Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 611
Like Tree87Likes
  1. #176  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWin View Post
    No way. Google sells these for a subsidized price. I don't think they care as much about selling them as T-Mobile who charges an extra $100 or locks you into a contact. If Google was serious about selling a lot of these for this price then we wouldn't all be in this situation right now. Its a holiday weekend. Google employees are enjoying sitting around the thanksgiving table, showing off their new Nexus 4s to their families. They don't even care about us enough to give us an honest answer about when our phones will arrive. You really think Google doesn't know when new phones will arrive? They do. They just don't care. I don't know about you guys, but when I ordered my phone, their website said "in stock" not "backordered." Getting that email two days later was not OK. I placed my order when the phone was in stock. Where is my phone? I lost so much faith in Google over the last week. How can I trust them with all my personal information if they can screw up something as simple as selling three products from their website? That Qi charger is never going to be available. They're just going to string people along forever like with the dock for the nexus 7.
    I think you are 100% correct.



    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    a61737025 likes this.
  2. #177  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    In all likelihood google has more than enough stock to ship out, but more than likely poor communication as well as improper planning on googles part caused this. Google isn't worried about profit margins with the nexus program, however they are interested in getting a large number of android users to switch to the nexus devices. Getting all of the current orders shipped out would allow them to place more devices up for sale online, if they don't manage that before this weekend a lot of customers will be drawn to other phones at special deals. More than likely google is doing anything they can to get orders shipped so they can sell more devices. Im not saying what google is doing is right, its not, im incredibly angered by this incident, but i still believe that they are trying to fix this albeit poorly.
    JwK_ likes this.
  3. #178  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    I would bet anything that we hear absolutely nothing from Google about this until next week at the earliest. I really hope you're right, but I seriously doubt it. If they put this phone back up for sale on the play store before I get a shipping confirmation, I'm closing every account I have with Google and I'm getting an iPhone... I hate apple for being a ****** company, but this whole situation makes me think Google is no different.
    JwK_ likes this.
  4. #179  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWin View Post
    I would bet anything that we hear absolutely nothing from Google about this until next week at the earliest. I really hope you're right, but I seriously doubt it. If they put this phone back up for sale on the play store before I get a shipping confirmation, I'm closing every account I have with Google and I'm getting an iPhone... I hate apple for being a ****** company, but this whole situation makes me think Google is no different.
    Lol
    MrVivekB likes this.
  5. #180  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Overreact much?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  6. #181  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVivekB View Post
    Overreact much?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

