Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Google Customer Service: Welcome to Hell

Here's a little recap of what Google has put me through this past week.

Default Re: Google Customer Service: Welcome to Hell

Bummer dude, sorry about your frustration. Hopefully you didn't need that phone you sold. My general rule is to never sell something until you have a replacement in hand.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Paranoid android

That video sums up my whole experience, thanks for making me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by harrycarry250 View Post
    That video sums up my whole experience, thanks for making me laugh!
    Google customer support has always been nice everytime I call
    Thanked by:
    SonDan 

Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    Google customer support has always been nice everytime I call
    They're nice, but Google doesn't give them any resources or answers regarding this whole mess, making them near useless most of the time.
    Nokia 3310
    iPhone 3G
    HTC MyTouch 4G/Panache
    Nexus 4. Final-f-ing-ly,
    gone down south likes this.

Oh no, I haven't got a chance to call because I couldn't order last time. I want to talk to these nice people too.

Catchy tone, catchy tone~
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Lightbulb Re: Google Customer Service: Welcome to Hell

I've still yet to hear anything from these clowns. I'm blown away.

Canceled mine. Customer service is important to me. Google should have made a formal statement. Picked up a droid dna and couldn't be happier.

Galaxy note 2 for me if I don't hear anything by this time next week. Extremely disappointed in Google.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

To be honest...it did state 3-5 days (including processing - it is on their website small print so they are covered on their end for that)...also no one forced you to sell your iPhone I've seen a lot of people complaining about selling their old phones, well now people have learned their lessons. Bummer though that you still have not received your phone yet the backorder is a real drag. I got nothing but great customer service from them I called about the shipping because my phone got delivered Wednesday (1 day after the 5 business days they had) and instantly they refunded my shipping (it shows up in my wallet and my credit card now).

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Van Horn View Post
    I've still yet to hear anything from these clowns. I'm blown away.
    I feel the same way. Almost makes me want to give another company (OS) a shot.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    bobsacomano likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by mlarco52 View Post
    no one forced you to sell your iPhone I've seen a lot of people complaining about selling their old phones, well now people have learned their lessons.
    Google forced me to sell my iPhone; when a company PROMISES you something, you believe them. Period.

Google forced me to sell my iPhone; when a company PROMISES you something, you believe them. Period.
    Lol... if it wasn't a pinky promise, it doesn't count. You're bad.
    dbareis likes this.

Bad@ss pinky.

I enjoyed that a lot more than the usual forum rants.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yes they came to your house and forced you to list it. Then they waited for the sale and drove you to drop it off

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by mlarco52 View Post
    To be honest...it did state 3-5 days (including processing - it is on their website small print so they are covered on their end for that)...also no one forced you to sell your iPhone I've seen a lot of people complaining about selling their old phones, well now people have learned their lessons. Bummer though that you still have not received your phone yet the backorder is a real drag. I got nothing but great customer service from them I called about the shipping because my phone got delivered Wednesday (1 day after the 5 business days they had) and instantly they refunded my shipping (it shows up in my wallet and my credit card now).
    All of which doesn't excuse the horrible customer service.

I agree that Google doesn't have its act together with this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Yes they came to your house and forced you to list it. Then they waited for the sale and drove you to drop it off

They did, actually. I'm sorry, but your literal representation of "forced" doesn't make my point any less valid. Google PROMISED me something, and when a corporation as large as them PROMISES you something... you listen. Tell me how you'd react if Amazon quoted you an exact day delivery? Ebay? Bestbuy? You'd listen.

Lol, I agree this sucks. I'm in the exact same boat, still waiting. However, they in no way forced your hand at anything. They did make a promise then broke that promise. However, it was your choice to make a decision based on that promise. Even though you should have been able to rely on that, they still didn't force you to sell your previous phone. Unless at the checkout they said you must show proof you sold your apple product before they'd sell you their product, which I highly doubt.

A more accurate statement would be that you made an informed decision based on their promise, and they lied. Ergo making your informed decision a bad one.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

No where did google specify that delivery would be in 3-5 EARTH days. Perhaps they meant Venus days or Mercury days. If so, we're in for a much longer wait on Planet Limbo 3.

Length Of A Day On The Planets In Our Solar System
    Mercury: 58 days and 15 hours
    Venus: 243 days
    Mars: 24 hours, 39 minutes and 35 seconds
    Jupiter: 9.9 hours
    Saturn: 10 hours 45 minutes 45 seconds, but can only be approximated because of atmospheric density.
    Uranus: 17 hours, 14 minutes and 24 seconds
    Neptune: 16 hours, 6 minutes and 36 seconds
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by nate0031 View Post
    Lol, I agree this sucks. I'm in the exact same boat, still waiting. However, they in no way forced your hand at anything. They did make a promise then broke that promise. However, it was your choice to make a decision based on that promise. Even though you should have been able to rely on that, they still didn't force you to sell your previous phone. Unless at the checkout they said you must show proof you sold your apple product before they'd sell you their product, which I highly doubt.

A more accurate statement would be that you made an informed decision based on their promise, and they lied. Ergo making your informed decision a bad one.
    Okay, another smart-***.

Let me RE-WORD my statement: Google "forced" me to sell my previous phone in order to be able to afford a phone in which I was PROMISED on THREE separate dates.

Your anus doesn't FORCE you to wipe after you take a dump, but I can bet you ****ing do it.
    Benoni Cooper likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Your right,I do it voluntarily just like you did when you decided to sell your phone and get a new one.

I am guessing you didn't think your cunning plan through, including demand

Force means made, no one made you do anything, including wipe you ****

Thanked by:
    Ry 
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Your right,I do it voluntarily just like you did when you decided to sell your phone and get a new one.

I am guessing you didn't think your cunning plan through, including demand

Force means made, no one made you do anything, including wipe you ****

Voluntary: Done, given, or acting of one's own free will: "voluntary contributions".

Forced: Obtained or imposed by coercion or physical power: "the brutal regime of forced labor".

My phone was not sold out of my own free will; Googles promise was an outside force, which rids me of any "free will". It would be voluntary if I sold it without reason, or without cause.

You believe I didn't think my "cunning" plans through? including demand? Listen, Mr. "Veteran Forum-Goer": I bought a phone that seemed readily available for purchase and anticipated delivery within two days due to the promised delivery date. I even went so far as to confirm this with Google before selling my iPhone.

You lose; quit trying to make me look like an ***** with your abnormal amount of posts on a forum about cell phones. SMH.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I really haven't had to try... You make it easy

Thanked by:
    Ry 

Yeah really. No one "forced" you to sell anything. Would you sell your car and then walk around until you found one? I promise i have a car for sell and I'll drive it to you,BUT you have to sell yours first then call me. Deal? And I know you're going to say "you're not a huge company" and you're right. You shouldn't put any more trust in them than you do a stranger...after all, you don't know them either.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast