N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
How long is the 50gb storage valid for though?

I know Galaxy S3 users got 50gb Dropbox storage, but it was only valid for 2 years, what about this offer for Box users? Similar 2 year time limit?

EDIT: Found it.

https://support.box.com/entries/22264258-lg-50gb-promotion-faq

So how long will I get the 50GB? Will my account ever be downgraded to 5GB?

Once you get your 50GB Box account, you?ll never be downgraded. The limited part of this promotion is that you only have until December 31, 2012 to get the upgrade; once you have it, the space is yours for the life of the account.

Sounds good to me!! Bye bye Dropbox!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How long is the 50gb storage valid for though?

I know Galaxy S3 users got 50gb Dropbox storage, but it was only valid for 2 years, what about this offer for Box users? Similar 2 year time limit?

its valid for ever but I wouldnt use it. I already got 50Gb with my HP touchpad and it was a pain to use.

first you wont get desktop app. you cannot upload more than 100 mb. if you want to download the files you have to download one at a time from web.
I uploaded 25 pics to it and when i wanted to download i had to pretty much download one by one which was a pain. so i stopped using it and deleted the account.

Last edited:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
its valid for ever but I would use it. I already got 50Gb with my HP touchpad and it was a pain to use.

first you wont get desktop app. you cannot upload more than 100 mb. if you want to download the files you have to download one at a time from web.
I uploaded 25 pics to it and when i wanted to download i had to pretty much download one by one which was a pain. so i stopped using it and deleted the account.

Oh what? That sounds like crap. With no desktop app, how do I use it? Just go to the website and upload stuff manually?

I'll still give it a shot. Maybe it's been improved from when you used it (I hope so anyway). If it's no good, I'll just go back to Dropbox.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
its valid for ever but I would use it. I already got 50Gb with my HP touchpad and it was a pain to use.

I'll give it a try regardless. I feel like most everyone should still sign up for it before the promotion is over. At the very least, you won't use it, but if it's improved over time (as it will be), it may just be useful after all.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh what? That sounds like crap. With no desktop app, how do I use it? Just go to the website and upload stuff manually?

I'll still give it a shot. Maybe it's been improved from when you used it (I hope so anyway). If it's no good, I'll just go back to Dropbox.
yes, you have to go to website and do everything. and yes, give it a shot and the worst thing that could happen is you would end up not using it.

I'll give it a try regardless. I feel like most everyone should still sign up for it before the promotion is over. At the very least, you won't use it, but if it's improved over time (as it will be), it may just be useful after all.
yup dont ignore the offer. give it a shot. but dont expect a desktop app for this since its only available for paid version of the service.

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Definitely helps the lack of an SD card slot. I just wish Box would support automatic photo uploading like dropbox does... that's the only thing I really used dropbox for. I use Google Drive for documents etc.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Why is everybody so gullible to the cloud, you are basically sending your private information somewhere you don't really know where, if that will ever be compromised and so can you, never trust your information where you cannot get to it 100% of the time and you aren't with the cloud....it is evil.

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes ... but on the other hand it's off-site in case of disaster, accessible from anywhere and backed up without you needing to do anything.

If your data is encrypted - you're perfectly safe. Choose your cloud provider wisely.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and box.net do have a desktop app now, so you can manage your files from a PC.

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes ... but on the other hand it's off-site in case of disaster, accessible from anywhere and backed up without you needing to do anything.

If your data is encrypted - you're perfectly safe. Choose your cloud provider wisely.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and box.net do have a desktop app now, so you can manage your files from a PC.

+1. Signed up for a new account for 5GB free, downloaded the desktop app, downloaded the android app on my N4 for a total of 50GB free storage (for life), all in about 5 minutes time. Easy peasy.

Privacy/Security arguments can be made, as well as discretion for what you upload to the cloud, but it sure is nice to have the 50GB free storage option while this promotion lasts.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Got my 50GB for free right after I downloaded and registered. Quite awesome. Never had online storage. So I don't need an external SD card quite as badly now...but would have been nice haha.

YAH for FREE!!!

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Why is everybody so gullible to the cloud, you are basically sending your private information somewhere you don't really know where, if that will ever be compromised and so can you, never trust your information where you cannot get to it 100% of the time and you aren't with the cloud....it is evil.
For the most part I agree comepletely with you but there are some things that are not security risk, that some people may not mind sharing and these things can be put into the cloud. So to me getting 50GB for such stuff I think is a good deal. But everyone should be aware of what you said that placing your information in the cloud is not safe.

Here is what I keep thinking...
If you put encrypted securty important or personal data in the cloud then (as far as you know) you have just placed that data on a malicious hacker's computer and they have all the time in the world to break your encryption and get your data. I understand that the company that host the cloud storage may be very reliable but don't think for one second that one employee of that company may in fact be untrustworthy. Also just because the company is trusted today does not mean you can trust them tomorrow, but they will always have your data.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800