    Stevewin has a point. When companies up it is expected that they convey as much info as possible to calm the situation and keep the buyer informed. Google has done jack with that. A buddy of mine has looked at what is going on and called it a pure marketing ploy on googles part. No publicity is bad publicity, and look at all the hype/want that has been generated about the N4.
    Thanked by:
  7. #182  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo25 View Post
    Stevewin has a point. When companies up it is expected that they convey as much info as possible to calm the situation and keep the buyer informed. Google has done jack with that. A buddy of mine has looked at what is going on and called it a pure marketing ploy on googles part. No publicity is bad publicity, and look at all the hype/want that has been generated about the N4.
    Well someone is ALWAYS going to go the conspiracy theorist route. Its easy to do, and its usually mindless because its based on angry people with no facts, making it that much easier. That said, this is a screw up on their part, so at the very least, consider that they haven't shared much because they don't have much to share. Looking at the way the actual launch happened, its much more plausible than a huge corporation creating false hype, when an honest ad campaign would be a drop in a bucket. Also consider if they made a general statement to everyone at once, saying that we're getting our orders at X date, and then they can't stick by it. Just THINK what kind of uproar that one would create. They're not doing this for fun. That doesn't make sense. We all need to put everything into perspective and be realistic. Its been a little over a week. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated, but Google isn't taking my home or cancelling my 401k.
  8. #183  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVivekB View Post
    Overreact much?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure how much of an overreaction it is. I signed up for Google to notify me when the phone was available. I never received that notification. I stayed up until midnight to make sure it wasn't going to launch then. I checked first thing in the morning before work. I read that Google had stated it would start selling at noon Eastern. I checked again at noon and the website still said coming soon, but I read in the news that it had already sold out and started selling about 30 minutes before (at a totally random time). I thought that it must not be true that they're sold out because the website doesn't say sold out. I hit refresh a few times and it said "in stock" so I ordered the phone and got a confirmation email that said my phone would ship in two days. I was really happy to get my order in that day, only to find out two whole days later that I had been lied to. Google lied to me when they said I would be notified when the phone became available, they lied to me when the website said "in stock" and they lied to me when they sent a confirmation email that it would be shipped in two days. I use Google voice, gmail, Google +, Google music, Google docs, Google wallet, android and practically every Google service. I trust them with all of my information and trust their services to work correctly. So, yeah, I guess I'm a little surprised and upset that they are lying to me while not sharing any of their information with me, and the company that I trust to handle most of my technology needs is completely incompetent and doesn't seem to give a damn about its customers. Maybe it is an overreaction, but this situation has really shaken my trust in Google.
    Thanked by:
    JwK_ 
    JwK_ and Daisy Blossom like this.
  9. #184  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    I do feel that there should be more info at this point. Google now knows how many people have been back ordered, and they probably have a pretty good idea of how many phones are on their way to the various regions. Another explanation of what happened and some info about phones on their way would probably help a lot.
  10. #185  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWin View Post
    Maybe it is an overreaction, but this situation has really shaken my trust in Google.
    I'm in the exact same situation as you, man. It makes me angry just to think about it.
  11. #186  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWin View Post
    ... I was really happy to get my order in that day, only to find out two whole days later that I had been lied to. Google lied to me when they said I would be notified when the phone became available, they lied to me when the website said "in stock" and they lied to me when they sent a confirmation email that it would be shipped in two days. I use Google voice, gmail, Google +, Google music, Google docs, Google wallet, android and practically every Google service. I trust them with all of my information and trust their services to work correctly. So, yeah, I guess I'm a little surprised and upset that they are lying to me while not sharing any of their information with me, and the company that I trust to handle most of my technology needs is completely incompetent and doesn't seem to give a damn about its customers. Maybe it is an overreaction, but this situation has really shaken my trust in Google.
    This needs to be pointed out - my understanding of the Nexus Project is that it was a project for DEVELOPERS to build Android apps and Custom ROMS. Over the years, starting with the Nexus S IMO, the Nexus brand has become more main stream. It's not until the Galaxy Nexus, the first carrier branded Nexus (and hopefully the last) was introduced, which made the Nexus brand a bit bigger. Though there is plenty of press and news about the Nexus Project, it wasn't until this current generation that it became a consumer device - again IMO.

    With that all being said, I think you did over react and still are, in some respects. Just because you use a lot of Google services doesn't mean you are entitled to a device over all others. There are still plenty of projects and beta's you don't/can't use. Google would not openly and outwardly lie to it's consumer base, thats bad business. They have the entire internet to lose, plus Google Fiber and dare I mention - Google Wireless Cell Service?

    End result, you weren't lied to, Google made a mistake... and we all need to calm down and Wait for Google to make it right. I promise, they will make it right.
  12. #187  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by toonhead85 View Post
    With that all being said, I think you did over react and still are, in some respects. Just because you use a lot of Google services doesn't mean you are entitled to a device over all others. There are still plenty of projects and beta's you don't/can't use.
    My point wasn't that I deserve to be treated differently than everyone else because I use a lot of services, it was that I am concerned about Google's incompetence, deceitfulness, and/or lack of care for its customers. Since I use many Google services every day this worries me. I always thought of Google as an extremely well-intentioned, honest company. Now I'm not as sure. I do think that everyone who signed up to be notified when the product launched probably should have had a little more priority than some guy who read how the phone was selling out everywhere, so he got on, hit refresh a hundreds times and bought 50 phones to sell on eBay. There are just so many levels that Google screwed up here. No clear launch time announced, completely random actual launch time, no notifications sent out at launch, lots of website errors including incorrect " in stock" statement, incorrect shipping estimate that wasn't corrected on my play store account until almost a week later, vague estimates for those who were " backordered," no updates from them since the original backorder email, customer service says they won't know when our phones will arrive until we get a shipping confirmation email. Their special-ed customer service reps are more frustrating than helpful. They literally know less than we do.

    I just went through hurricane Sandy. Around 90% of people on long island lost power. LIPA had power back to most people's houses faster than Google let customers know what's going on with backorders (they still haven't told us).
  13. #188  
    jflexe99's Avatar
    Droids!

