Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Wallet not Working

Error:

Device Not Ready
    Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the phone has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.

EXIT

anyone else...? fix...?

Default Re: Google Wallet not Working

I don't actually have a device here, and just going by what you wrote, did you happen to reboot it yet?

I had some issues with Google Wallet when I first set it up but its working now. Keep trying to set it up, took me about 4 tries to get it working.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I think it's working now.. the key with the Nexus 4 from the beginning is persistence...!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Worked 1st try here. :-)

Heh. This device will be my fourth Google Wallet device. I have never had setup fail...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I can't get Wallet to work on mine. I've tried 4 times now. The first time it popped up and asked for my pin. When I entered it, it just thought about it for 2 mins and failed. The next three times, the app never even popped up to try and make payment. Is it my phone? The app? The fact that I'm using Straight Talk?

Is your phone rooted?

Mine has been stuck on "Adding card..." for days. I tried rebooting. Anyone have a similar problem?!

Thumbs up Re: Google Wallet not Working

If you are getting this message "wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized" while trying to open Google Wallet on your Nexus 4, I found a fix for my device. Here are the steps I took.

1. Turn your phone off and back on.
    2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Wallet.
    3. Clear the Cache and Data.
    4. Disable the app. Reenable it.
    5. Then, open Google Play and try to purchase a song (or anything else that is cheap).
    6. After you finish your purchase, open Google Wallet app from your phone. It will allow you to choose the email account to set up Google Wallet.

After going through these steps Google Wallet will open normally.
    tgp

Global Posts
    1,778 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lexmir View Post
    If you are getting this message "wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized" while trying to open Google Wallet on your Nexus 4, I found a fix for my device. Here are the steps I took.

5. Then, open Google Play and try to purchase a song (or anything else that is cheap).
    6. After you finish your purchase, open Google Wallet app from your phone. It will allow you to choose the email account to set up Google Wallet.

I did this, except for the purchase, and it was successful! These steps (minus making a purchase) are pretty much what I had been trying for the last couple weeks. The version of Wallet in the Play Store would initialize correctly, but it wouldn't add my credit card. The latest Wallet version, of which I had an .apk, wouldn't even initialize. Just now, Sunday, January 6, 2013, at 8:00 PM EST, it initialized and everything went through. It appears that Google just got their issues sorted out. Anyway, whatever happened that it works, I'm very pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by lexmir View Post

This worked for me to thanks:sly:

sent from nexus 4 or 7

A solution has been found on the XDA-Developers forums:
    Originally Posted by SpookyTunes

Force stop, then Clear data for "Nfc Service".
    Force stop, then Clear Data for "Wallet".
    Power off, then power on.
    The Wallet app will now initialize properly and cards can be added successfully.

Nothing posted in this thread worked for me, not even clearing the data for NFC service in addition to Wallet. Today I tried again and it just worked. I had Wallet set up before I got this phone, and it was able to get right in and see all the cards I had attached to my account. A couple hours later I got this e-mail from Google support:

Quote Originally Posted by Google
    Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we've investigated the 'Device not ready' error that you are experiencing. We have been working on this issue non-stop, and we've just made a change that we hope fixes this issue as of this afternoon 1/17/13.

Please clear the data of your Wallet app by navigating to your device Settings > Apps > Wallet, then select 'Clear data.' Then, please try to set up the Wallet again.

If these steps still do not resolve your issue, please let me know and we will attempt to address it as soon as possible.
    It didn't work when trying to buy some stuff at CVS earlier, but it tried. I'm guessing CVS's paypass reader wasn't working properly.
    gscarborough likes this.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by saeufer View Post
    Nothing posted in this thread worked for me, not even clearing the data for NFC service in addition to Wallet. Today I tried again and it just worked. I had Wallet set up before I got this phone, and it was able to get right in and see all the cards I had attached to my account. A couple hours later I got this e-mail from Google support:

It didn't work when trying to buy some stuff at CVS earlier, but it tried. I'm guessing CVS's paypass reader wasn't working properly.
    Nothing has worked for me. The version from XDA doesn't get past initial start up and force closes. The version from the Play Store sets up but shows "request failed" for my debit/credit cards. That leads me to call Bs on that email from Google I have am open ticket with them and I never got that email.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    jeremiahmegel likes this.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    Nothing has worked for me. The version from XDA doesn't get past initial start up and force closes. The version from the Play Store sets up but shows "request failed" for my debit/credit cards. That leads me to call Bs on that email from Google I have am open ticket with them and I never got that email.
    I had the same problem....make sure you have version 1.5-R87-v15. I didn't and when I installed that version on my N4 it worked perfectly. You can download the APK here:

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by kgeissler View Post
    I had the same problem....make sure you have version 1.5-R87-v15. I didn't and when I installed that version on my N4 it worked perfectly. You can download the APK here:
    Already tried that version. It hangs at the "setting up Wallet" screen.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

Already tried that version. It hangs at the "setting up Wallet" screen.

How long did you wait? I know mine took a good 3-4 minutes on that screen.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

How long did you wait? I know mine took a good 3-4 minutes on that screen.
    This is what I get after 5+ minutes

Google Wallet not Working-uploadfromtaptalk1358482840432.jpg

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

This is what I get after 5+ minutes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358482840432.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	57075

Did you try going to Google Wallet on your computer, going to Devices,disabling the app on your N4 and then reinstalling?
    Thanked by:
    jeremiahmegel likes this.

Read the earlier post follow those steps and it will work it worked for me I was getting the same message

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Did you try going to Google Wallet on your computer, going to Devices,disabling the app on your N4 and then reinstalling?
    Tried that once I disabled the device from wallet. Google. Com the app on the phone started resetting but got stuck (pic below)

Google Wallet not Working-uploadfromtaptalk1358484435138.jpg

Think I'm done for now between this and my Google Music Account I think Google is out to get me or something.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

how about if you root your phone, go into the recovery mode, wipe the data cache, dalvik cache and reboot your phone.

by the way, for everybody who thinks mobile payment is useless and nobody is using it.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by rksst228 View Post
    how about if you root your phone, go into the recovery mode, wipe the data cache, dalvik cache and reboot your phone.

by the way, for everybody who thinks mobile payment is useless and nobody is using it.
    That didn't work.

Thumbs down Re: Google Wallet not Working

Didn't work for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast