Nexus 4 does have LTE.

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
At the risk of sounding dumb, you do indeed have to have an LTE plan for this to work? I just updated mine, but rogers says it will take until the 2nd to activate.

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi- Android NOOB here on Rogers. I tried this but doesn't seem to work. Got into phone seetings and chose LTE Only. Is this correct? if so, nothing seems to happen, and I have no internet connection at all. Am i missing a step or did I do something wrong? Thx.

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi- Android NOOB here on Rogers. I tried this but doesn't seem to work. Got into phone seetings and chose LTE Only. Is this correct? if so, nothing seems to happen, and I have no internet connection at all. Am i missing a step or did I do something wrong? Thx.

I get the same problem, but I choose the one above the LTE only (LTE/CDMA/WHAT EVER WHAT EVER) and it did not work. However, I do not have an LTE plan, so that could be a problem.

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I tried again and chose the setting you chose. It showed 4G for a while and then reverted to 3G or H. I'm in a steel office tower in dowtown Toronto so i'm hoping its just bad reception in here (its always sketchy in my office) but it looks like it worked, if only for a short while. Will test it outside at lunch and see if it jumps to 4G.

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I tried again and chose the setting you chose. It showed 4G for a while and then reverted to 3G or H. I'm in a steel office tower in dowtown Toronto so i'm hoping its just bad reception in here (its always sketchy in my office) but it looks like it worked, if only for a short while. Will test it outside at lunch and see if it jumps to 4G.

Any results from lunch? I keep getting a grey cell bar when i switch over my network. However, when I have my wifi on It turns blue and I am able to text and what not

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Choose "LTE/GSM Auto". You need an LTE enabled micro-SIM card too.

I had to set my APN to LTE. its working now! I got about 25mbps download and 23 up. not tooo bad at all!

ALSO:

The APN I used was

APN - ltemobile.apn
Proxy - <not set>
Port - <not set>
Username- <Not set>
Passwors - <not set>
Server < not set>
MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
MMS - Port 80
MMS protocol - Wap 2.0
MCC - 302
MNC - 720
Aythentication type - < not set>
APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

Screenshot_2012-11-23-14-13-56.png

Last edited:

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I tried mine outside and I got a very brief 4G, and then it hops around between 3G and H and grey bars. Also, tried to add the APN ddress but I go to my APN screen and there's nothing there at all. Strange. So I go through all the steps to add the new lte APN (for Rogers, as described) and it allows me to save, but still nothing shows up on the APN page. Not sure what's going on.

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes I tried mine outside and I got a very brief 4G, and then it hops around between 3G and H and grey bars. Also, tried to add the APN ddress but I go to my APN screen and there's nothing there at all. Strange. So I go through all the steps to add the new lte APN (for Rogers, as described) and it allows me to save, but still nothing shows up on the APN page. Not sure what's going on.

Try restarting your phone. I added the apn, and also go nothing being added.

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You're a genius! Restarting worked. Alllowed me to add the new APN (in addition to the Rogers and Chatr APNs that showed up), and now I have a steady 4G signal and a very speedy connection. . Thanks a ton!

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You're a genius! Restarting worked. Alllowed me to add the new APN (in addition to the Rogers and Chatr APNs that showed up), and now I have a steady 4G signal and a very speedy connection. . Thanks a ton!

No problem! Its great that Canada has a one up on cell tech, for once. this really is the best phone on the market now! hah (maybe except for the camera....)

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually I do have voice as well. I selected the LTE/GSM setting and it seems when I used the phone, the phone automatically jumped to 3G to allow for voice. I checked it as soon as I hung up. 5 seconds later, its back on 4G. This is a very pleasant surprise.