Google Customer Service: Welcome to Hell

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I agree this sucks. I'm in the exact same boat, still waiting. However, they in no way forced your hand at anything. They did make a promise then broke that promise. However, it was your choice to make a decision based on that promise. Even though you should have been able to rely on that, they still didn't force you to sell your previous phone. Unless at the checkout they said you must show proof you sold your apple product before they'd sell you their product, which I highly doubt.

A more accurate statement would be that you made an informed decision based on their promise, and they lied. Ergo making your informed decision a bad one.

Okay, another smart-ass.

Let me RE-WORD my statement: Google "forced" me to sell my previous phone in order to be able to afford a phone in which I was PROMISED on THREE separate dates.

Your anus doesn't FORCE you to wipe after you take a dump, but I can bet you ****ing do it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Your right,I do it voluntarily just like you did when you decided to sell your phone and get a new one.

I am guessing you didn't think your cunning plan through, including demand

Force means made, no one made you do anything, including wipe you butt

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Your right,I do it voluntarily just like you did when you decided to sell your phone and get a new one.

Voluntary: Done, given, or acting of one's own free will: "voluntary contributions".

Forced: Obtained or imposed by coercion or physical power: "the brutal regime of forced labor".

My phone was not sold out of my own free will; Googles promise was an outside force, which rids me of any "free will". It would be voluntary if I sold it without reason, or without cause.

You believe I didn't think my "cunning" plans through? including demand? Listen, Mr. "Veteran Forum-Goer": I bought a phone that seemed readily available for purchase and anticipated delivery within two days due to the promised delivery date. I even went so far as to confirm this with Google before selling my iPhone.

You lose; quit trying to make me look like an idiot with your abnormal amount of posts on a forum about cell phones. SMH.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah really. No one "forced" you to sell anything. Would you sell your car and then walk around until you found one? I promise i have a car for sell and I'll drive it to you,BUT you have to sell yours first then call me. Deal? And I know you're going to say "you're not a huge company" and you're right. You shouldn't put any more trust in them than you do a stranger...after all, you don't know them either.

daflake

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, forced is the wrong word. You simply bought a phone that you couldn't afford and sold your other phone to cover it. Not Google's fault, just a poor choice on your part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay, another smart-ass.

Let me RE-WORD my statement: Google "forced" me to sell my previous phone in order to be able to afford a phone in which I was PROMISED on THREE separate dates.

Your anus doesn't FORCE you to wipe after you take a dump, but I can bet you ****ing do it.

You chose to do what you did. Act like an adult and rather than blaming Google for your decisions accept the consequences for your choices.

If anyone read any of the threads during N7's release you can see Google isn't very good at marketing or processing and filling their orders for products that are in high demand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
To be honest...it did state 3-5 days (including processing - it is on their website small print so they are covered on their end for that)...also no one forced you to sell your iPhone I've seen a lot of people complaining about selling their old phones, well now people have learned their lessons. Bummer though that you still have not received your phone yet the backorder is a real drag. I got nothing but great customer service from them I called about the shipping because my phone got delivered Wednesday (1 day after the 5 business days they had) and instantly they refunded my shipping (it shows up in my wallet and my credit card now).

Thank you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
They did, actually. I'm sorry, but your literal representation of "forced" doesn't make my point any less valid. Google PROMISED me something, and when a corporation as large as them PROMISES you something... you listen. Tell me how you'd react if Amazon quoted you an exact day delivery? Ebay? Bestbuy? You'd listen.

I hope you learned your lesson. It could be worse. I know a guy who recently was told by a large Fortune 100 company that they planned to offer him a job. He quit his job and told his old boss to go suck and egg, and man it felt good, until the point where the new job offer fell through (didn't get approved due to budget constraints, etc...). Now he's unemployed. He UNDERSTANDS that he f&%#ed up. He should have waited until he had a formal offer and then he should have resigned from his former position in proper manner. He jumped the gun and realizes he made a mistake. He could have blamed the company HR person who told him that a new job was forthcoming, but he realized that he screwed it up and should have played it safer. Now his wife is working again, while he is pounding the streets in a bad economy, looking for a job that is comparable to the one he quit.

Be thankful that your mistake was not as bad as his.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Dude stop talking about this if any other company than goggle these google noids would be leaking battery acid it's a lost argument some folks are going to understand what you mean and some will not. I am waiting for mine as well and I too feel lied to but it wouldn't be as bad if google would have had a better customer support system set up. I currently have two stores on amazon and eBay and if I did not answers emails complaints I would be shut and these same folks defending goog had purchased from me instead I guarantee you they would not be defending my company we should hold all to the same standards go small business

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah folks, all-mighty Google can do no wrong and this guy is just an idiot for listening to Google's own shipping estimates. Had he not sold his old phone this experience would still be crappy because Google has no clue how to properly launch a product. Give me a freaking break.

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Had he not sold his old phone this experience would still be crappy because Google has no clue how to properly launch a product. Give me a freaking break.

Not arguing that his experience would not be crappy. Just sayin' that what is making his experience really bad right now is that he sold his phone, so he's got nothing. That was stupid on his part.

For crying out loud, it's a freaking phone. It's not the end of the world...

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Was reading this thread for a couple of days now, decided to chime in... Just have one thing to say though, wait till you actually get your phone and it happens to be defective.. Then you will know what REAL Google CS hell is....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That is the thing that I regret the most about Google not making enough phones. We are going to have several waves of self righteous iNexus users starting new threads on old topics over and over again.