Order now pending??

anon(396452)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
pending

adjective
1. undecided, unsettled, in the balance, up in the air, undetermined The cause of death was listed as pending.
2. forthcoming, imminent, prospective, impending, in the wind, in the offing Customers have been inquiring about the pending price rises.

preposition
awaiting, until, waiting for, till The judge has suspended the ban, pending a full inquiry.

Collins Thesaurus of the English Language ? Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 ? HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
1. undecided, unsettled, in the balance, up in the air, undetermined The cause of death was listed as pending.
2. forthcoming, imminent, prospective, impending, in the wind, in the offing Customers have been inquiring about the pending price rises.

Well-played.

I assume Google intends the latter meaning, but they have effectively communicated the former.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine changed to Pending on Nov. 19 after six days of saying Estimated Shipping Nov. 15. I think they're using that word because "Eventually" or "Whenever" doesn't instill enough false hope they'll get their thumbs warm any time soon.