who besides Canada and T-Mobile is rolling out LTE band 4 (AWS) around the world?

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i'm in the UK (London) so hopefully one of the carriers here will be doing so next year? anyone know which band(s) of LTE that EE is using?

masqueofhastur

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It won't happen. DCS overlaps with AWS in a way that doesn't allow for AWS to work in Europe (just as PCS and DCS overlap in a way that doesn't allow DCS to work in North America).

Most European carriers use 1800 and/or 2600, with a few also using 2300.

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, what, do you think your Nexus 4 will MAGICALLY develop LTE? Have you not read the article? It cannot be done. Ever. I mean, yes, on at least 2 other places its possible, but no, never. Other than in those 2 cases. And maybe in some others. But never.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, what, do you think your Nexus 4 will MAGICALLY develop LTE? Have you not read the article? It cannot be done. Ever. I mean, yes, on at least 2 other places its possible, but no, never. Other than in those 2 cases. And maybe in some others. But never.
Funny. Never = 2 cases. Or at least 2. Or maybe some others. And I always thought never equalled zero.

Seriously, since LTE on band 4 has worked somewhere there is always a chance someone will figure out how to make it work on future band 4 LTE deployments.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Funny. Never = 2 cases. Or at least 2. Or maybe some others. And I always thought never equalled zero.

Seriously, since LTE on band 4 has worked somewhere there is always a chance someone will figure out how to make it work on future band 4 LTE deployments.

And there's an even better chance Google will promptly lock down this LTE business. Seriously, it's not happening.

As another member has REPEATEDLY pointed out, LTE on the N4 is not FCC certified and therefore illegal. It will be disabled.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Probably when its locked people will root their phones.
To be honest who cares if it has LTE or not.
I'll take it...Not much of a downside if you travel and have LTE. Also if your At&t unlimited your throttling bumps from 3GB to 5GB. I'll take that any day.