16gb at 1:06p EST, received email confirmation
  • Got backorder email 11/15
  • Play order history shows "Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012", order last updated 11/19
  • Wallet shows pending order
  • No pending CC charges

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Let's keep this thread only for people who have received a back order e-mail, but nothing else.

Since everyone that was in limbo got their shipments today (Nov 20), we're still waiting on ours. Any updates, post here.

Rofl... i just opened a thread... Can you ask any mod if you know anyone to close the other thread?

Silly Putty

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Received my Backorder notice on 11/15, no changes since. Luckily I have a lumia 920 to tide me over in the meantime. I just wish I had more patience lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy