17,000 Nexus 4s were shipped to US for Launch

rumthin

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone over at XDA, who apparently works for UPS, just posted some interesting info. This should obviously be taken with a grain of salt, as no one knows for sure if the information is legit.

Here's a link to his post.
xda-developers - View Single Post - [Official] Play Store orders & shipping thread!

It basically says that UPS received 17,000 [7,000 8gb, 10,000 16 gb] Nexus 4s at their main distribution hub in Louisville, KY on November 12. If this is true, Europe and other regions probably received even less.

Can we say Google REALLY underestimated demand.

He might be trolling, but I thought people here might want to know.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am gonna go with troll, I doubt the packages are marked with the gb and what they are even. That would be asking for it to get stolen. I would also gather that they would have had a few hundred thousand on hand.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am gonna go with troll, I doubt the packages are marked with the gb and what they are even. That would be asking for it to get stolen. I would also gather that they would have had a few hundred thousand on hand.

How would they know which is which then? Barcode/ lot number?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Does it matter at this point? The crap and iNexus users are already burning the world to the ground. There are very few things left that are combustible