Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Nexus 4 is charging very slow

it say its charging on a USB when its plug on the wall .Is the something wrong with the phone ?

Default Re: My Nexus 4 is charging very slow

Quote Originally Posted by xCirocx View Post
    it say its charging on a USB when its plug on the wall .Is the something wrong with the phone ?
    Mine seems to charge fairly slow as well, especially compared to my previous phone (iPhone 4S). Not bad enough to seriously bother me though. Short of leaving it asleep or turning it off when you charge it, I'm not sure theres much you can do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    1+1/Nexus 5
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

well my is serious though to bother anyone it take a most of the day to charge and i cant use it well it charging cause the battery keeps dying

Global Posts
    852 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine charges really slow when using an HTC branded charger. It charges faster when I use a Moto charger, and I have yet to use the charger out of the box.

"In valor, there is hope."

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    Mine charges really slow when using an HTC branded charger. It charges faster when I use a Moto charger, and I have yet to use the charger out of the box.

Can you guys clarify one point? Are you using both the cable and charger unit which shipped with your Nexus 4?

well my is serious though to bother anyone it take a most of the day to charge and i cant use it well it charging cause the battery keeps dying
    Sounds like a defective Nexus 4, honestly. Mine charges pretty quick and can be used while charging without losing battery. I would get a replacement if you feel like dealing with Google reps again.

EDIT: I'm using the one out of the box.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default My Nexus 4 is charging very slow

What is the amp rating on the charged included in the box vs the ones mentioned above? More milliamps means faster charge, to an extent.

Is "most of the day" hyperbole? Can't imagine any other conclusion besides a defective unit if you're not exaggerating there. I would definitely prepare for a return to Google if that's the case, much as it pains me to think what that experience will be like.

1+1/Nexus 5

ROM
    Stock / Stock

hmm... one of the unboxing video's i watched said it has a 1.8 or maybe it was 1.9 Amp charger. You'd think that would do the job rather quickly. I wonder whats going on.

Is it charging from the wall or usb? If usb, maybe you have a lower power usb port. Try directly from the wall.. Mine charges slow (just as slow as my nexus s) but nothing to bad. maybe an hour for a full charge, give or take.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Beaulne View Post
    Is it charging from the wall or usb? If usb, maybe you have a lower power usb port. Try directly from the wall.. Mine charges slow (just as slow as my nexus s) but nothing to bad. maybe an hour for a full charge, give or take.
    it on the wall but when i go to the battery stetting is say charging (UBS) when it plug on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    hmm... one of the unboxing video's i watched said it has a 1.8 or maybe it was 1.9 Amp charger. You'd think that would do the job rather quickly. I wonder whats going on.
    Actually, it is a 1.2mA charger. At least, that is what came in my box for the US market.

Many phones ship with 1.0mA wall warts, as did my HTC Evo 4G and my wife's Evo Shift. If someone is using a 1.0mA charger with a phone which was designed for a 1.2mA unit, they are going to see a difference in the charge rate, that's for certain.
    Terry Cameron likes this.

try a different wall outlet, that did it for me, mine also said usb when it was charging from wall outlet,and it was charging veeeeeeeery slow.

ROM
    Stock

This might be a problem with the Nexus. I'm using a TouchPad charger (2 amp) and it charges in AC mode. If I drop it into my desktop dock or car dock, it only charges in USB mode.

I've tried several cables and car chargers, but none of them charge the Nexus in AC mode.

The same car charger will charge my Note 2 in AC, no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    ICS

if it's this slow on a wired charging, maybe the wireless inductive charging might rock your house and you can admire it while it sits on it's pedistal!!!!

Whatever cord you are charging it with it not providing the expected power so it assumes it is connected to a computer via USB.

You need to use the charger that came with your phone, not all power supplies supply the proper power for your phone. Each is device has different power requirements. Just because the charger you are using charges one device doesn't mean it supplies enough power for another.

just wanted to post here saying that my nexus 4 charge very quickly.

Not exactly sure if this will help, but from my first time experience after un-boxing and plugging my Nexus 4 into the provided charger it appeared to also be charging rather slow. In hindsight, I don't think it was charging at all however. I noticed that the charge icon was flickering at the top right and when I turned it completely off it wasn't a fluid charge animation either, it seemed to just constantly reset. Also, its supposed to enter daydream while its charging as well and wouldn't do that either. I assumed my charger or my phone was defective but then I unplugged the USB from the traveling charger port and reconnected it with my phone on the other end once or twice and then for some reason it started working correctly. Now my phone charges, and rather quickly for a mobile device. Though I also think the battery drains pretty fast as well, but it gets through my day and that's all I require.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    just wanted to post here saying that my nexus 4 charge very quickly.
    +1

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    +1

Takes just around three hours to charge to full from 7% here. Fairly decent to me. Never notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by xcommando View Post
    Not exactly sure if this will help, but from my first time experience after un-boxing and plugging my Nexus 4 into the provided charger it appeared to also be charging rather slow. In hindsight, I don't think it was charging at all however. I noticed that the charge icon was flickering at the top right and when I turned it completely off it wasn't a fluid charge animation either, it seemed to just constantly reset. Also, its supposed to enter daydream while its charging as well and wouldn't do that either. I assumed my charger or my phone was defective but then I unplugged the USB from the traveling charger port and reconnected it with my phone on the other end once or twice and then for some reason it started working correctly. Now my phone charges, and rather quickly for a mobile device. Though I also think the battery drains pretty fast as well, but it gets through my day and that's all I require.
    Settings > Display > Daydream > When to Daydream

Set it to "Either." It's enabled only for "When Docked" by default.

About 2 hours 50 minutes to charge from 1% to 100% here.
    Terry Cameron likes this.
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by pawnageinc View Post
    About 2 hours 50 minutes to charge from 1% to 100% here.
    Using the stock charger/cord?

I noticed the other day when I unplugged it in the morning it wasn't fully charged (86%). The next day though it was fine @ 100%. This morning, it wasn't fully charged (82%) so I looked at the settings and it for some reason it was USB charging instead of AC. I simply unplugged/replugged and it changed to AC and charged quickly and normally. I also have the same issue with my Nexus 7 at times. The two are plugged in on different circuits of the house so that's not it. I really think it's just a Nexus bug. I'm using both chargers and cables that came with each respective device.

My Nexus 4 charges from 10% in about 2-3 hours with the included charger. It almost seems too fast.

Mine is rated 1.2A / 5V

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

+1

Thank you so much
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast