Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My status on Google Play changed from shipping estimate: November 15th to Pending. No change on wallet yet.

Same here. Has anyone confirmed with Google Play as to why?

My guess is we're all truly back ordered now, this is just their way of letting us know.

NavTheTaller

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Does it make me a bad person because the first thing I did when I got home from work to day was not to great my partner and ask him about his day but demand to know if my N4 showed up, was he sure it didn't, how do I know you're not lying, etc?

Here's to hoping we all get a nice surprise over night and find emails in our inboxes tomorrow with tracking numbers!

rickmla

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you all... My status just flipped from "Shipping Estimate: November 15, 2012" to "Pending"

AND

There's activity on my credit card! The original authorization dropped off a couple of days ago, and I have a new authorization now!

But... it's for (-$393.53)

Why would there be an authorization for a credit on my account?

Glad to see they're not losing their wacky, loveable Googleness as the saga continues.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you all... My status just flipped from "Shipping Estimate: November 15, 2012" to "Pending"

AND

There's activity on my credit card! The original authorization dropped off a couple of days ago, and I have a new authorization now!

But... it's for (-$393.53)

Why would there be an authorization for a credit on my account?

Glad to see they're not losing their wacky, loveable Googleness as the saga continues.

What's that amount anyway? It's 366 for the 8GB with shipping (Ontario)

gelero

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Order date: Nov 13, 2012 7:50 pm EST
Backorder email: 11/15
Order update: 11/19
Estimated shipping: 11/16

Interestingly enough, as I was typing this, I check my status and it's changed from estimated 16th to pending. Any consensus yet on what that means?

gnangnan89

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Both orders changed to Pending seconds ago, too. Ahhhh, Hope that they will ship soon!

Edit: I'm from Germany - for those who want to know it!

user00265

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Also an interesting bit to add, but the "Help Center" link is ... not displaying anything useful to me...

DYiJ+

spartanjg

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I called and talked to a CSR, Lynn. She had no idea why my status changed on Play Store, everything was the same on her end. Got the standard, "we're very sorry and are trying to get the backorder phones out as soon as possible" line. Not getting my hopes up (again...) but I know a few CSRs broke the "pending orders are shipping tonight" news before others so if anyone gets a different answer please post.

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I called the Google Play Customer Services this morning and I got the response that if you received a backorder email, then you should be having your order ship "within 3 weeks". What bothers me is that people who were backordered are receiving their orders.

Order Date: November 13, 2012 12:01:51 PM UTC-5
Bank charges : Pending untill 11/17/2012. Then dropped.
Ordered Items : Nexus 4 8GB 1 Bumper.
Back order email : Twice. 11/15/2012
Shipping status : Not so lucky :(

I hope that there is some hope that units that didn't go out this week go out next week.

UPDATE - I read the first page before I posted. After continuing to read I also looked over my Google Wallet page and saw that the Shipping date was changed to pending. This is not the case as when I feel asleep around 11am EST(ish). Change is good?

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine just changed to pending also. I was backordered on the 15th. Order placed:November 13, 2012 1:53:13 PM UTC-5. Fingers crossed!!!!