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    I did get a response via e-mail from Google.

    I asked them if the back order was due to actually selling out and waiting on new units to come in, or sorting through e-mails and getting them out. Their response was sorting through e-mails and figuring out who ordered first, last and in order.

    How could their system be that bad? If they have enough units, instead of wasting another week just sorting, send ALL the units out in a 2-3 day period just to get them out. I would assume people would like their device next week and out of order than within another 2 weeks and in order.
  14. #189  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Ok, well, enjoy never using Google search, Gmail, maps, because their hardware division had issues.

    Good luck with Apple Maps, iCloud, iTunes Match. Good luck trying to get contacts to bidirectionally sync from your phone to your email.

    I had an iPhone for 3 years, wife still uses one and those. They totally suck. Apple won't even acknowledge that I can't get iTunes match to be stable despite trying 3 machines over the past year. Contact sync? No chance, I gave up.



    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  15. #190  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    I did get a response via e-mail from Google.

    I asked them if the back order was due to actually selling out and waiting on new units to come in, or sorting through e-mails and getting them out. Their response was sorting through e-mails and figuring out who ordered first, last and in order.

    How could their system be that bad? If they have enough units, instead of wasting another week just sorting, send ALL the units out in a 2-3 day period just to get them out. I would assume people would like their device next week and out of order than within another 2 weeks and in order.
    Haha. Don't know what they are doing but I cannot understand why they need so much time to sort our orders (or it was only a lie) ...
  16. #191  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    A local T-Mobile store has 2 in stock right now.... So tempting to get one and just get the Value plan...
    United States Air Force
  17. #192  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    on Tuesday it will have been 2 weeks since we ordered. How is it possible that they can't get enough phones within 2 weeks for the people with BO emails!? LG must have had a scheduled shipment for the week after the launch so where are those phones?
  18. #193  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    I never imagine my first experience with Google was going to be this bad! Following Apple since 2007, every year getting the new iphone and even with all the blow out, i always have my device on hand right away... I guess is good to always check the reviews before to buy... I know i learn my lesson!
  19. #194  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    This thread has turned into a bunch of whining little Apple Fanboys - ba-l33ted!!
  20. #195  
    user00265's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by sidroid View Post
    I heard that UPS leaves the package on the porch. Since our phones have been backordered and there is no information on the delivery date, I was wondering what would happen if UPS does that and it gets stolen before I am back from the vacation. Whose liability would it be?
    This case was resolved by refund. Similar situation, I guess, to that.
  21. #196  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Plain and simple we will all get our devices (or if not a good lawyer). Googles primary source of income is in essence selling packets of data, apps, movies, music, etc. There is a huge difference between sending a stream of data to be stored on a device or server, and a physical product. its unfair to compare google to apple in this situation as apple is at its heart a manufacturing company, whos primary goal is to sell a physical product, google on the other hand is a information company selling well information. You cannot truly compare the two yet as google is still learning how to distribute its products.
  22. #197  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by toonhead85 View Post
    This thread has turned into a bunch of whining little Apple Fanboys - ba-l33ted!!
    Sorry to offend you! All mighty d***head!!! I least Apple CS is 100 times better!
  23. #198  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Ended up buying the last one at a local T-Mobile store. Got it on the classic plan for $200 and paid $200 to merge into the value plan.
    United States Air Force
  24. #199  

    Default Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

    Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    Ended up buying the last one at a local T-Mobile store. Got it on the classic plan for $200 and paid $200 to merge into the value plan.
    You are still on contract though with the Value plan right?
  25. #200  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoman667 View Post
    You are still on contract though with the Value plan right?
    Yes I am but I don't mind because I need unlimited data and its only $200 to break the contract if I ever want to. I was on the $70 prepaid before and now with the value plan I get my 15% discount.
    United States Air Force
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. UK Backordered Thread
    By c_hri_s in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 07:38 PM
  2. N4 Backordered Thread
    By hhurtado1 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 02:53 PM
  3. Got NS4G on the 20th and want SGSII Help!!
    By Mr.Slave in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
  4. Nexus One and Android 2.1 Bug Thread
    By Postal Dude in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 07:57 AM

Posting Permissions