I want my Dad's Phone

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I never understood why so many people go on and on about htc build quality when their battery doors break, charging ports stop working, and their batteries lose a large percentage of their charge after the first year.

I'm fact, when i got rid of my evo 4g the battery door didn't hold together well, the charge port stopped working, their included cable stopped charging for no reason and the battery would only last 1-2 hours.

I don't know anyone with that phone that has a great working one unless they bought it later on and those that did that have a totally different set of issues

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I've had the evo og (my wife now has it) and i have the evo 4g lte, I've had no issues with either phone, i don't f... With the battery door, i charge my phones by sticking the cable in the port nice and easy, not hastily, knowing that you can ruin the port by jamming the cord in! The moral of the story is, be nice to your phone and it will be nice to you!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
When people go on about the HTC "high build quality," they're usually referring to aesthetics (metal instead of plastic, etc).

So it isn't build quality it's build materials

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Any phone battery door can break if you break it. That doesn't mean HTC doesn't have high build quality. It sure as hell is much higher quality then Samsung.

The Epic 4G Touch is great, since as many times as I dropped it on the concrete, even forgot about it in the snow, it dried out and everything started working again the next day. Samsung has the highest build quality of any manufacturer.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The Epic 4G Touch is great, since as many times as I dropped it on the concrete, even forgot about it in the snow, it dried out and everything started working again the next day. Samsung has the highest build quality of any manufacturer.

Agreed!

Build quality is how well it's built, not what material it's built from

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Is the Droid DNA 100% compatible with T-Mobile, I see maybe 3G but I don't think the high speeds, please somebody correct me if I am wrong because I am not 100% sure.

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The more I think about it stock Android is just going to win over the phones with skins. Since I already have the Galaxy Nexus I think I would go nuts not getting the updates but for someone like my father who doesn't care that is a very top of the line phone for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1