Received a damaged Nexus 4

rjfarrow

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the phone was damaged as much as it's a build quality issue.

Sometimes Google and their partners are pure amateur hour.

You cant really be serious. I have worked manufacturing for nearly 25 years and let me tell you, siht happens. There is no possible way that quality control will catch 100% of the defects 100% of the time. Every single part rolling off that line is not inspected for defects only a sample. And only then if a defect is found will the inspection frequency tighten up. It will never happen not even in your perfect world.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You cant really be serious. I have worked manufacturing for nearly 25 years and let me tell you, siht happens. There is no possible way that quality control will catch 100% of the defects 100% of the time. Every single part rolling off that line is not inspected for defects only a sample. And only then if a defect is found will the inspection frequency tighten up. It will never happen not even in your perfect world.

This

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

anon(833289)

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I received my nexus 4 today, and right after opening the box, I was really disappointed to know that the phone has a minor dent on the side chrome.

It may not be very visible in the attached pics, but if you look at it against the light, you can easily notice the crimple on the otherwise smooth chrome.

Anyone else received such damaged nexus 4's? The return/exchange procedure is a big hassle, I am not sure if I want to go through it. :(

- Unhappy customer

Once again just tell me if you want to sell the phone and get a brand new one when the restock is in... :)

fatkiid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Relax. Who said anything about 100%? This is speculation/extrapolation based on anecdotal and small sample size. We may be a self-selected group in this forum, but the handful of confirmations are worth noting.

Last edited:

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a blemish / small dent on my 2 day old Nexus 4 bezel also. I can't figure out how it got there... It wasn't dropped or anything. I think it came out of the box that way but honestly I can't say for sure because I didn't notice it when I took it out of the box. I probably won't even bother with an exchange because the blemish is just cosmetic and has no effect on the usage of the phone. Everything else is perfect. Just a shame as it seems it is a quality issue.

SomeNexusUser

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Is your defect next to the volume up/down button? That's where mine's at and it's only 2 days old. I'm debating whether to send it back or not. It's really small, but at the same time it's not going to get any better over time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol