Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
got this email an hour ago (apparently it's a email going out to other backorders too)

Hello Mike,

I appreciate your patience with me. I was experiencing a little difficulty on today.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today.

However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Thanks,

Lynn
The Google Play Support Team

UPS hasn't come to my complex yet today. Vacation time at home maybe worked out perfectly. Hopefully I see mine today or tomorrow!

user00265

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
got this email an hour ago (apparently it's a email going out to other backorders too)

Hello Mike,

I appreciate your patience with me. I was experiencing a little difficulty on today.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today.

However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Thanks,

Lynn

UPS hasn't come to my complex yet today. Vacation time at home maybe worked out perfectly. Hopefully I see mine today or tomorrow!

That's the template they're sending out. Canned message to deal with the overload of people bombarding them.

Silly Putty

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

Hello Mike,

Thanks,

Lynn

I'm convinced they don't even read the emails anymore.. Just send out the form letter

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather get a canned email than being ignored all week

What you think there not gonna come today or tomorrow? I highly doubt they would send this email and not be true.

legerdemainman

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The email is poorly written. "I was experiencing a little difficulty on today." What does that even mean? My guess is that the following line refers to people that had pending orders, but did not receive a backorder email:

"If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow."

Has anyone that received the backorder email gotten shipping information?

Silly Putty

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather get a canned email than being ignored all week

What you think there not gonna come today or tomorrow? I highly doubt they would send this email and not be true.

Not sure.. we'll find out in the next 5 or 6 hours if another wave of shipments are on the way

Ice Phrozen

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Date/Time : 11/13/2012 - 1:32 pm PST.
Confirmation : 11/13/2012 - 1:33 pm PST.
Bank charges : Pending till 11/15/2012. Then dropped.
Ordered Items : Nexus 4 16GB
Back order email : 11/15/2012
Limbo status : ???
Shipping status : N/A
Delivered : Nope

Still waiting on a shipping confirmation email. CSRs have told me that they're trying to ship within the 3 week time frame and they don't know when mine will ship.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The email is poorly written. "I was experiencing a little difficulty on today." What does that even mean? My guess is that the following line refers to people that had pending orders, but did not receive a backorder email:

Not that I've seen. We're SOL.

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's where I am:

?Ordered 16gb at 3:34p EST, received email confirmation
?Got backorder email 11/15
?Play order history shows "Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012", order last updated 11/20
?Wallet shows pending order
?No pending CC charges, Funds returned to my bank account on 11/16

I called and spoke with Frazier in Google Play Store support today and he advised my order was with UPS and that he could not promise anything but that tracking numbers are going out throughout today and this week and I can expect to receive the item soon. I asked if it could take up to the original three weeks as stated in the backorder email he said that was highly unlikely but he could not make any promises on an exact time.

Ice Phrozen

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Some people have gotten lucky and received shipping confirmation even when they've received a BO email earlier. CSR just said they're working through the long queue of people who ordered phones and there's quite a few who are BO'd. So just gotta wait... and they'll ship "within 3 weeks"

vjd1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Joined this forum to not feel alone while waiting for my backordered nexus 4.

Here is my status:
Date/Time : 11/13/2012 - 10:41:57 AM PST.
Confirmation : 11/13/2012 - 10:42 AM PST.
Bank charges : Pending till 11/15/2012. Then dropped.
Back order email : 11/15/2012
Shipping status : N/A

I am not expecting anything before first week of Dec........... will never purchase anything from Google. :mad:

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like some people at XDA Developers started getting tracking numbers now. No word what stage they were at, or if they received back order emails.

gnangnan89

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
At first, I'm from Germany.

First order:

Date/Time : 11/13/2012 - 12:17:24 AM UTC-8.
Confirmation : 11/13/2012 - 12:39 AM UTC-8.
Bank charges : Pending
Back order email : Once 11/15/2012
Order time: still 13th

Second order:

Date/Time : 11/13/2012 - 12:20:38 AM UTC-8.
Confirmation : 11/13/2012 - 12:50 AM UTC-8.
Bank charges : Pending
Back order email : Once 11/15/2012
Order date: still 13th

Only received one back order email, but cannot say for which order. :/

Last edited:

NavTheTaller

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
16gb N4
Ordered: November 13, 2012 1:29:47 PM EST
Confermation: Nov 13, 2012 1:30:00 PM EST
Back Ordered: Nov 15, 2012 3:10:00 PM EST
Current Order Date: Nov 19
Pending CC Charge Dropped: Nov 20
Shipping Estimate: Nov 15
Emails Sent: 2
CS Replies: 0
Requests to fill out CS Survey after being helped: 1 (see above)

Limbo Lvl3 4 Life

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670