Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default who besides Canada and T-Mobile is rolling out LTE band 4 (AWS) around the world?

i'm in the UK (London) so hopefully one of the carriers here will be doing so next year? anyone know which band(s) of LTE that EE is using?

Default Re: who besides Canada and T-Mobile is rolling out LTE band 4 (AWS) around the world?

It won't happen. DCS overlaps with AWS in a way that doesn't allow for AWS to work in Europe (just as PCS and DCS overlap in a way that doesn't allow DCS to work in North America).

Most European carriers use 1800 and/or 2600, with a few also using 2300.

Default Re: who besides Canada and T-Mobile is rolling out LTE band 4 (AWS) around the world?

Agreed, what, do you think your Nexus 4 will MAGICALLY develop LTE? Have you not read the article? It cannot be done. Ever. I mean, yes, on at least 2 other places its possible, but no, never. Other than in those 2 cases. And maybe in some others. But never.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Gaiarsa View Post
    Agreed, what, do you think your Nexus 4 will MAGICALLY develop LTE? Have you not read the article? It cannot be done. Ever. I mean, yes, on at least 2 other places its possible, but no, never. Other than in those 2 cases. And maybe in some others. But never.
    Funny. Never = 2 cases. Or at least 2. Or maybe some others. And I always thought never equalled zero.

Seriously, since LTE on band 4 has worked somewhere there is always a chance someone will figure out how to make it work on future band 4 LTE deployments.

Quote Originally Posted by swebb View Post
    Funny. Never = 2 cases. Or at least 2. Or maybe some others. And I always thought never equalled zero.

Seriously, since LTE on band 4 has worked somewhere there is always a chance someone will figure out how to make it work on future band 4 LTE deployments.
    And there's an even better chance Google will promptly lock down this LTE business. Seriously, it's not happening.

As another member has REPEATEDLY pointed out, LTE on the N4 is not FCC certified and therefore illegal. It will be disabled.

Probably when its locked people will root their phones.
    To be honest who cares if it has LTE or not.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Apparently EE and O2 wool both be rolling out band 4 LTE in the UK

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Probably when its locked people will root their phones.
    To be honest who cares if it has LTE or not.
    I'll take it...Not much of a downside if you travel and have LTE. Also if your At&t unlimited your throttling bumps from 3GB to 5GB. I'll take that any day.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

Quote Originally Posted by smileman View Post
    Apparently EE and O2 wool both be rolling out band 4 LTE in the UK
    EE already operate on 1800

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Manning the AC Euro office since 2011