Dropped my nexus 4 on its face on ceramic tile

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
1.) Ever since I went naked with this phone for 3 days, only to drop it flat on its face and have the whole glass shattered and I had to wait 2 weeks for a new one from Ausrion, I have had a case on this thing. ESPECIALLY when i'm out and about. At work or home or class or maybe even a friends place, I may slip the case off and just hold it in my hand, but other than that I have a case on it.

2.) My case arrived in maybe 3 days after I broke my original N4. Quick and easy, off Amazon.

3.) I have dropped this phone once (on carpet) with the case on, nothing. And about the beauty of the phone, this case ADDS to it in my opinion. Just an all black case, sleek, doesn't take away from its beauty and still protects it at the same time.

EDIT: Case is called i_Blason Softgel Flexible TPU Case. At least thats what it says on Amazon. I recommend this case though. Its not that cheap, ugly gel. It has a nice grip around the sides of the phone, but still feels sturdy and looks nice.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I called Google Play just to see if I might get lucky and have them replace it under warranty. The first rep I spoke with had never heard of the Nexus 4 so she had to refer me to a supervisor.

I lol at this. A rep who works at Google and never heard of this phone? Priceless.

Sent from my mako :)p)

aguillen89

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Might be a stupid question, but does this cover phones bought from play store and used on T-Mobile pure paid plans?

Well I know T-Mobiles insurance covers the one purchased from the play store, what the rep at T-Mobile told me is they cover " the last phone your Sim card was inserted in" But as for pre-paid, (I'm assuming that's what you meant) I can't be sure, as I, for the time being, am still under contract! Hope this info helps!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Bumper cases are really nice looking and ads the protection. Just can't drop it it on something that has a corner. But will protect the corners and a front or back drop.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Honest question and I'm really not trying to troll but i have to ask...

Why would want reasonably intelligent person in their right mind buy a phone that has glass on both sides and NOT PUT A CASE ON IT!?!?!

An equally honest non-trolling question for you:

What is the point of designing a "stunning/gorgeous/breathtaking" phone made of glass on both sides, if you can't use the phone on a daily basis without putting it in a case that covers up said glass?

I've had my N4 for just over 3 weeks now and the all glass design is really becoming a deal breaker for me. It is just exhausting to be constantly worried that the slightest misstep will shatter your phone into a million pieces. Someone here or on another forum put it best, "It's like walking around with a raw egg in your pocket". I was lucky enough to grab a bumper the day they were briefly back in stock, but it honestly doesn't provide much peace of mind. It is still one slippery SOB. Other than the design, I like pretty much everything else about the phone, but haven't really found anything I love about it. My last chance for keeping this phone is the Poetic Atmosphere case that is due to be released tomorrow on Amazon. If that turns out to be a suitable solution I will probably stick it out. Otherwise it is off to eBay for my N4.

Josev82

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I also accidentally dropped mine on ceramic tile a couple of weeks ago. Nothing major happened to it apart from a 1mm dent on the top right corner. However.... I've just noticed that something must have come loose inside as I can hear something when I shake it! The phone still works perfectly, luckily, but that sound of a tiny piece moving inside really gets on my nerves. Have any of you guys who's dropped their N4 noticed this?
I wonder what that tiny part might be...

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I also accidentally dropped mine on ceramic tile a couple of weeks ago. Nothing major happened to it apart from a 1mm dent on the top right corner. However.... I've just noticed that something must have come loose inside as I can hear something when I shake it! The phone still works perfectly, luckily, but that sound of a tiny piece moving inside really gets on my nerves. Have any of you guys who's dropped their N4 noticed this?
I wonder what that tiny part might be...

Many phones had the "rattle," and that may not have occurred when you dropped the device.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
An equally honest non-trolling question for you:

What is the point of designing a "stunning/gorgeous/breathtaking" phone made of glass on both sides, if you can't use the phone on a daily basis without putting it in a case that covers up said glass?

I've had my N4 for just over 3 weeks now and the all glass design is really becoming a deal breaker for me. It is just exhausting to be constantly worried that the slightest misstep will shatter your phone into a million pieces. Someone here or on another forum put it best, "It's like walking around with a raw egg in your pocket". I was lucky enough to grab a bumper the day they were briefly back in stock, but it honestly doesn't provide much peace of mind. It is still one slippery SOB. Other than the design, I like pretty much everything else about the phone, but haven't really found anything I love about it. My last chance for keeping this phone is the Poetic Atmosphere case that is due to be released tomorrow on Amazon. If that turns out to be a suitable solution I will probably stick it out. Otherwise it is off to eBay for my N4.
I have an atmosphere case. It looks horrible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad