Nexus 4 scratch test

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Screen protector, front and back, no scratch problem.
I have no protector at all.

Front is virtually mint. No scratches. Despite several drops. My display did shatter once ($150 mistake), but no scratches.

Back has a few faint scratches...I don't think it is gorilla glass like the front. I get concerned only because it covers the lens of the camera as well, so a scratch could cause problems there.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, had this phone (N4's cousin) for a month and two weeks. Have it in a simple case so the back glass is protected. I JUST noticed a few nearly imperceptible nicks on the front display. I BABY this sucker but life happens.

Considering a screen protector but this touch screen is such money I'm loath to put anything between the screen and the sublime gesture response.

I went 2+ years with an HTC Inspire and its Gorilla Glass 1 and no screen protector and managed just fine.

I'll only put one on this phone if it's made so well I won't even know I have it on.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

shahali

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I think this Screen is pants. I used a screen protector from day one. Then i red all these stuff and thought, heck, lets take it off. used it for a week, with little else in my pocket (obviously if i had something i knew it would scratch - so consciously avoided putting keys etc). Feeling good about the naked feeling and then BAM , i noticed a very faint scratch....! I thought i had this Gorilla glass stuff, and it seemed to have scratched!

Hey ho.. back to screen protectors!

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my Nexus 4 on the ground and it slid along the floor for a few feet. The rear glass has a really deep scratch or a hairline crack in it now. Knives and other metal objects will not scratch the glass. Sand, stones, and grit will scratch it though.

Posted via Android Central App

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my Nexus 4 on the ground and it slid along the floor for a few feet. The rear glass has a really deep scratch or a hairline crack in it now. Knives and other metal objects will not scratch the glass. Sand, stones, and grit will scratch it though.

Posted via Android Central App

Sand and grit are the worst for scratching something.

rahul patwa1

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My n4 is less than 2 months old. I took of the scratch guards that came on it..and now I have 3 scratches on the screen
:'(
Please suggest some good quality scratch guards and a cover for the phone..As much as i hate putting a cover on the phone, I don't have a choice! **** Gorilla glass!

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
My n4 is less than 2 months old. I took of the scratch guards that came on it..and now I have 3 scratches on the screen
:'(
Please suggest some good quality scratch guards and a cover for the phone..As much as i hate putting a cover on the phone, I don't have a choice! **** Gorilla glass!

Use a glass polisher that is made to buff out light scratches on glass. I used it on my watch and gnex and it works great. I can't find the little bottle otherwise I would give you the name.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante