1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Does anyone know why the Sound Search widget is missing? (UK Nexus 4)

This was also posted over on XDA but there wasn't an explanation as to why it's missing?

Default Re: Does anyone know why the Sound Search widget is missing? (UK Nexus 4)

Quote Originally Posted by smileman View Post
    This was also posted over on XDA but there wasn't an explanation as to why it's missing?
    If it exists on the US devices (it does on mine) and not on the UK/European devices, it is very possibly due to differences in copyright laws, etc.

As an aside, I wonder if the widely criticized low volume output of the N4 could be related to European rules concerning maximum out for devices like headsets (meant to protect against premature hearing loss)...

Default Re: Does anyone know why the Sound Search widget is missing? (UK Nexus 4)

By the way, soon after setting up my N4, it requested permission to download and install the Android v4.2 update.

Have you done that yet? I don't know if I had Sound Search prior to the update or not.

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    If it exists on the US devices (it does on mine) and not on the UK/European devices, it is very possibly due to differences in copyright laws, etc.
    Yeah I think it is some kind of licensing thing... if I recall correctly, when they first came out with that widget as part of the new Google Play stuff, they didn't yet have nearly any deals with music labels for the UK and Europe. Now that they're making lots of deals with music labels worldwide, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it show up over there too.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by smileman View Post
    google music was not available at UK!! but it will change soon.